Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Ported throttle body discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009 | 10:18 AM

I'll be able to get a dyno when I'll go tune my piggy.
Old Feb 12, 2009 | 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Wake, when you get it installed and tuned, would it be possible for us to meet and you give me a quick run? I'd like to hear what they mean by the car being louder. This is the only thing scaring me right now. Also let me know what shop you plan on going for the tuning...I think only ones with a Dyno around is CAMO
Old Feb 13, 2009 | 06:05 PM

no problem....I'll give you a ride!!!! this sound strange a bit!
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

great, can't wait til you give me a ride in your car... yeah it does sound ackward and pretty gay now when you read it quickly
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

HAHAHA funny ! Let's add the famous song "Love is in the air" and we have something here !

Crazy frogs
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Name:  gay_alarm1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  12.0 KB

Ported throttle body discussion-gay_thread.jpg

man i just realized i have alot of funny "forum pics" i can post up to make fun of ppl.... this is gonna be a fun week.

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Feb 16, 2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

going back on the topic, so if i understand right, the "in" portion of the V6 Tb is bigger but the "out" portion is the same size as our RA so the gasket is the saem as ours and we will need a different fitting to connect to our CAI or SRI to accomodate the bigger "in" of the TB
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 09:59 AM

The intlet of the stock RA TB is 65mm but the outlet is 60mm...with the GT V6 TB, you have a 65mm intlet and 65mm outlet. You don't need a new fiting to put your CAI. I think!
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

so this means you need to either use the V6 TB gasket or modify a stock RA gasket to have a 65mm opening otherwise you will loosing that 5mm gain with the gasket blocking the hole.
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

ok ok... enough richard simmons commments... now for the real question....

you said the car started to run like **** about 6 months after the install. but you said maybe it was due to the -30* celcius weather.

my question... did you fix the problem? was it weather or something mechanical? is this mod reliable in the long term so far?
Old Feb 17, 2009 | 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by snakoil
so this means you need to either use the V6 TB gasket or modify a stock RA gasket to have a 65mm opening otherwise you will loosing that 5mm gain with the gasket blocking the hole.
it should just be the same gasket as in the 4g. so no need for a new tb gasket
Old Feb 17, 2009 | 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

ok, on top of the questions i asked above, i have one more two more. let me just make a list.

1. You said the car ran like crap after 6 months and you think its cuz of the cold weather (30* celcius) Have you fixed this idle problem? is it just the cold weather or something else? how is everything running now.

2. Is this mod reliable, even after 6 months?

3. I know you used an eclipse 3.8 liter throttle body and an eclipse TPS. but the 3.8 liter eclipse and galant is the same motor. Do you think its possible to use the GALANT throttle body, and eclipse TPS??? I can find a local galant motor around here somehere for cheap, so if i can use that throttle body that'll be awesome.

thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2009 | 02:04 PM

on #3, you may want to get vin numbers on the V6 eclipse ang galant, give the dealership a call, and ask if the tbs are the same. im guessing they are the same tb
Old Feb 17, 2009 | 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wake
The intlet of the stock RA TB is 65mm but the outlet is 60mm...with the GT V6 TB, you have a 65mm intlet and 65mm outlet. You don't need a new fiting to put your CAI. I think!
Stock is 60mm on both inlet and outlet, Eclipse V6 is 65mm both inlet and outlet. CAI connects fine on the bigger throttle body.

Originally Posted by snakoil
Stock gasket on the RA has an opening of 67mm same as the opening of the intake manifold.

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
ok, on top of the questions i asked above, i have one more two more. let me just make a list.

1. You said the car ran like crap after 6 months and you think its cuz of the cold weather (30* celcius) Have you fixed this idle problem? is it just the cold weather or something else? how is everything running now.

2. Is this mod reliable, even after 6 months?

3. I know you used an eclipse 3.8 liter throttle body and an eclipse TPS. but the 3.8 liter eclipse and galant is the same motor. Do you think its possible to use the GALANT throttle body, and eclipse TPS??? I can find a local galant motor around here somehere for cheap, so if i can use that throttle body that'll be awesome.

thanks.
1. Just got the o2 sensors today so I will try installing them this weekend.

2. Just as reliable so far as any other mod

3. You've obviously researched this more then I did so you'd be better at answering that question then I would. Is the Galant TB a drive by wire system? If yes and its the same motor as the 4th Gen Eclipse V6 then chances are it will work, if its not drive by wire then no it won't work.
Old Mar 2, 2009 | 01:28 PM

I've got my TB today...everything is the same as the RA's TB...except the outlet!!!

Quick Reply: Ported throttle body discussion