Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Map Ecu2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man
Hi, have you had a chance to measure the resistances?

The reason I ask is that the MAP-ECU2 MAF output stage may XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX overcome the pull up resisitor and therefore work as is. If not, we were thinking of building a prototype interface for you with an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX like the MAF.

X's are words removed.

looks like this unit may end up working out after all. If it weren't for the holiday I would have already been out there. first thing tomorrow
Old Nov 23, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

getting closer, I just sent them the resistances they asked for from the ECU. maybe in the next week or so this will be all figured out. apparently there is a 1k ohm pull up resistor in the OEM ECU, and that puts us one step closer to seeing what I need to make it work.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

so any news here????
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

yes, but I'm busy at work. I'll post a little later.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

ok, so far we have figured out the range and that I will have 4096 cells in the map. We "will" be able to eliminate the MAF sensor. I've been wearing out my multimeter, and the ECU wires are getting brittle but it's all coming together nicely. nothings certain though, hence the quotation marks.

so many proprietary things out there I know TWO secrets now, one related to this and one to another part on the car, that I am not allowed to disclose gotta keep plugging along though, or no one will get it done at least if I figure it out the rest of you won't have to, you'll just call them and tell them what kind of car you have
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

call who?

so the Map Ecu 2 works?, it control timing and Fuel?

did you try the RIPP BLACK BOX??
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

no, I have not. call performance motor research is who I meant. they have not finished developing the part to make it work with our car, it won't be too much longer though. after they send it to me and I get it tested I am sure they wouldn't mind selling more units
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

well lets hope that you get this thing quick so that we all can be able to have more performance options. We will be able to use this with a turbo kit correct? and the map ecu2 will already come with turbo maps for our car correct??
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

not unless someone sends them to pmr, they don't have an RA. the only reason they know what one is (I would guess anyway) is that I contacted them. right now my plans for turbo are on hold, I am looking to possibly even dump the RA on some unsuspecting dealership

yeah, this unit is designed to be universal. check out their website: mapecu.com. all kinds of customizing is available. they will even rescale the existing pressure maps in case your expected range is different from what is programmed in it already. the tech support is outstanding; they have an online forum and the techs go there at least once a day to post in threads.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mapecu man
We have sorted the learn mode interface and are building the final prototype for you to test. It will be a real prototype so will not be as pretty as a production unit but hopefully it will work and prove the theory.
how do you like them apples shipping from overseas somewhere though, I think NZ. It looks like I will be the first to eliminate the MAF sensor on the RA!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

It arrived today. I will post pics once it actually gets to my house. It's at my grandparents (had it shipped there because they are retired and therefore home during the day) and they are going to brind it over after they go out to eat. I'm stoked, will install Friday (if I can wait that long) and let everyone know how it goes. If all goes well then the MAP ECU2 will be a viable option for the RA; with MAF elimination and timing control
Old Dec 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

yay dannyboy!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

pics as promised

This is the exciting one dual throttle bodies anyone
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, I've omitted the parts that would give away the split second mans help. I'm sorry, but with all the legwork, emailing, research, measuring, etc I'm not trying to step on anyones toes. at least there is another option out there for us now. I will update when testing is complete and I am tuning the fuel.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

That is great. I've been following this in both forums and i just can't wait for this to work and order one. Great job Dan. Kudos for the great effort.

Quick Reply: Map Ecu2