Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Under Drive Pulley Belt Problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:11 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Damn you guys really have a lot of ralliarts up in canada don't you?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pretty much and arm of them yah but what can you do if you can't get evos buy the next best thing right
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jessie55
the head mech at mitsu told me that about 70% of the pully kits installed from rrm in my area have ended up squeeling...he said its caused by sand dirt etc really anything gritty and there are alot of really ****ty and grid roads around here which would make sense for the high number...i myself have had no probs but almost all my drivivng is done in the city
your dealer can tell you that, but i can tell you, theres more to it then that.
as i said, wrecked and i both have had ours the exact same time, as we ordered them and shipped them in the same box, his went south mines still fine. (2 years later) we both drive our cars equally hard.
another buddy of mine got it, and within 2 months it started squeeling, more noticably after a lap at the autox, this was in summer time with weather already at 30'C (above 90 for the rest of the world ) no sand, no dirt, no grit, just nice dry heat. i replaced it with a gates belt, which is my prefferd brand, and its been 6 months now, no noise

but honestly, its a belt, who really cares, RRM makes the pulley and the pulley is truely a fine piece to add to any RA, (ive installed 10+)
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Yah honestly, I didn't even expect RRM to send me a belt. I was about to buy one the day before my pulley got here, glad I didn't cause sure enough it came with one. It does feel a little dry on the underside, maybe they have been sitting on them for years?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

im just adding what he said im not sure if i believe that...anyway what about glazing from heat just a thought...?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
EvoM Community Team

It's possible. One thing I noticed when I put my pulley on, the grooves had some sort of oil / grease / dressing in them. Perhaps you can ask RRM what that is and maybe it will cure it? Or just buy a new belt. Not like it's hard to change the belt. Though I gotta admit, putting the splash guard back on is such a *****.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

splash gaurds? those were the least of my problems i had a hard time getting my hands in there to do everything lol i usually use our foster kid shes got small hands
Old Sep 14, 2007, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO, i would want rrm to a least send a new belt. if i had my pulley on for a month and it started squeeking i would think they could do that much for me, its not like theyll have to go out of business if they give me a new belt.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fkdrcrs
IMO, i would want rrm to a least send a new belt. if i had my pulley on for a month and it started squeeking i would think they could do that much for me, its not like theyll have to go out of business if they give me a new belt.
+1
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:58 AM
EvoM Community Team

I kinda agree. But RRM can't be responsible for what you may do to your car between installation and the time it squeels. If it worked for 2 months, why did it work for 2 months then all the sudden start squeeling. If anything I would at least hope they would try and help the situation by talking about it. At least give some ideas. They have been nothing but nice / informative as hell. Some of the coolest guys I know in the industry. Either way, at least it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The worst part is having to take that ****ing splash guard off / on again.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wrecked
Had the UDP installed for a few months now, with no problems, up until now. I have a squeek coming from the belt area, which I thought was a bearing noise. After having the dealership look at it with me, we put alittle belt grease on the belt, and what do you know, nice and quiet.
I just thought I would mention this, incase anyone else is having this problem. I am going to send an email or PM to RRM and see if there is anything that they can do for me, seeing as the belt is near new still.
I am sure if it was in a month they would have something to say, but a few months is vague, and it's a wear and tear part that will work regardless of whether or not it squeals. IMO RRM would be better suited to include belt recommendations instead of a belt, just so they don't have to act like every mans auto parts store.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not putting down rrm in any way, it just sounded like they just had nothing to say about it and didnt seem to care but maybe i read it wrong. ive never had a problem with rrm so im not saying their a bad company
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:45 AM
EvoM Community Team

Yah, that is how I read it too, which shocks me. They've all been stand up guys to me.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

you still have to look at the time line, not what they said. Advanced auto parts (who take back anything) would have given you a funny look if you wanted to return a perfectly fine belt because it was squealing three months later. There are so many different factors involved, not to mention the fact that we all expect them to jump for every little issue just because we are part of evom. Just look at the turbo kits, there are all kinds of issues and while RRM will help you on the phone they aren't going to send you new parts just because you have an issue. I'm not saying RRM shouldn't/doesn't deal with the people with problems, I am telling you this is one issue I would laugh at the customer about after I hung up
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

i pmed rock and he said he doesnt have a problem sending me another belt but he said its probably a small pebble or rock thats stuck in the grooves of the pulley...

which i question so i just gave him my adress to send me a new one..

ill keep you guys posted

btw the sound is pissin me off and i feel like my car is a POS now

Quick Reply: Under Drive Pulley Belt Problem