Notices

How do you guys get your eyelids painted??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you guys get your eyelids painted??

hey i was just wondering where all you guys go to get your eyelids painted?? most body shops charge a lot of money just to make the paint....so i was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative?? thanks
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

just keep searching around, ull find a cheap place. Or find a friend who will paint them for free or cheap (ask kareem, he lives in cali) or paint them yourself. There's a paint tutorial in the lancer forums.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you go to NAPA, they'll color match your paint and put it in a spray car for about 20 bucks a can. not too bad and it'll last a while. more than enough to get the eyelids done.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

you think NAPA could match the tunder gray? Even with that <lisp>SPARKEL!</lisp> it has? You know what im talking about? Like a metalic chip or <lisp>GLITTER!</lisp> in the paint. I think without, it may look a little off in the sun.

after having to resort to such limp-wristed adjectives, please excuse me while i go play some nsync and touch up my makeup
Old Oct 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
you think NAPA could match the tunder gray? Even with that <lisp>SPARKEL!</lisp> it has? You know what im talking about? Like a metalic chip or <lisp>GLITTER!</lisp> in the paint. I think without, it may look a little off in the sun.

after having to resort to such limp-wristed adjectives, please excuse me while i go play some nsync and touch up my makeup
Old Oct 3, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

You can also go to www.automotivetouchup.com and they can match your color code and you can do it yourself. The entire kit is like 30 bucks and they do a great job. I put eyelids on my civic ( ) and I used the kit from them and it turned out great.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
You can also go to www.automotivetouchup.com and they can match your color code and you can do it yourself. The entire kit is like 30 bucks and they do a great job. I put eyelids on my civic ( ) and I used the kit from them and it turned out great.
Where is the "kit" you describe. If I add up the can of paint, plus primer, plus sandpaper, plus clearcoat... I get a lot more than just $30.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 08:00 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ddcha
Where is the "kit" you describe. If I add up the can of paint, plus primer, plus sandpaper, plus clearcoat... I get a lot more than just $30.
I would just buy the paint from them. You can get sandpaper, clearcoat, and primer at your local autoparts store.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
I would just buy the paint from them. You can get sandpaper, clearcoat, and primer at your local autoparts store.
Thanks for your advice, but it seems like I'm still looking at $50 or so for just the materials. I found a body shop that will do them for $100, and save me some paint for touch-up needs in the future. I think it's worth having them do it for the piece of mind and time/effort it would save me...
Old Jul 12, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Can of primer, paint, clear = $50?? Closer to $30, if that.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

just go to your local arts and craft store buy some water colors and try that out

just messin AMS did a good job on some of the cars where i live....good luck
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

umm... www.paintscratch.com easy as 3.14159265.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
umm... www.paintscratch.com easy as 3.14159265.

What is that Rubbing Compound for anyway (massage)? Whatever happenned to wet sanding??? And why get the Thinner?

-
Old Jul 12, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ddcha
Wow, prices have gone up in the past 5 years
Old Jul 13, 2005, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

a can of spray paint is like $4.60 average...

i would shop around at ur home depot, lowes, craft store, and pep boys for spray paints for the exact match... you can always take off the paint by using the paint thinner... im gonna have to do this with my headlights if i start getting pulled over all the time... just use a little bit at a time b/c you dont want to ruin the eyelids..

thats the cheapest way to do it, a body shop will be most expensive. ordering online will be in the middle... i ordered mine from accolade - i forgot how much i paid for them but they did it all for me. post pics when ur done with the eyelids though!