Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Broken clutch fork 2006 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, some cast metals are cheap weak stuff, I didn't know thats what the forks are made of. Getting a new one milled from scratch would be my option, too.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
i doubt that's the cause of a clutch fork snapping in half, you should be able to run the rivets into the flywheel, and still not break clutch forks...
Just saying what my mechanic told me. Obviously it broke for a reason. **** doesn't just snap.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliart367
Just saying what my mechanic told me. Obviously it broke for a reason. **** doesn't just snap.
Dude, think about it, how would a worn clutch cause a clutch fork to break, it doesn't even make sense...and your response is very defensive based not on first hand knowledge, but information you received from someone else...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Dude, think about it, how would a worn clutch cause a clutch fork to break, it doesn't even make sense...and your response is very defensive based not on first hand knowledge, but information you received from someone else...
Whatever kid, I'm just saying what the mechanic told me the way he explained it made sense I'm just adding in. I didn't come here to be criticized, I was just saying what I was told. Maybe he was wrong idk. I don't know much about our transmission. I was just saying what I thought would be useful information. Next time il keep my post to myself.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Whatever kid, I'm just saying what the mechanic told me the way he explained it made sense I'm just adding in. I didn't come here to be criticized, I was just saying what I was told. Maybe he was wrong idk. I don't know much about our transmission. I was just saying what I thought would be useful information. Next time il keep my post to myself.
Wowzers man, there are better things to put energy into. Crapping on an EXTREMELY intelligent and helpful guy that does more for this community than he probably gets recognition for, is pretty crass. No one is crapping on your mechanic. He's just offering some insight on our car that he happens to know an incredible amount about. Take everything a mechanic says with a grain of salt, not because they are trying to screw you but because they are human and can make mistakes. I've known many a mechanic that's been wrong about something, they all just don't get enough exposure to all types of cars. Some guys know fords better, others know gm's better etc.... I find very few actually have much experience with our sweet rides.

I don't think Crans was trying to insult you. I think he responded to the aggressive nature of the post which if your read it over again, can see. I know I personally have to write things out, walk away, read, edit and repeat until I get the right message across without sounding aggressive.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

All i said was i doubted a worn clutch disc was the sole cause...there are factors that could directly cause a clutch release fork to fail, it's likely it would not be something as common as a worn clutch. it's more than likely just one of those things...i'm just a bit put back that a mechanic said that without anything to back it up...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

It's a bad day. My bad (:

And I didn't mean my mechanic knows everything cause he really doesn't.

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

It's all good brother, too bad we can't digitally *Puff* *Puff* pass! I sure as heck wish I could
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
367, you'll get used to the way guys talk here. They are really knowledgable and so they just get right to the point, and also ask difficult questions sometimes. Crans only sounds hard he's pretty cool in real life and gets all the girls.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

i can only seem to get one at a time
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:48 AM

My clutch fork broke on me as well it actually broke inside the clutch and made uneven marks on the clutch. It snapped one of the forks right off.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by kslater
My clutch fork broke on me as well it actually broke inside the clutch and made uneven marks on the clutch. It snapped one of the forks right off.
I'm curious, were you able to determine what caused your clutch fork to snap?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:20 AM

What happened was i had a slipping timing belt and idk if they caused it to do it or not. I had to end up getting a used engine cause the one i have needs like 2k worth of damages.

One of the forks i guess got stuck or something like that and just snapped off. It did alot of damge inside. I have to replace clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, input shaft, and clutch fork. I have almost all except clutch, flywheel, and tob.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

timing belt has nothing to do the the clutch...i'm fairly certain clutch forks just break due to corrosion and extended use. It's like anything else, when forces are applied to things they eventually become weaker, and it's not like a clutch fork is made of machined steel...it's a cast piece...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I am glad I found this post. I recently just handled a Ralliart transmission and was very depressed with the clutch fork. It feels like the Pivot ball is not too strong. And the fork seems so flimsy.
If these break, I would not be surprised.

The machine shop idea is by far the best.

Quick Reply: Broken clutch fork 2006 Ralliart