Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Fried ecu... help?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys, been attempting to track this down and I think I know what could be wrong. Does the Ralliart have a "MFI/MPI Relay" Like the evo and other cars in the mitsu lineup? If so where is it located? I think that a diode or the relay itself could be malfunctioning and that is causing my power related problems. It seems that the P0606 is not just for Ecu malfunction, it also indicates a throttle control malfunction. I need to get this wagon up and running by tomorrow. Thanks for the support so far!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:06 AM

Bah... If the MFI relay is located in the fuse box in the engine bay then that relay seams to be working fine. I even swaped the A/C relay with the MFI relay to see if the problem would go away but the car wont start. The ecu does not recive power and you cant hear the throttle actuating. What powers the MFI relay?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:10 AM

Ok further reading in http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...hi-lancer-4g69 indicates that the MFI relay is turned on by the ecu. So what Relay powers the Ecu? Does it get power directly from ign by a fused line or is there an actual relay that powers the ecu function? If only I had a wiring diagram.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:13 PM

Using the ECU pin out I manage to power up the Ecu threw one of the main power supply wires and she started up! Now I know that the ecu is ok and there must be a power supply issue somewhere in the system. Any one know where is the fuse for the ecu?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -john-
Using the ECU pin out I manage to power up the Ecu threw one of the main power supply wires and she started up! Now I know that the ecu is ok and there must be a power supply issue somewhere in the system. Any one know where is the fuse for the ecu?
Told you so.... Sorry I can't help you more...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dacib
Told you so.... Sorry I can't help you more...
I Just checked all the fuses, engine bay compartment and drivers foot well and all the fuses check out fine! I will just make a new circuit for the ecu and call it a day.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

reviving an oldish topic... but what was the solution - I was thinking along the lines of the key - I know ours have a immobiliser/keyreader in our cars and if the key battery goes flat or has a fault then this will not turn the car over to start/run... try your spare key
Old Sep 10, 2011, 07:10 PM

welll i dont think the key has a battery im thinking its more like digital or something like along those lines.. but yea it might have something to do with the immobalizer but more towards like the ecu programing to the whole car rather than they key. the key may have the original programing but the ecu dosent recongnize it. but thatss just me eliborating( brain storming) just to try an help