Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

ROAD/RACE -Sneak Peak!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
RPW just announced the header like a week ago? You telling me that RRM made a prototype and will be ready in about a month for production all in less than a week, just so they could match RPW? That time doesn't seem right to me.
I agree....from my experience RRM is usually pretty hush about what products it is working on until they know it is a feasable part to sell and has a perceived value to their customers. They probably really were planning on leaving the header alone until we all were on here blasting them about not making one. Then again, I don't know since they are usually quiet about products in their pipeline.

As far as RPW....they seem to be pretty open about what they are developing (hence the long laundry list of planned parts in another thread). I have not personally worked with them, but from what I hear they are a very reputable shop.

As a result of RPW getting heavily involved with the 4G69 engine now, this may change Rock's philosophy a little and let us know a little in advance of what may be coming.

All I know is that both are reputable shops and competition is good for us, the customers (and the businesses for that matter)!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by kericr
Well that's what I want to hear, just from them. I'm not trying to be a pessamist, and I'm certainly not trying to rail on RRM; the only aftermarket part I currently have installed is from them, and I have every intention of picking up the RRM pulley within the next couple of weeks. However, I've seen this kind of behavior before, and for me not to question it would be doing myself a disservice.

To use an extremely nerdy refrence, this header thing reminds me of something Sony Online Entertainment did with Everquest, where for the longest time players would cry about how unfair certain aspects of the game were, such as XP and level loss upon death, PVP class imbalance, inability to move characters to other servers, and so on. The programmers would simply respond with "it's to make the game balanced" or "it's prohibitively exensive for our programmers to root through all that code to fix one problem that effects a small minority of users." Then, Mythic Entertainment comes along and said they're going to make a game, Dark Age of Camelot, that promised to deliver all the fun and features that you get in EQ, but with no XP loss in death, balanced PVP classes, the ability to move characters to other servers, and everything else that the EQ programmers said they couldn't or wouldn't fix. Suddenly, the guys at EQ miraculously figured out how to make these changes so that it didn't affect game play, didn't cost much, didn't whatever. After sticking to their guns for 5 years about how they couldn't or wouldn't do things, they completely 180'd their stance at the first sign that they might lose their subscribers to a competing company; to put it nicely, they caved in like a bunch of pussies to subscriber demand and ruined the game for the casual player. Coincidentally, this is also the same time they stopped displaying server population.

Like I said in the previous post. I just want to know why it works now when it didn't before.
+1

Don't get wrong I support RRM 100%, attend all there meets and have met and converse with rob personally, but I still don't get why after 3 production years of the ralliart and now RPW comming out with a race header and numerous times rob saying that "the stock header flow well", "a new design wouldn't give you significant gains", it just doesnt make since... but it does make cents. Ive made numerous threads about "headers" for the ralliart and contacted 4-5 companies, but gave up when rob said "you can only slightly improve on the stock header, the dp will give more whp".

Ive always believe you can improve on our stock header w/ an aftermarket one, it's just if you have the $$$ or competition in your way and well... RRM finally has it. This header better give like 27whp... or im gonna vote RRM off the island, !

P.S. BTW, actually pics of the header looks HOT! Does that mean were finally gonna see a bore out TB since RPW has one coming soon?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to hop on the bandwagon and ask about the price of this beast.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, your exactly right. I was gonna post that same question...but you beat me too it. heh

I also want to know is this being sold as JUST a race header or can you buy just the header if thats all you want?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Don't get wrong I support RRM 100%, attend all there meets and have met and converse with rob personally, but I still don't get why after 3 production years of the ralliart and now RPW comming out with a race header and numerous times rob saying that "the stock header flow well", "a new design wouldn't give you significant gains", it just doesnt make since... but it does make cents. Ive made numerous threads about "headers" for the ralliart and contacted 4-5 companies, but gave up when rob said "you can only slightly improve on the stock header, the dp will give more whp".
can't a guy make a mistake? maybe there was a misunderstanding or something, but i can't see this one incident being grounds to refute RRM, IMO. i'd just be happy that they've got some new toys out for my car and keep on mod'in. it really looks like a great design, and it seems pretty aesthicly pleasing in my book....and that 27whp.... come on man...maybe 12-19whp is more feasible

mark

btw, i'm not trying to call you out. i just think that there MIGHT be an explaination or a just a misunderstanding on either end. just wait and give the new product a chance before you get to disgruntled about it....and happy mod'in
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I don't think anyone would ever go as far as to refute the products of one of the only companies that actually make stuff (damn good stuff I'll add) for our car simply b/c they actually had a bit of a marketing ploy. Companies do it all the time....look at Intel vs. AMD, or Sony Playstation vs. XBox.....its all part of business.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will explain. To make a header that would bolt to stock downpipe would not be beneficial on the RA. I must admit, I was thinking inside a box of sorts. Once, Mitsu changed d.p. mounting etc.. it became clear that a 4 to 1 header d.p. would make big numbers on the Mivec and would resolve issues with production changes Mitsu made. Now we are thinking outside the box a bit and we have had this wating in the wings for a while but it was lower priorirty than turbo. We are done with turbo guys for now so we are back on the N/A trail. Prices are unclear now but we can afford to kill competitiors pricing so let them post a price first............

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

So this will be sold as a race header then? Any projected numbers? And btw, I beleive (don't quote me) the RPW race header is $650 or something.....regular header is $399 I think.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
RPW just announced the header like a week ago? You telling me that RRM made a prototype and will be ready in about a month for production all in less than a week, just so they could match RPW? That time doesn't seem right to me.
Don't worry RRM is and the ball just wait and you will see , I got my hopes up.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

wow that looks like a pretty sweet setup! So rob, is he done? So now i just got to call the shop and see when i can get my car back....... i wanna see this for myself hopefully tonight!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

well in about 6 months R&D should be done and it should be out for retail. we can formulate our opinions when people buy and comment on either product, either RRM or RPW......But aside from that I like the picture of the header on the car, it does look good!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Starlite....they're using YOUR car for test fit? Do they let ya keep the part after? heh
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Production gonna look better. Thinking SS is the way I want to go on this part.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

so can ya give a hint on whats next after this header? I think something major like a cam or high compression pistons. either or i would kill for any of those if not both! i dont plan on goin turbo for the RA, im gonna keep in N/A so for us na guys we need to at least hit the 200 whp mark!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
Production gonna look better. Thinking SS is the way I want to go on this part.

ROAD/RACE
chanting: jet hot, jet hot, jet hot!

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE -Sneak Peak!