Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Throttle body and intake spacers.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle body and intake spacers.

So I'm still looking to get as much out of my 4g69 as possible before I think of boost. I've always been curious on tb (phenolic and aluminum or both) spacers and thermal ones for the intake. So far it seems like the evo 8 seems to be the one to use for the manifold but what about the tb? I know the bolt pattern is the same as a dsm tb. But the really the question is who has used either 1,2 or all 3? I know most people try to get 10hp out of every mod but really 1 to 2whp is a gain to me and I'd be happy with that. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I have both the throttle body and intake manifold phenolic spacers on my RA. Cant say there is much of a noticeable benefit, but the concept behind it makes sense. And the Intake Manifold stays cool to the touch now. You can get both for the 4g69 from RPW in Australia.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by OneFiveDE-T
So I'm still looking to get as much out of my 4g69 as possible before I think of boost. I've always been curious on tb (phenolic and aluminum or both) spacers and thermal ones for the intake. So far it seems like the evo 8 seems to be the one to use for the manifold but what about the tb? I know the bolt pattern is the same as a dsm tb. But the really the question is who has used either 1,2 or all 3? I know most people try to get 10hp out of every mod but really 1 to 2whp is a gain to me and I'd be happy with that. Thanks in advance.
I find it hard to believe anyone could get 10hp for every bolt on mod, when i'm only getting 10hp every 1 psi of boost. I would think thermal spacing would be more for consistency, like when it's cooler, the car will make more power, but when it's super hot out, you can feel the power loss, I think thermal spacing is more to reduce that effect of losing power when temperatures are higher. Other than that you are increasing the volume of the intake manifold slightly, but don't expect it to knock your socks off.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 03:19 PM

To be honest I'm looking for consistency. There may be some benefit with other mods but something is better then nothing. The 1 to 3 whp I expect will feel a lot better in my case since the chassis is 1k lighter then a lancer or close to it.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
I have both the throttle body and intake manifold phenolic spacers on my RA. Cant say there is much of a noticeable benefit, but the concept behind it makes sense. And the Intake Manifold stays cool to the touch now. You can get both for the 4g69 from RPW in Australia.
I'm glad to see someone actually using them! What brands are yours that you used?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Ordered the RPW ones I mentioned. They took a bit of time to come in from Australia but they are a good quality. Been using them for a year now with zero issues so far.

I just noticed your bio says you drive a 99 mirage. Is it running a 4g69 like our RA's? I have a 2001 mirage I was planning to make this swap on and turn it into a dedicated race car. So I'd obviously have some questions if youve already done that. LOL
Old Apr 8, 2016, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Ordered the RPW ones I mentioned. They took a bit of time to come in from Australia but they are a good quality. Been using them for a year now with zero issues so far.

I just noticed your bio says you drive a 99 mirage. Is it running a 4g69 like our RA's? I have a 2001 mirage I was planning to make this swap on and turn it into a dedicated race car. So I'd obviously have some questions if youve already done that. LOL
Yes we are slowly using the 2.4 and g69 in the mirage since it's become a little cheaper. It all depends on what engine is in your mirage. If it's a 1.8 you're golden since the wiring harness is the same as an evo 8 except for cooling fan pins and ac fans. The 1.8 5 speed trans can be retained but you need to split the case and use either a ralliart or 3g eclipse bell housing and that goes for the automatics as well. I haven't completed my swap yet but in the process.