Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

04 ralliart cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine doesn't, but i also just did valve lash i'll post recording of exhaust before and after. Idk on the weld i didnt do it so I just figured that was all he could do.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ultimate Racing 04-05 Lancer Catback

The fitment on my '04 Sportback Ralliart went without difficulties, it was literally made to bolt in. The length could have been about two inches longer for the Sportback. It is listed by Ultimate Racing for the sedan.

Soon after Mitsubishi released the Sportback, I read in a Road N Track magazine ('04) how it boasted about the growl that the exhaust produced, amidst the "pea-shooter" exhaust tip it came with. Well, I can say, this system, by Ultimate Racing, keeps that gorgeous stock tone yet amplifies it X 3! I give it nearly five out of five stars, (****¾) only docking it a wee bit for too many db's, (inside the car) in the lower RPMs, which smooths out / lessens in the higher RPMs (only my opinion). The wagon length probably contributes to this considerably, where at idle it whispers. Can't wait to put the turbo kit (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...art-build.html) in front of this...WOW!

I chose the 3 1/2" rolled tip and the midpipe resonator:

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 4, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey truth did yours have a stud coming down the frame that bolts to the muffler?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I have had my magnaglow for 6+ years with no issues. Any decent brand muffler should give a nice deep tone as long as you don't remove the catalytic converter.
dont know if u still care but im using a magnaflow that was meant for an 05 oz slight mods 2in cut of mid pipe and an O2 bung welded on. No complaints started off a bit buzzy but ive had it almost 3 years and has a nice tone now would highly consider buying again since ive had it twice already
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
Hey truth did yours have a stud coming down the frame that bolts to the chassis?
Yes.

I had to have an extra two inch bracket tacked on, to drop it down a bit, for the bumper on the Sportback must be lower than the sedan. Other than that, it was a perfect fit.

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 26, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 05:13 PM

Strange q.. but does anyone have the OEM exhaust available that will fit an 04 Ralliart?? I need to replace the piping from the cat to the muffler at least and don't have the $ available right (new baby costs $$$$$$) now to go to a performance exhaust.. So if anyone has such in my area it certainly would be appreciated!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kinjiru
Strange q.. but does anyone have the OEM exhaust available that will fit an 04 Ralliart?? I need to replace the piping from the cat to the muffler at least and don't have the $ available right (new baby costs $$$$$$) now to go to a performance exhaust.. So if anyone has such in my area it certainly would be appreciated!
Are you in Jersey? I might have an intact OEM section still, but might cost as much to ship than a local muffler shop would be able to fit for you.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 06:02 PM

Nope.. I'm wayyyyy up here in Hamilton

I know a new pie could be made but thought it better to reuse something from someone that has upgraded from OEM.. esp given the current lack of $

I do have a friend with a US addy in NF NY.. but again shipping could be costly as well
Old Oct 29, 2015, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop and they should be able to weld you in a new pipe for fairly cheap. Even a competent exhaust shop should be able to build you a nice catback for cheaper than buying a premade one from a company.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kinjiru
Nope.. I'm wayyyyy up here in Hamilton
Hamilton where? For there's a Hamilton, NJ! Anyhow, go to a local muffler shop. They should be able to fab a piece for $100 or less. You didn't say you were looking for an upgraded piece, but rather an OEM piece. Is the rest of your pipe upgraded?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Hamilton where? For there's a Hamilton, NJ!
Ok, got it now:

About Kinjiru
Vehicle
04 Ralliart
Country of Residence
CA

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 29, 2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:57 PM

Trying that as well.. some local shops have their heads up their asses to be blunt.. want to insist on replacing everything.. even the cat which works just fine.. trying to find a shop locally that can bend a pipe and has common sense apparently is far harder than you might think sadly.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:57 PM

Sorry.. Hamilton Ontario.. forgot about the Hamilton's in the US!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Hamilton where? For there's a Hamilton, NJ! Anyhow, go to a local muffler shop. They should be able to fab a piece for $100 or less. You didn't say you were looking for an upgraded piece, but rather an OEM piece. Is the rest of your pipe upgraded?
Nothing upgraded on this car.. all OEM.. though upgrades of course would be an idea if $ allowed. (not counting a few replacement joints etc etc).. it's mostly my wife's car actually.. (I had to give up my beloved 89 240sx with almost 500K on it (stock) when we got this due to lack of space dammit.. hence why I got a bike again after not having one for many years. Caused my mother to have a fit on me as well LMAO.. despite the fact I raced such many yrs ago.. but hey it's a mom thing to freak out I assume)