Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

OBX fuel rail opinion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBX fuel rail opinion

Hi all. Name is Mike and I'm currently working on a 4g69 swap into a 1999 mirage design but I need a evo 8 style fuel rail due to the 69 rail is returnless fuel system. Looking into my options I know I could get a oem evo 8 rail for 50 or so bucks but for a Lil bit more I could get something more functional if I do future mods plus it looks a hell of a lot better then the oem.

Of course has anyone used them or would you say go with the real name brands like aem, ams and so on. I no there are minimal gains in power but everything counts. Thanks in advance. Mike.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by OneFiveDE-T
...minimal gains in power...
There are NO gains in power, like ZERO, not even a little bit...how much power are you planning on making? is the motor built? If you're looking to add bling to the engine bay, then you could tuck the wires and show it off, but a fuel rail is just a manifold to distribute fuel to the injectors, it's literally an empty pipe with some holes in it, a higher capacity fuel rail is only required at VERY high power output. I don't see why an OBX rail wouldn't be just fine for what you need.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:09 AM

Well being I came from an engine family that has hardly any support to one that has some to not limitless with evo rebuild. No the engine is completely stock beside no ac and power steering. Yea a little bling would be nice to be honest. I was more less want to know quality of the obx brand and of anyone would think of using there products. Most opinions are ok from what I hear but I guess it's better then stock?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I've never heard any complaints about the build quality of OBX products, though I have no personal experience, but when it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter too much with a fuel rail...if it fits and doesn't leak, you're golden.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:42 AM

Thanks. I ordered the obx one. We will see how it fits.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 05:31 PM

Heres the rail. Kinda dissapointed that the obx logo cant be seen when installed.

Had to used my mirage o rings. The galant ones were too small.

Need some wahsers but it lines up ok.

The dsm rail fitting fit fine. Guess you lancer guys dont run rails too often because of the return hole. Could be blocked off rather easy with this fitting and a 6an cap.