Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Spare parts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check the part numbers and cross reference in CAPS.

From a check on Rock Auto they look different but I would only take CAPS as gospel.

Last edited by 2006_RA; Sep 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i'm at work right now, i can't check CAPS or ASA...
Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I need them to
Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gundum
Yes I need them to
are you having the same problem with availability?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Dont quote me on this, cause I was wrong once before. But after looking through the lancer service manual it looks like the only difference in drive shafts is dependent upon the hub on the car. From what I can gather in the manual Lancers with the four lug hub have a different drive axel because it has no center bearing. Lancers with the five lug hub have to have a center bearing. So Im not familiar with the other trims of the lancer other than the Ralliart so it looks like as long as the hub has five lugs then the axel should be interchangeable between models. Again dont quote me, or take what I said as fact. Just sharing what I understood the service manual to say. I'd still like to see someone check ASA to double verify.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

what do you mean center bearing? the inner shaft with the bracket that bolts to the block? my thought was that maybe the only difference was between abs equipped, and non-abs...but i think you're right, the 4G94 lancers don't have that, which is interesting because since the 4G69 block is almost identical to the 4G63, it's possible our front axles are the same as the Evo...but the spline count is the same, so the front driver side would likely be the same for all models...I'm going to continue researching this...

I don't have CAPS, but ASA specifies different part numbers for both sides for all trims and models, i even checked for the Evo...so i'm at a loss again...maybe there are differences in shaft diameter, i have no idea...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Sep 7, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

I took screenshots of the service manual so it can be dissected.

Screenshot 1 - Hubs

Screenshot 2 - Drive shafts

It looks like the left driveshaft would be the same for either model but the right shafts are obviously different. Parts 11 are listed as driveshafts then part 12 is listed as Driveshaft and Inner shaft assembly.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Cranswick, I take it that you need the driver's side axle ?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
I took screenshots of the service manual so it can be dissected...It looks like the left driveshaft would be the same for either model but the right shafts are obviously different. Parts 11 are listed as driveshafts then part 12 is listed as Driveshaft and Inner shaft assembly.
is that Ubuntu...looks like an older release..

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Cranswick, I take it that you need the driver's side axle ?
Sorry George, i missed your reply...i might need both...i'm going to replace one thing at a time until my drivetrain noise is gone...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Sep 10, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK

Sorry George, i missed your reply...i might need both...i'm going to replace one thing at a time until my drivetrain noise is gone...

No problem, I figured since I was seeing mostly passenger side axles that you would need a driver's side because that's just luck sometimes.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

i was looking for driver side availability yes, because autopartsway.ca and several other canadian warehouses only carry the passenger side, and i'm not paying $180 per axle at partsource or napa...
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
LOL yup! I have it on an old PC at home. I wanted to play around with it once and found that I actually like it more than windows on some computers.

Anyway it looks as if the driver side axle is the same no matter what. The longer passenger side seems to be the one with multiple options. According the the service manual anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
LOL yup! I have it on an old PC at home. I wanted to play around with it once and found that I actually like it more than windows on some computers.

Anyway it looks as if the driver side axle is the same no matter what. The longer passenger side seems to be the one with multiple options. According the the service manual anyway.
I dual boot Ubuntu and windows 7, i only have windows so i can play the latest and greatest video games, otherwise i use Linux, i switch to Ubuntu because of its recent popularity, it has become quite user friendly, so the wife and kids can operate it with some success A friend of mine recommended Mandriva for dummy proof operation, but i haven't tried it yet...

back on topic:

In ASA and CAPS the driver side is also different between 4G94 and 4G69, according to the part numbers, and of course they would be different for ABS vs. non-ABS equipped vehicles...but it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that as long as it had the ABS spline it they would be good to go on the driver side, but i can't spend $100 on an axle i don't know for sure fits...autopartsway.ca carries the passenger side minus the bracket, center bearing and inner shaft...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
may be a slight waste of time but if it was me i'd just explain to them the concern of will it fit or not, then order it see if it fits...if it doesnt then just return it and reinstall the old one...
u said u have 2 cars...have one down while the other drives u around for a weekend...

(provided it's returnable...i know some places if they have to order it, it's not returnable)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

that's the issue...i'm down to one car right now already...i asked them if the would take it back, and they said no.

Quick Reply: Spare parts