Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Drop in K&N Filter

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you need help putting on intake!!!!!
dude intake and exhaust dont voind the woranty. never have never will till you start doing headeras and pistons and crap like that. its simple to install the sai or cai all toy have to do is remove the whole rubber pype to the intake manifold to the stock air box, remove the upper and lower portions of the stock ait box by using a screw driver. maby a rench may be requiored for instelation. I havent taken the stock air box out yet cause I am curently driving a truck chevy S10 but am going to get the lancer soon. dont hav eht dealer do crap. they will charge you a **** load for a 10 minet job and 10 minets if your a slow person or a newbe at this.

hear this ons on me.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Lancer_racer
you need help putting on intake!!!!!
dude intake and exhaust dont voind the woranty. never have never will till you start doing headeras and pistons and crap like that. its simple to install the sai or cai all toy have to do is remove the whole rubber pype to the intake manifold to the stock air box, remove the upper and lower portions of the stock ait box by using a screw driver. maby a rench may be requiored for instelation. I havent taken the stock air box out yet cause I am curently driving a truck chevy S10 but am going to get the lancer soon. dont hav eht dealer do crap. they will charge you a **** load for a 10 minet job and 10 minets if your a slow person or a newbe at this.

hear this ons on me.
You are wearing me out. First, in Canada, they have been saying for a long time that a Cold Air intake is illegal and voids their warranty. In the U.S. an intake will only void a warranty if the damage is directly related to the part. So in Canada they only have one legal choice and that is the short ram intake. And if you go back and read what you are saying you will understand why I have to go behind you and correct you, plus I dont have the energy to re-read that slop of spelling and overall grammar that you call posting "help". Please save these people your "help". There are a lot of people here without a lot of knowledge and you are not the person to be advising anybody...sorry.

michael7

P.S. this is the best intake for the money, one you make youself!
Attached Thumbnails Drop in K&N Filter-my-pictures0023.jpg  
Old Mar 8, 2004, 05:47 PM

shut the hell up first of all i dont give a **** about the canada warenty! I am from texas were we KNOW how to race! first of all all I was saying was cai is better than sai but if canada cant get cai then tats there problem. and personaly I dont give a crap about the warenty. so kiss my ***, I was just trying to tell all the posers out there if you go with a K&N stock replace ment thats just what you are getting a stock replace ment. now for cai vs. sai and sai is your only option go with the K&N stock replacement filter. but there is good news out of all of this, and the good news is im in Texas so cai dont void my warenty. haha if you want to get the air a little more dencer and cooler get one of the water misters, But peopl in canada check to see if it voids your warenty first. as for the jack *** giving me a ****ing headach stop replying and go to hell you ****er. you are taking every thing im saying and twisting it around. STOP!
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

lancer racer, go back and re-read your posts carefully, maybe have a dictionary beside you at the same time, you're coming off as a complete moron.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Yeah I am feeling that. This guy sounds like the typical racer, do you even have a high school education? Dence??? it is Dense.....warenty??? it is warranty...If all people in Texas are like you, I hope they ban breeding in Texas. And if you think a stock KN replacement is better than a short ram you are a total moron. Like mike said, the stock airbox is going to be a lot more restrictive than an open ended filter. And in Texas, Washington or Canada an intake will void your warranty if anything happens to the engine and they can blame it on the intake. If you hydrolock your engine or do anything to it and then take it in to the dealer and they see an intake that is going to make them deny your warranty. If I was in Canada and the dealers were honoring the warranty with a short ram, that is what I would get.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

kinda funny that I dont even have to be the one to respond to yet another of your brilliant replies.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:56 AM

A couple of posts back, comments were made about ceramic coated intake pipe. The author stated that a ceramic coating would help reduce heat transfer from the engine compartment to the intake air. This would depend heavily upon what type of ceramic is applied. Depending upon how much money you want to spend or how important looks are, you may be better off using insulating foam (heat/fire resistant) wrapped around the pipe.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:47 PM

for those of you that are still looking for the K&N drop in filter, i found it for 59.99 USD today at autopartsauthority.com with free shipping within the US. I'm in canada..12 bucks or so service charge..just to let u kno..can't wait till it comes..hah..prices are differnt..but this is the exact link i got mine from!

http://www.autopartsauthority.com/sp...artsparts.html

the first one for 59.99! Hurry!..

Cyrus
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we should have a poll:

CAI SAI SRI reply back ...
Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

enough of this **** already

i had a short ram, a cold air AND a drop in k&n on my accord.. they all have their own goodness to them

the drop in filter, with the resonator removed, was as good as some cheap azz ebay cai

the short ram made low end power and throttle response was quicker.. the intake air temp would drop if i cruise on the highway because the air doesn't have time to warm up, city driving it would get higher

the cold air made good mid and high end power, but the throttle response was slower than the cai, it would have a constant intake temp but the short ram can match it on the highway

if you guys actually LOOK at the RRM cold air, you will see that it is situated BEHIND the radiator, slightly below.. when the fan is on, it still gets pretty hot there.. i would have move the battery to the trunk and try to make it go down to the fog light location to really draw in cold air..

btw.. i just picked up the k&n drop in even though i could afford the CAI and i was in RRM office three weeks ago to pick up the other RA parts.. i wanted to wait for the injen one

-joe
Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

i meant:

the cold air made good mid and high end power, but the throttle response was slower than the sri

-joe
Old Apr 29, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have the RRM CAI installed on my RA and the filter is located behind the left front fog-lamp, away from the engine compartment. But you're right if you mean that the piping goes down near the radiator and rad hose.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

after a long drive, can you pop the hood and touch the intake and tell me if it's hot or not?

i been debating the routing of it and it seems not to make sense because it's next to the rad hose too

-joe
Old Apr 30, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, I'll check after a few runs at the track tonight, I was worried to so I actually wrapped some heat proof material around the pipe where it touches the rad hose. But I think that even if the pipe does warm up a little it wont really affect the temperature of the air because it moves so fast.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 04:39 PM
EvoM Guru

quick note: rmrproducts.com has high flow panel filters for $45. look under the reg lancer for it. don't worry, it'll fit. if you don't believe me, go to knfilters.com and cross reference the models.