Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Fujita Intake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't even give it 2-3, .5 to 1.5 maybe. the difference is already there, a .25" difference in ID will not net you anything, the pipes are all bigger than our car will ever be able to outflow NA(well maybe not you Orlando )
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

.1 is enough for me. that .25 difference will come into play when I do my intake manifold. I dont want to find it gasping for air. Is just part of an elaborate plan.

BTW that hiss you hear is just that, needs more air.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

i have an Injen CAI and it's metal is soft.. mine got scratched easily. one side is slowly being eaten away...
Old Jun 13, 2007, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KreepaEvoX
.1 is enough for me. that .25 difference will come into play when I do my intake manifold. I dont want to find it gasping for air. Is just part of an elaborate plan.

BTW that hiss you hear is just that, needs more air.
the hiss you hear is air moving past the filter THE MOST RESTRICTIVE PART of an intake. come on man, don't try so hard to prove something like this. there is no flow difference with a NA engine when you get over X.XX pipe diameter. That's common sense. If you could pull any amount of air through it then yes, of course there is a difference. That's why I am using 3" for my turbo intake system.

i have an Injen CAI and it's metal is soft.. mine got scratched easily. one side is slowly being eaten away...
the soft metal you speak of is aluminum, and while there are many grades that are softer than what your intake is constructed of it's still a soft metal.

HEY, he's got an injen intake that is apparently rubbing against something, how's that for race proven

I know, most of them do, now I'm just poking at you kreepa.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, I know. I didnt take the battery shield off and the engine's movement ate it a bit too. Corrected the intake position a little and it did it a lot less... Filled my front mount and the problems was gone.

About the intake thing, Im not pro any intake specifically. They all have their differences, Im just pointing out mine's.

P.S. My car hisses with or without filter, with or without the breather hose attached.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

you run with no filter at the track?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 01:51 PM

Well i have a fujita CAI and the reason i went with that over Injen is 2 fold.

1. My dealership waranties it when bought and installed through them
2. The dealership had said that they have had several people return with oxygen sensor problems from the injen, whereas they havent had any yet with the fujita. They used to warranty injen and it just so happens one of my co workers was one of the guys whos O2 sensor got messed from the injen.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by loyaleddie87
Well i have a fujita CAI and the reason i went with that over Injen is 2 fold.

1. My dealership waranties it when bought and installed through them
2. The dealership had said that they have had several people return with oxygen sensor problems from the injen, whereas they havent had any yet with the fujita. They used to warranty injen and it just so happens one of my co workers was one of the guys whos O2 sensor got messed from the injen.
#1 is a dealer scam, unless Canada's car warranty laws are different.
#2 makes absolutely no sense. O2 sensors are in the exhaust, and all they do is read oxygen levels. I don't see how it's possible for an intake to mess up an O2 sensor.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
#2 makes absolutely no sense. O2 sensors are in the exhaust, and all they do is read oxygen levels. I don't see how it's possible for an intake to mess up an O2 sensor.
I agree with both with otter
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

^+1 srsly I have a RRM CAI and the thing is amazing..there's more power up top and if you get an UDP you will will have more power downlow to get the r/a moving...I say if you dont get ALOT of rain often go with RRM you cant beat the price.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by otter
I highly doubt it, i was told about the o2 sensor and the injen intake from the dealership before i had found out my co worker had it happen to him. The dealership had said several people had come back to have there o2 sensor fixed and all of them had previously installed the injen intake. I thought it sounded like a sales pitch until my co worker had said he was one of the guys who it happened to. they had replaced his o2 sensor twice before he finally had the intake removed himself because the he was fed up with it.

and about #1... its not a scam the dealership itself warranties it when purchased and installed through them, not mitsubishi or any affiliate. If they didnt warranty it how do you explain my co worker having his o2 sensor fixed twice and them saying they would replace the injen intake the second time for him at no cost because its the cause of the o2 problem. he turned it down as he was in the process of a trade in for a truck. thats why my dealership doesnt sell injen intakes any more and have switched to fujita.

belive me i thought it was a sales pitch until i heard my co worker tell me his story without having told him about what the dealership had said to me.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

The only explanation I may have is that the car leans up because its getting more air but even thou leaning up the car wont damage the O2 .....
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:09 AM

go for aem if at all buget allows!