Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Ralliart with Evo engine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart with Evo engine

Since the ralliart dosn't have alot of aftermarket parts i was thinking, why don't you try to put an evo engine in it. It should fit because the evo and ralliart arn't that different when it comes to engine size. what do you people think is it possible and willit be worth it. All I'm trying to do is to beat the Evo in both speed accel and cornering.(It will probably never happen but it doesn't hurt to want)

Last edited by Matt-Jagg; Jun 2, 2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh-oh... I feel the heat coming on!!! You are wearing fire retardant clothes right?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

i dont get it
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by reTro
Uh-oh... I feel the heat coming on!!! You are wearing fire retardant clothes right?
ya I totally don't get what you mean, Fire retardent?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

it won't work. unless you want to spend more than you would to buy the evo itself, it won't work.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
:P lol
the chasis wont hold up other than that it should be fine cause the UK 2.0 lancers use a non turbocharged 4g63, you can build it from there
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
because people will tell you: just get a evo, because the cost for put a evo engine into your RA will cost more to get a evo( you need to modify your front bumper to fit a intercooler and some other modification....) and it still will not run like a evo !!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
Account Disabled

Well ya but I was wondering because I love my Ralliart and want it to be a monster but it was just a thought. And any ways isn't the lancer Ralliart being discontinued. It should be a rare car now I really don't see many in Central Illinois. So what is out ther in mods for the ralliart?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Matt-Jagg
ya I totally don't get what you mean, Fire retardent?
He's talking about you getting flamed because this has been discussed many times before. Plus, all of the EVO guys will tell you to just get an EVO and do it right.

To answer your question, yes the swap will work depending on how deep your pockets go. Is it worth it? No, not really. Personally, I think that over 300 whp on a fwd is a waste. You can just throw a turbo on the 2.4 and keep up with stock EVOs from a roll. They will always get you from a dig. You will have to put a lot of money into suspension and tires to get them in cornering as well. Good luck on it though.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
Account Disabled

Question

Thanx somethimes I need things explaind to me. what about changing it to 4WD it has room for a drive. I'm full of imagination

Last edited by Matt-Jagg; Jun 2, 2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

you better be full of money too.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Matt-Jagg
Thanx somethimes I need things explaind to me. what about changing it to 4WD it has room for a drive. I'm full of imagination
Yeah, that can be done too. Anything is possible if you have enough money. I think you can get an AWD non-turbo Lancer in the UK. I've also heard of people using the Outlander's AWD setup on the RA because it's built on the same platform. I don't know what the outcome was because I wasn't interested enough in it to follow. It's all possible with $$$$$$!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:07 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think it would be cheaper if you went and bought an evo cut the entire body off and the do the same with your ra put the evo body on the ra and the ra body on the evo....(i hope your not taking this literally)......as for the 4wd i think that the outlander and the ra have some comparisions but probably more differences but if you have the money anything is possible .....now for some conversation if you changed the ra to rear wheel drive i would be interested in that ...no wheel hop...there tons of parts to stiffen the rear and no one has one rwd .......right? may be in PR they do what we only dream of here in the states, with the ra....
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

are you like 16?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:36 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are you like in the wrong thread?...yes and how on earth did you get here your car comes with a turbo stock or did you think N/A meant something else?dumb@SS and no i'm not 16 but thanks for the compliment

Quick Reply: Ralliart with Evo engine