Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

ITB's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITB's

So... i am seriously thinking about building a serious NA screamer package out of my 2.4L Mivec.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have ever seen/own an Individual Throttle Body setup on a RA before?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am building a set myself. I am going to run ITB's on my race engine that i am going to build.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

the most I have heard about being tried was a dual throttle manifold (PR obviously) and I think it was fairly early in development when they gave up due to the obvious restrictions the ECU presents.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

I think that it was PRMivec that tried to adapt a set of HAyabusa quads but the electronic throttle's motor was not being able to fully open them, quite ambitious....would pay to hear a g69 screaming with quads...hearing just how goood it sounds with a ported mani
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart
I am building a set myself. I am going to run ITB's on my race engine that i am going to build.
Please keep me updated! very inteerested!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

just a thought:

the problem was not enough power(thanks kreepa) on the OEM motor, but couldn't you just use that motor to control another TPS(yeah, get's a little hairy there) and use that TPS to control four individual throttles? you'd merely have to split off the signal line(since the ECU still sees the factory TPS) for each of the throttles

the main problem was the MAF sensor though, was it not? even if you can trick the ECU into thinking it's operating the correct throttle you still have no way of telling it how much air it's using

going one step further, this is almost 100% hardware if you go standalone
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
just a thought:

the problem was not enough power(thanks kreepa) on the OEM motor, but couldn't you just use that motor to control another TPS(yeah, get's a little hairy there) and use that TPS to control four individual throttles? you'd merely have to split off the signal line(since the ECU still sees the factory TPS) for each of the throttles

the main problem was the MAF sensor though, was it not? even if you can trick the ECU into thinking it's operating the correct throttle you still have no way of telling it how much air it's using

going one step further, this is almost 100% hardware if you go standalone
You are correct, you have to be on a standalone system inorder for this to work. I've built ITB set ups for Small block chevy V8's and even fords. Required alot of percise machine work and craftsmanship. The adjustment is the biggest a-hole. But i am sure i can get it to work on this car. I know a few different ways of doing it.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

i tried to do them w/ hayabusa (gsx1300) quads.. did the manifold and the full setup but when it came to the electronics (map,tps,maf,iat ect...)
long story short i gave up on it....

if i only had a full standalone at the time i would have made it...

i did it by making a simple base to put in the quads and longer throttle shafts to compensate the wider separation from the gsx intake to the mitsu's
i had to make a smooth transition from the "O" shape that is the quad to the almost "oval" port of the mitsu (i know oval isnt accurate but understand the context)
i also made a base/braket for the electric motor that would had opened the quads, and it work perfect.

i could make it again with the materials.....
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart
The adjustment is the biggest a-hole.

correct

the beauty of the 'busa's quads that all 4 have individual adjustment built to it and the last of the series has the tps plate so only 1 tps could be use making adjustment/tunning a breeze

that was the reason i took my chances on this set rather than to buy individuals and make a link shaft altogether

i took some pointers from a friend of mine that did this similar but on a V6 mazda 323 (conversion... a pr speciality)
here is a video of his finished works (leito will kill me for showing this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWzCAkaaSX4
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

****ing crazy *** 'ricans
Old Jul 10, 2008, 05:28 AM

ITB are very flexible but you MUST have a standalone to really use all the potential. My2 cents.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

this thread is useless without you doing all for me
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

seeing as the b series header is very close i would think u may just be able to cut and weld the flange in a ITB for them and weld the 4g69 flange on there and maby have to fab a bit but deff not as bad. maby save time proly not money but still have to tackle the Stand alone ether way.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

bumping an old thread. Anyone know is this doable now? We have a reflash all sorts of new tech out there. It would be insane!!