Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

oem 04+ exhaust needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oem 04+ exhaust needed

Strange q.. but does anyone have the OEM exhaust available that will fit an 04 Ralliart Sedan?? I need to replace the piping from the cat to the muffler at least and don't have the $ available right (new baby costs $$$$$$ ) now to go to a performance exhaust.. So if anyone has such in my area it certainly would be appreciated!

From what I've researched so far the 05+ also came with stainless OEM.. but reports of that vary ugh

Anyhow.. hope someone has what is needed!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinjiru
Strange q.. but does anyone have the OEM exhaust available that will fit an 04 Ralliart Sedan?? I need to replace the piping from the cat to the muffler at least and don't have the $ available right (new baby costs $$$$$$ ) now to go to a performance exhaust.. So if anyone has such in my area it certainly would be appreciated!

From what I've researched so far the 05+ also came with stainless OEM.. but reports of that vary ugh

Anyhow.. hope someone has what is needed!
question...just prodding...I don't have what you want...

if not interested in a performance cat-back, why do you need the whole run? muffler shops can make exhaust systems in-house...if you need to repair it for emissions or eardrums, that would be the best route, but someone may have the OEM pipe, who knows...forum is pretty dead...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:53 PM

No problem... and prodding can be good.. why? simple.. cost.. with the other half on mat leave, new kid and I'm yanked from work by the doc $ simply doesn't exist. Otherwise I've seen some "performance" exhausts on ebay etc designed for the EVO that apparently will fit on the RA 2.4.. but I can't confirm that of course. Hell $ is so much vaporware this yr I couldn't even put ins on my bike (bike vs 2nd car since no room for car) and it's only a 96 Ninja 500 (aka cheap insurance esp for my age).. so it is staying in storage mode for all of this yr at least.

Anyhow forums dead as you said.. no worries.. exhaust is patched for minimal use atm using a spaghetti sauce can and 2 pipe/hose clamps to keep it from dragging on the ground *_*

Hopefully someone has upgraded and has what is needed.. but one way or another gotta fix the poor beast esp b4 winter. Can't exactly strap the baby seat to the bike even if it was insured! LOL
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

do you need to pass e-test this year? what's the rush in repairing it? how bad is it? all I'm getting at is how much of the pipe needs to be replaced? cause around here, I could have a chunk of pipe cut and welded in for probably $100 or less.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
do you need to pass e-test this year? what's the rush in repairing it? how bad is it? all I'm getting at is how much of the pipe needs to be replaced? cause around here, I could have a chunk of pipe cut and welded in for probably $100 or less.
No it does not thankfully.. it actually passed that the day the exhaust snapped.. and started dragging on the ground. It's temp patched using a spaghetti sauce can and 2 pipe clamps LOL (I did the same to a car many yrs ago using a soup can)

the cutting etc is easy.. the pipe can be expanded and clamped as well.. the problem I have is the bends needed and not only do I not have the tools for that I have zero exp there.

Anyhow... I figured I'd check for anyone that had the part(s) 1st.. and if necessary see who has gotten a new SS exhaust from ebay or other sources with a reasonable price.. the cheaper the better of course in this case.

thnx for the reply btw

Next up.. fixing it's not wanting to idle nicely since it was not used much for a while.. ahh cars can be such a pita!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

does it ever die while idling or have trouble starting when you completely fill the tank?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
does it ever die while idling or have trouble starting when you completely fill the tank?
Yes to the former but not to the latter. This also only started once it was not being driven for a while (exhaust snapped and it took a while to get to patching it.. bad back and lack of $ **** me off).

Oh and finally got a semi realistic local shop that can bend a chunk of pipe.. but using up an existing stock one instead would still be better I suppose instead of wasting such