Notices

Driving with fog lights on...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they're outlawing fogs, what about those BMW X3's (the SUV... it's the X3, right) with super HID's and shining right at EYE LEVEL!!!!???
No doubt! Those guys blind me ALL the time. I always run my fogs at night...I just feel weird not having that extra light in front of me.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 08:28 PM

Same, my drive home from night classes has me going through some hilly kinda windy roads, with no postlamps, the foglamps actually help. Also I think they look nice.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah the universal code for the most part is no more than 4 lights. It is actually illegal for the vehicle to allow you to use more than 4 lights at a time stock.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

ok.. Seriously.. That cop was Violating a bunch of your rights..
1 You were Parked at home Going inside.. Its Trespassing and he cant prove you were driving it once you left the vehicle.
2. Fog lamps are not Illegal
I get tickets for BS like that All the time.. They just see young person Driving late night and Nice car = Ticket and Money.Every new ticket I get Icarry a copy of that law allowing the part being questioned by cops and I give it to them.. They hate that yet they think you are a law student or the Child of a Lawyer.which is thier worst enemy.As long as you say "In My Opinion" before stating what you think(Ex.. In my opinion I think you are a A**hole).. You are allowed to get away with Calling them a name.. I have done it and if they try to arrest you they are in violation of the Right to freedom of speech and they can lose thier job over it.Just learn your local laws,Eventually they will stop Messing with ya.

And to add to the HID's.. They are supposedly banned unless your car comes with them.Personally.. I think its stupid.. If they are gonna ban them they should do it all the way.I am ordering a pair from Japan anyways just to see if it is true.Our cars Do come with them in Japan.. So technically I should be able to get away with it.. Gotta love Loopholes.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't recommend trying any of that stuff with the NYPD. You may technically be right, until you're pulled over by two cops at 3 am on a deserted street - then its there ballgame and you can't say shii. I'm sure some small town cops can be just as bad if not worse depending where you are. I learned to never argue with a cop or question anything. I answer his questions respectfully and take what I get. Then its off to court. I find the best way to beat any ticket is to plead not guilty. Then postpone it once by mail. Then go there in person a day or 3 before your court date and tell them you can't make it. They charge you for a bond for like $40 and postpone it again - then do it one more time.(That's the max) Two or three years later when you finally go to court, the cop NEVER shows (especially if he doesn't remember you being a punk when he pulled you over)- case dismissed - no points or insurance hike and it cost $40-$80. I beat 3 speeding tickets (one for 103 in a 50) that way when I was younger.