Notices

Circle Earth ground kit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the stock tach is never accurate anyways

i got the REAL Hyper Ground Kit from Sun Trading and it's made in japan, the quality is top notch. They are the same company that makes the the mitsubishi kit

-joe
Old Nov 17, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
-

Juste a note: with the ground kit installed, your engine is running at exactly the same RPM as before for the same given speed. Gear ratios dictate that, and those are mechanical parts that cannot be affected by electrical currents. What is changing is the way the RPM sensor operates (these are electromagnetic sensors).

So basically, the RPM sensor was tuned for the stock electrical system. When installing additionnal grounding points, you change the electrical setup (shorten ot lenghten certain grounding pathways) and thus get a false reading.

That means that you might now be running the engine at 3750 RPM when it reads 3500. Appart from the fact that your RPM is not that accurate anymore, it might also affect the cutoff point of the engine, since the ECU uses this data to shut the ignition off passed the preset red line point. It might not be a huge difference, but 250-300 more RPM at the red line is not the best thing for your engine. Unlike me, if you never get your engine near the red line, this is not a concern... and you're only left with the eroneous reading from the sensor (which is not such a big problem).

The grounding kit should improve high powered audio setups though, that's easy physics.

-
Excellent point. Like you I stay pretty far away from the redline. Only time I've pushed it there was when I wanted to see the car hit top speed. Even then it was only for a few seconds.

I realized that this mod is for the electrical system which is why I bought it in the first place. I have interior LED's and I plan on at upgrading the stereo system in the future.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Hyper grounding kit and the only reason I went with that is it is warrantied under my Mitsu car warranty as it considered a Mitsu accessory.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

so whats the better one you can buy?also how much does it cost?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

the cost is just difference in material and construction and durability
-joe
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

can we say hardware store people??? you can get brass fittings/mounts for 10 cents, you can pick up wire (any length you want) at an audio store for a buck or two a foot and thats if you want high quality monster cable screws of whatever type style or size are also pennies a piece. you could get a whole grounding set up just as good as the kits that go for 100 bucks for around 15-20 bucks.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck
I have the Hyper grounding kit and the only reason I went with that is it is warrantied under my Mitsu car warranty as it considered a Mitsu accessory.
How much does it cost?? and where can I found it???
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wild_child
How much does it cost?? and where can I found it???
cost me $160 through Mitsubishi dealership, it has a mitsu part # and the dealer can get in many colours, the loom is a transparent colour, in Blue/Red/Smoked Black/Silver/Gold so the choice is yours....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
can we say hardware store people??? you can get brass fittings/mounts for 10 cents, you can pick up wire (any length you want) at an audio store for a buck or two a foot and thats if you want high quality monster cable screws of whatever type style or size are also pennies a piece. you could get a whole grounding set up just as good as the kits that go for 100 bucks for around 15-20 bucks.

Guys, Sentinal is right... I could make myself a very decent grounding kit for under 20$... 30$ if I push it on the terminals quality. In Montreal, I'd go to Adison electronics... and all major cities have specialized a distributor for electronics components. Save some money and use it on something of real value...

Just my 2 cents...

-
Old Nov 19, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

you guys go ahead and make your own, but if you look at the quality that goes into the expensive kits (no, not the $28 ebay special), it's worth the money

the wire is thick, tube,sleeve,and tubed again.. the terminals are all pretty good

-joe
Old Dec 5, 2004, 06:37 AM

I just put a grounding kit in my RA, I bought it from a Mitsu Dealer for $170cdn.
I would post the instructions that came with it but they were poor quality photocopies.
(I’ll try scanning them any way to see how well they turn out)
We just had a bad snowstorm and the roads suck so I haven’t been out much so I don’t know exactly how well it works. It seems that performance at very low speeds (speedometer not moving, almost stopped) has improved. The car used to shake and almost stall when not touching the clutch, but now it is smooth. Starting the car also seems faster. I’ll also try and see what effect it has on the RPM’s as discussed earlier.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jeffmcm
I just put a grounding kit in my RA, I bought it from a Mitsu Dealer for $170cdn.
I would post the instructions that came with it but they were poor quality photocopies.
(I’ll try scanning them any way to see how well they turn out)
We just had a bad snowstorm and the roads suck so I haven’t been out much so I don’t know exactly how well it works. It seems that performance at very low speeds (speedometer not moving, almost stopped) has improved. The car used to shake and almost stall when not touching the clutch, but now it is smooth. Starting the car also seems faster. I’ll also try and see what effect it has on the RPM’s as discussed earlier.
So, you are almost at a stop, and you dont have the clutch pushed. The car is supposed to buck and stall. You are pulling the RPM's below the idle line. I would be more concerned that the car has stopped doing it. That is if I understood you correctly.
Secondly, when ever you remove the ground line from the car, you are erasing the memory from the computer. It now takes a few good drives for the computer to relearn the car and your driving habits. So it will drive diffrent for the first bit. You may be feeling this aswell.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 01:11 AM

It bolts right to the electronic throttle control, so that might be why at low speeds the throttle response is better. When I have more KM on the car I’ll give an update.

This is just what I’ve noticed so far.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine has what seems like a replacement for the negative terminal clamp on the battery. Do I just take that off and let it hang while the ground system sits on there? You'd think someone would include some directions with these things.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

you need to replace this piece, if I'm not mistaken. Thats what I did anyway. If you just let it hang there the alternator wont charge to battery. That big fat wire is part of that circuit. If I'm not mistaken

Quick Reply: Circle Earth ground kit