Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

REVIEW: SDK Motorsports Ported and Polished Intake Manifold (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how crushed any section is supposed to be, I knew some one had said it looked a little beat up but served it's purpose, unfortunately this one was definitely damaged at some point though haha.

The car is definitely louder on start up, once it levels out to normal idle the low rpms or idle definitely have a lower, warmer, slightly louder sounding exhaust tone. Once it opens up past 3500 it roars more. Unfortunately, with the IM/H/DP/no cat my stock muffler (and the rest of the exhaust) needs to be replaced soon, need to get rid of the rasp.

Last edited by nerdbotSKRA; May 31, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by nerdbotSKRA
I'm not sure how crushed any section is supposed to be, I knew some one had said it looked a little beat up but served it's purpose, unfortunately this one was definitely damaged at some point though haha.

The car is definitely louder on start up, once it levels out to normal idle the low rpms or idle definitely have a lower, warmer, slightly louder sounding exhaust tone. Once it opens up past 3500 it roars more. Unfortunately, with the IM/H/DP/no cat my stock muffler (and the rest of the exhaust) needs to be replaced soon, need to get rid of the rasp.
I suggest the RRM hi-flow cat. If you're going to replace the muffler, i'd also talk to RRM about getting the muffler that comes in their cat-back for the Ralliart (it was $85 for the non-polished one). I got those two, along with a Hushpower II resonater, and it sounds fantastic from the outside as well as free'd up about 15 whp.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:04 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the rrm axleback exhaust , 22" magnaflow resonator, no cats, rrm downpipe, and an exhaust cut-out is coming soon. The resonator will help with the rasp and deepen the tone . Keep us posted
Old May 31, 2011, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTaker
I suggest the RRM hi-flow cat. If you're going to replace the muffler, i'd also talk to RRM about getting the muffler that comes in their cat-back for the Ralliart (it was $85 for the non-polished one). I got those two, along with a Hushpower II resonater, and it sounds fantastic from the outside as well as free'd up about 15 whp.

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I have the rrm axleback exhaust , 22" magnaflow resonator, no cats, rrm downpipe, and an exhaust cut-out is coming soon. The resonator will help with the rasp and deepen the tone . Keep us posted
I appreciate the suggestions, can any of you guys supply any sample clips of your exhaust? I'll have to have a cat welded in. The noise laws started being enforced last summer, if I could do an exhaust cut out, that would be sweet haha.

I've heard the 02-03 lancer oz rally 2.25" magnaflow (15805) sounds good on our cars, I think someone here has this installed on theirs, here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6SuoN6m49Y

I really like the sound of that (either crank it, or put some good head phones on lol) so if anyone knows what will produce similar results?

I'm not sure if a 2.25" or a 2.5" will be suitable, I'm hoping to install the cam when the right time comes about, but I'll be doing a timing belt kit and new cam seal with it (more $$$)