Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RPW - Camshaft & Cam Gear & Retune!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, took the car for a spin, and the clutch is fine.

It's the tires. The tires are nearing bold and I've been awaiting these damn 5zigen rims to hurry up so I can purchase the tires! Then you'll notice no spillage at all.

Usually with new tires, in second it would bite the ground and rocket off. I would also say with the new power, the car can still do that, just not as bad. It was taken in the rain, so of course the spinning explains itself
Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

the stock pressure plate doesnt hold to much pressure, When I changed my clutch, the disc had very little wear. That new found power is enough to show the limit of the pressure plate, which is pretty low. When I was making only 170+, I took two races for the clutch to calll it a night

Either that or the tires, stockers also suck

Peep my new vid VRX, is old too, but it's the one I was describing before
Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

My stock tires I'll admit were pretty darn good! Advan Yokohamas!

The new found power on this car is just too darn good!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I dont mean to go off topic. If I am, let me know, but from what I understand, this is a stage II cam from RPW? You said the lower lobes have not been modified? Then why wouldnt this cam working in an automatic w/stall convertor?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewbad
I dont mean to go off topic. If I am, let me know
- I don't know how to answer that one

Originally Posted by drewbad
but from what I understand, this is a stage II cam from RPW? You said the lower lobes have not been modified? Then why wouldnt this cam working in an automatic w/stall convertor?
Yes it is.

Well it will work, but from my understanding, I think Dave mentioned it would be too aggressive for an automatic transmission and I think he did mentioned something about stalling. Look back earlier in the thread, he may have mentioned something or goto the website. Not sure

Any takers to explain?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

bump for me so i remember to come back to your vid, coz im at skool atm and they blockered the youtubeizl
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone interested in a group buy for RPW cams, go here
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

It is interesting that some have said that there clutches have near on failed with around 170hp atw when mine has a little more hp now and there is no real sign of slippage or wear... I am just wondering if the specs for the JDM cars are slightly different than the USDM cars...

Mitvrx I am glad to see that you are still enjoying the car hows the rain going over your way hope you were not affected too badly

For those that don't know the East coast of Australia recieved a massive amount of rain and storms over the weekend they are estimating that the cost for repairs due to rain and flooding damages has exceeded the billions of dollars and will take several years for the clean up to be completed it is the biggest storm to hit Australia since recorded history for Australia
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

all happened in sydney/newcastle area and QLD, havent had n e in VIC, both fortunate and unfortunate.

but back OT,
i think i may not go thru with the turbs setup, and just peak it out with NA, so i can easier bolt it off when i change cars
headers should see pretty close to original value i reckon, 60-80%?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

most likely.

Christine: Who is saying the clutch is failing at 170ATW? I have now over 150ATW on an eddy current dyno, which is more than 170 on an inertia dyno, and have no problems at all with my clutch. I don't think I recall anyone with a reasonable amount of miles on the car NA that is having problems either. The turbo guys, all well over 200WHP, are the ones complaining. but that's what you get right?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I think with the turbo guys, you are all having some sort of clutch issues. And Dan's right, thats what you get rofl.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea im getting clutch slippage. I cant tell first gear weather its wheelspin or my clutch begging for mercy, but in 2nd gear its the clutch slipping around 4-5grand... peak tourque

and wow sorry to hear bout the tragedy in autrailia. Hope everything is ok with all the aussie ralliarts out there.

sorry i cant type, im "working" and doing this at the sametime. hehe
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Gosh I hate it when I read something on another thread/topic and then can't find it... someone had said that they have about 170hp at the wheels and has clutch slippage or worn out clutch... hence my comment but... a slipping clutch is not nessicarily related to hp it could be due to the way a person drives a car and how they use the clutch I am sure...

But it would be interesting to see how much power the stock clutches can hold with just normal driving - I have not raced my car in several months due to work and family commitments and my car is more of a daily driven car with the odd traffic light hero stuff I think now my car has in excess of 245hp at the wheels as it has had several refreshed tunes and more timing added etc and the clutch is holding just fine after 25kklm mind you I don't think the clutch would last too long if I raced it constantly and may not hold a 3000rpm launch

just a curious thought
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Lately, I've noticed low-mid top end torque is really great, but I'm not sure whether the top end cuts it for me. Maybe its just my imagination, but I'm pretty sure.

I'd rather prefer torque throughout the entire band, but if not, in particular the mid-top end.

Taking the car to haltech to test the curve and see if there are any major drops. If there is a noticable drop in top end, I'm taking her back to get the torque she deserves in the upper rev-limit.

Godspeed.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

it certainly won't do any harm after a couple of thousand klm has been put on the car to get it all rechecked out again as this would of given the engine time to wear in the new cam etc...

Quick Reply: RPW - Camshaft & Cam Gear & Retune!