Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RRM clutch slipping??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jars1000
Excellent information. Thank you. I will look into removing the slave modulator ( think that's what it's called....or whatever it is.) I'll probably look into RRM's SS clutchline then, as that's supposed to eliminate it right?
RRM's clutch line will do, or you could go the cheap route and just buy a short piece of the right size brake line and fittings, and *carefully* bend to fit. There's always the option of gutting the restrictor for free, too. All you have to do is take the upper line off of it, remove the top (copper?) piece, and pull out the springs and two plastic pieces inside, then replace top piece and upper line.

Here's a pic of the guts I posted a while ago:

Whichever you do, don't forget to bleed the air out of the system.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some off topic crap goin on here but thats ok..... well guys hey its me, the guy who started this thread, and i found the problem, and your all gonna think im retarded...

2 mechanics said a clutch does need to warm up, but they SHOULD be good enough to NOT slip when they are bone cold, but it sorta does need to warm up to perform its best.... heres the other part.... when i drive, i dont relax my left foot on the dead pedel, i relax is softly on the clutch pedel. Well with the rrm clutchline i got, it makes the clutch very touchy, so the small weight from my foot chillen on the clutch pedel combined with the cold clutch is just enough to make my clutch slip...

when its cold as hell and i dont relax my foot on the pedel, it dont slip... but when its warm and i do relax is on the pedel, it also dont slip... the combination of the both is wht made it slip, until the clutch warmed up after 10 minutes of driving......

problem solved, found out myself, close the thread if you wish mods...
Old Dec 19, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
when i drive, i dont relax my left foot on the dead pedel, i relax is softly on the clutch pedel.
That's a habit you really should break. You'll kill your throwout bearing pretty quick that way. The first time anyone else drives one of my vehicles, that's one of the habits I watch for. If they rest their foot on the clutch pedal instead of the dead pedal, they never drive my vehicle again. One of my peeves. <shrug>
Old Dec 19, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh dear god...
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol yea yea i know, the habits already broke trust me