Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Cylinder Head project !!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cylinder Head project !!!

Hi there all of you smart and enthusiast people I decided to start working on some special stuff for my car. I bought a 4G69 cylinder head which will arrive this next tuesday. I found a local guy that works doing porting on HONDAS and Mitsus and he is willing to do the porting to my cyl head for 200 that includes (intake and exhaust port enlargement and port match, combustion chamber contouring and valve bowl reshape). I need to take the valves out ( no big deal) I already purchased the viton valve stem seals but can't seem to find the bronze valve guides I know 4G94 and 4G64 seals and guides work but can't seem to find the bronze guides. I will keep you guys updated with the progress I will disassemble the head once it arrives and once it's done will do some ceramic coating in some parts which I will explain more further . Of course I will take photos on the step by step and give you guys prices and websites for them ...

PS any help finding the bronze valve guides will be apreciated

So long the Cylinder head with the Valve cover costed 250.00 shipped I bought it from www.car-parts.com you can find used parts there for cheap in a good working condition. The valve stem seals I bought them here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140041583157
and they costed like 22 shipped for 16 valves.

Last edited by migueralliart; Apr 26, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

UPdate!!! I found the bornze valve guides from a performance machine shop the web site is www.paeco.com. I ordered them for a 2.4 4G64 eclipse engine (it's the same valve guide) costed 8 bucks each times 16 thats a 128 total will post photos of everything once stuff arrive
Old Apr 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Ooo! What will this do exactly in terms of performance migue?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

DO you mean the guides and seals?? if so it will not increase performance but it can withstand severe threatment and much more abuse and heat, that way I can even do a 100 HP NOS (progressive with a traction controller)
The porting and countouring will increase airflow and top end performance
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Migue check your PM!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I did, the thing is RRM edited my last post because I figured out what they were doing ,our cars have three intake cams(lobes) low for 0-3500 rpm mid for 3500+ rpm when not in full throttle and when in full throttle high lobe (mivec screaming). So what they do is modify the medium cam (by means of regrinding it slightly) and regrinding also the high cam , that way the idle of the car stays the same but the valve overlapping increases in the mid to high rpm change. I found a place that can reground our cams for 150.00 they do a lot of VTEC cams and I thrust them I have a spare camshaft and will be doing this mod to it once I finish the porting of the head in this project I expect in the end to spend less than 1100.00 and that's less than RRM charges for only the HEAD and you will need to send them yours back. The price I am estimating will include everything RRM does to their heads + ceramic coating the chambers and valves + the modified cam + Cryogenics in all the head for more strenght.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

So the spare cam you are using right? Cause if you had one lying around, I would take that off your hands and have you regrind it for me. I'll pay all costs!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have one installed and one additional that's coming with the head this next tuesday, that's the one I will send to regrinding if you want I can do the regrinding and send it for you to test it. It will have mild modifications cause I don't want to compromise daily driving ......

It's not that hard to install it I have already done it before ....
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Migue,
When you say you have one installed, do you mean you have a modified Camshaft?

Nice, so are you going to get your camshaft regrinded by the same guys or will you be doing this yourself?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

The one installed is in the daily driven car, the one that will arrive this tuesday will be sent to the regrinding guys .
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!

Originally Posted by migueralliart
The one installed is in the daily driven car
Is this your RA?

Originally Posted by migueralliart
the one that will arrive this tuesday will be sent to the regrinding guys
This cam is from a stock RA? Can I just ask, have you got a modified camshaft in your ralliart? Let me know the costs involved!
Lets say I want to go for an aggressive profile after, will that be possible?

Last edited by MITVRX; Apr 27, 2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Are they regrinding the mid-upper camshaft lobes?

EDIT: Come on MSN!

Last edited by MITVRX; Apr 27, 2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yes my RA , I don't have a modded cam yet , the cam to be sent will be from a bare stock R@ head , the cost of regrinding it will be more or less 150 plus a little shipping , and you can alter it after your first mod if you want, also my msn is not working at work these B@STARDS blocked it but om me and I will be responding really FAST!!!
yep they are regrinding only the mid and upper lobes cause the low is left untouched for idle reasons
Old Apr 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

I searched about NOS in our engines and I found they can stand a 125 shot...obviously it's hard to send this kind of power at 1ist gear...but u know the engine is able to stand this kind of power.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Send 125 shot in first gear, imagine that

Where did you find this Blitzy?

Quick Reply: Cylinder Head project !!!