Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RPW Camshaft

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPW Camshaft

I want to get stage 3 but no one here I think has done a review on it and not sure if I'll settle with a stage 2 to avoid a lumpy idle. I got a haltech waiting to be installed now I just need to buy the cam.

Has anyone intalled the stage 3 cam from RPW and ran it?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Avoid it. Haltech isn't capable of managing that over a period of time. Not even sure it can manage stage 2 correctly. You need to find out what the specs are on the stage 2 cam.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:55 PM

The guys over at rpw use haltech, is it possible to tune with the piggyback using the manifold pressure and of course the cam gear. If so I'll sell my haltech
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Piggybacks and our ECUs just don't work in harmony over period of time.

I run a reflashed ECU a custom camshaft...way cheaper than Haltech and RPW camshaft. My torque and HP bands are smooth as heck.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:57 PM

well if I do a reflash where and how much are those because I'll sell my haltech and do that. But besides the fact I was hoping for a review on the stage 3 cam, not sure if I just get it and do a review myself. I'll email rpw and see what info I get.

Okay what if I use the feature on the zietronix where you set it to an A/R and stays there all the time to avoid it from going lean, I used it before and it does a pretty good job.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

PM Hackish if you want a reflash.

If your RA is your DD are you sure you want a stage 3 cam? That is going to create an awful lot of driveability issues, especially with no proper ECU management software. It's doubtful that the base reflash tune can support that(it will support your current RRM cam), and the custom software for reflashing RA's with custom maps is not available yet to the public. From your signature, you already have a performance cam, you're better off spending your money to replace the OBX header with a properly designed header from RPW.

Last edited by Ralliartize It; Mar 29, 2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:08 AM

True I just need to check if it is lumpy or not or I'll just get the stage 2, either way I'm getting one of them and later along the ling I'll get high compression pistons. RPW has a review on the stage 2 and the idle is fine but figured the stage 3 would just be alittle bit more.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

My custom cam is has some lumpiness to it. My motor sounds more like truck motor now.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:14 AM

I'll send them an email and see what I can find out about the two cams. Do you know places that dyno tune and reflash evos, are they capable of reflashing an 04 ralliart?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
My custom cam is has some lumpiness to it. My motor sounds more like truck motor now.
Making me jealous I'm picking up my competition head tomorrow Then it's time to do that engine work ...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartPro
I'll send them an email and see what I can find out about the two cams. Do you know places that dyno tune and reflash evos, are they capable of reflashing an 04 ralliart?

ECUFlash is incapable of flashing the Ralliart ECUs. The only person worldwide that I know who has cracked the RA ECU is Hackish. PM him or OttRalliart05 on how to acquire the reflash.

It's doubtful the RPW would release the specs on their cams, but if they do that would be awesome.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:02 PM

RPW connected the haltech, maybe they can give me some tips on connecting it seems like the only option I got. I know a guy that has connected haltech to his rx7, should be similar meaning connecting the aux inputs to the map sensor and throttle(I think). Maybe not as good as a reflash but it can work.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

The main thing is that the stock ECU is going to fight the Haltech settings. out ECU is far more sophisticated than an FD ecu.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:16 PM

how many degrees did you advance for your cam? maybe i can advance what is needed and setup my car to run a tad richer than what it normally runs with zietronix and run it like that in the mean time.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

I did not advance my cam timing. SOHC cam timing adjustment just isn't as useful as DOHC.

Quick Reply: RPW Camshaft