Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Fuel Injectors For An 06 Ra

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Injectors For An 06 Ra

Can anybody help me out and tell me wether I can find a set of 550 injectors for my 06 ra . Or is there another set up since im going turbo on my car.All your help will be much appreciated thanks guys. Hope to see your comments.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

It depends on how much boost you're going to be running from your turbo. Most RA can't run high boost since the block isn't designed for high pressure. I wouldn't buy injectors until your tuner thinks you're running super lean. Stock evo's I think run 550cc injectors. Don't think your block can run up to 20psi unless you replace you pistons with forged once and reinforce the block.

Last edited by whoang40; Jul 24, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 04:20 PM

If im going to run at 7psi-to 10psi I can use the stock injectors I have right now?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

7-9PSI should be fine. Reports say owners in Puerto Rico have ran 12-14PSI on stock internals.

IF you're looking for custom injectors go to RC engineering. Also WRX (450cc???)blue tops fit the rails without modification supposedly. I'm having trouble finding those though.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by k3lv
7-9PSI should be fine. Reports say owners in Puerto Rico have ran 12-14PSI on stock internals.

IF you're looking for custom injectors go to RC engineering. Also WRX (450cc???)blue tops fit the rails without modification supposedly. I'm having trouble finding those though.
I'm far from an expert, but am going to have to disagree here. Running 7-9 psi on stock internals is fine, I'm still guessing those injectors were still upgraded. From what I have read, and what I am starting to understand about fuel distribution, you would almost certainly want to upgrade your injectors to the wrx blue tops which flow 440 (IIRC) or something similar. They can easily be found on car-part.com. RPW suggests that their stage 1 kit can still run with stock injectors at 5 psi. I think that's about as far as you'd want to push it (and I think that's *really* pushing it) with your stock injectors and with how cheap the blue tops are there really isn't a good reason not to upgrade. Check out the cylinder head project thread. there's lots of good info on injectors, what ours are capable of, and options to consider.

cheers man!
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

I must of been confused. However I am still assuming that the stock injectors would be working in conjunction with a 5th injector. Or else, oversized injectors as boozeup&riot has suggested is the way to go.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:34 PM

hey guys thanks for clearing the air a little for me. I will look more into the blue wrx injectors. I just got a evo front mount, a blitz bov, and a xs power t3-t4 turbo today. Any suggestions on what I need next. I know this will be a long and maybe expensive project for me to go turbo but it might well be worth it. Keep up the good work fellows. And hoping to hear from you soon.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Fuel management for sure... you'll also need all the custom piping manifold
Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

i have a set of blue WRX injectors i was going to use,
they fit the same with only a lil adjustment to the fuel rail

but recommendation is, get an upgraded fuel rail, EVO 8 fits fine, u can find good OBX ones on ebay(search)

also RPW has a bored out fuel line kit thing u may want to look into

a good piggy u will need, RRM use a split second one, RPW use haltech
but there are plenty of others,
(i had to postpone my build coz all this confused me)
Old Jul 25, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stEVOx
i have a set of blue WRX injectors i was going to use,
they fit the same with only a lil adjustment to the fuel rail

but recommendation is, get an upgraded fuel rail, EVO 8 fits fine, u can find good OBX ones on ebay(search)

also RPW has a bored out fuel line kit thing u may want to look into

a good piggy u will need, RRM use a split second one, RPW use haltech
but there are plenty of others,
(i had to postpone my build coz all this confused me)
People are correct here, fuel/ecu management would be a very important step. To clarify, although possible to use RRM's piggy for F/I, it's not suggested. They use a slightly different piggy for their turbo kit. The haltech interceptor may be a little better application for you, but it also is not what RPW would recommend for F/I. I've heard that RRM will sell their turbo piggy, but it's spendy. RPW would suggest you purchase the haltech e6 or e8 IIRC. The most affordable option available that anyone here has found has been the perfect power smt-6. It can be found on ebay somewhat often, for around $275.00. This is the same unit RIPP uses for their supercharger kit. Dan purchased one of these on ebay though and it was defective. I may just pay the full price for a retail unit from perfect power, or find a US distributor so I don't get gouged in customs and shipping.

Another alternative here would be to go standalone, and besides the e6 or e8 from haltech (I believe they are standalone anyway) I know absolutely nothing about which standalone you may want to consider and why.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 07:38 AM

I think evo 8 fuel injectors are 560cc. Will does fit directly to my 06 RA with out modifying anything? Or will replacing the fuel rail from an evo 8 be enough ? Thanks guys
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Replacing the fuel rail without doing anything to the injectors won't do anything for you. Also, for those of you putting in Evo fuel rails, are you converting to a return system, or just capping off the end of the rail?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What does upgrading to an Evo fuel rail and injectors do for a stock NA RA with I,H&E?

Last edited by gjgfrombigd; Jul 25, 2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by javis06ralliart
I think evo 8 fuel injectors are 560cc. Will does fit directly to my 06 RA with out modifying anything? Or will replacing the fuel rail from an evo 8 be enough ? Thanks guys

IIRC evo injectors WILL NOT work with our cars, something about low vs high impedance.

gjgfrombigd, to answer your question, absolutely nothing. I personally believe that even with some sort of tuning hardware/software you would gain no benefit at all by upgrading your fuel rail and injectors. Your car should be just fine with your stock injectors, I would consider ECU/engine management your next upgrade, at which point if you decide you're going to go all out with cams, porting your head and IM, you may want to consider upgrading the injectors.

Otter, my understanding is that people are just capping off the return. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here, I cannot confirm this info personally.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

gig, the way to maximize a gain from this items is to have serious head work, intake mani, blocked EGR (for hotter in cilinder temps), orNitrous 75 shot plus...and for NOS is only for safety

a good thing to do also is to upgrade the fuel pump if you run bigger injectors and fuel rail

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors For An 06 Ra