Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

custom made fuel rails for RA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliarts have nice STOCK fules rails I was just looking at mine today after I took my engine cover off to install my CAI.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 09:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ikeing
along with a fuel rail wouldn't you need fpr, larger injectors ,fuel mangagement...
Not at all... you may want those if you plan to be a HP monster,but for the regular guy just looking for a well rounded car thats a couple steps above the rest this is a perfect mod.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 09:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Mitsubishi Guy
Ralliarts have nice STOCK fules rails I was just looking at mine today after I took my engine cover off to install my CAI.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the be-holder... while it is alot better than my 2.0L stocker it still kind of looks like a piece of wrapped tin with ends. In the end a nice polished rail will outshine it i feel.

Maybe you can clean off the paint and just polish the stocker?? It's aluminum right?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 09:50 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Boe, just looked at your fuel rail pics, and you're insane. It's a beautiful rail, though When do we get to see one for the RA?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

hey boe do you guys make them for the RA yet
Old Apr 7, 2005, 06:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Should have one in about 2 weeks. Will be delivering a few rails for the 2.0L 02-03 Lancer to RRM this weekend. I'll have the 04-05 2.0L lancer soon as well.

I'll keep you posted and RRM will have pics up soon of the polished version for you to drool over.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

do you have an idea of what they will cost
Old Apr 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Boe... I don't really know what's up w/ these fuel rails & their gains... I know Omar's 308whp monster needs this, but how does it benefit my N/A RA???
I've got the mods you see below & will have the Piggy... what can I expect from shelling out the $200 or whatever price ends up being on this???
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Besides looking hot these rails serve a purpose...

The stock system is very restrictive and under high demand, ie:high rpms(above 4k), you will experience a lag or drop of power. This is due to the demand on the system exceeding the needs of the motor. The ecu pulls timing and raises injector pulse width(more fuel) While a piggy back takes car of the fuel and some timing there is still much more to be had.

Upgrading the pump simply isn't enough as the pump is still restriced by the rail and fuel lines. It does help but not enough... thus you need to increase the system. Easiest and simplist way is by increasing fuel capacity in the rail. This increased volume provides fuel when needed and allows the fuel pump to keep up with the demand on the system.

Have you ever seen a small air compressor versus a large one. At the same psi let air out for 10 seconds and see which looses more pressure. The smaller one will. Volume has a huge effect on keeping pressure constant easier.

Now this challenge is a little harder... take that small compressor and charge it fully. Open the hose and see how long it takes the compressor to drop down to about 40psi even with the motor running. Now find some hose and couple the bitter compressors tank with the smaller. Same motor/pump feeding both small and larger tanks. Open the hose and see how long it takes the compressor to drop down to 40 psi even with it running. You'll find the increase amazing. Same pump feeding the bigger capacity tanks makes it easier to maintain the pressure even when under the most strain.

Same goes for you fuel system... just keep that in mind.

Also it looks so damn good you won't believe your eyes. RRM should have pics up soon of the polished rail. They are all going to be polished this way. I believe they are listing at 199.00 with no core needed. So you can sell it later and return to stock, or keep it and sell your bored stocker.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 01:33 PM
EvoM Guru

RRM should have pics soon but you can check out my site for a pre-view...

www.customraceworks.com
Old Apr 7, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice explanation... helps a lot...!!!
Thanks Boe!!!

You did mention the pump... Stock fuel pump doesn't matter, right?! It's the fuel rail that's delivering the fuel that is what benefits the engine?
Should I be looking at getting a fuel pump down the road to compliment this mod!?!?!? Or is the GODZILLA-LIKE fuel rail good getting fuel from stock pump...
Old Apr 7, 2005, 05:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Rail is plenty... if you ever go past NA to SC or TC or NOS, you need the bigger fuel pump then. Otherwise the rail is all you should ever need.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

what about TC and NOs... would this help with using the wet nos system?
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Hell yes... NOS is a bigtime issue with leaning out a car. The further from that you are the better. With this rail you could also go to any machinist of shop and ask them to drill and tap a hole for you in the rail. Hell you could even do it yourself for supplying the fuel to the wet system. I checked around and most shops wanted 10-20 dollars to drill and tap a 1/8npt hole... perfect size for a hose barbed fitting to supply the fuel for the wet system.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Well i'm going to WYOtech to master every single different aspect of cars...
Turbos/interior desigen/suspension... so by the time i grab this i'll be able to do this myself.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: custom made fuel rails for RA