Notices

My beautiful car!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captain150
The people on the other board said the same thing. It doesn't look bad because the bumper didn't crack, but bumper was pushed almost to the radiator (well, far enough that the edge of the hood hit the other car's bumper). But then it bounced back out, looks ok, but i'm sure the beam behind the bumper is bent to hell, the hood it bend up (look at the top edge of the headlights, it has lifted up). The pictures are ****ty too. Anyway, whether or not it was that bad, i'm out a bumper and hood, at least. Those bumpers are NOT cheap, probably a grand per bumper (mine and his). Insurance is nice though...
Parts alone....

Hood= 300
Bumper= 450

That was the prices I got from my body shop when i had my accident.They ordered it from Mitsubishi.Those arent including paint and labor.If you remember mine was worse.I neede a fender and a headlight as well.Just look up my car got in a fight...

Sorry about your car.I know what you are feeling since I experienced this first hand 2 weeks ago and I am just getting my car back this weekend.I had a rental.. Just dont get the Sebring Convertible.. Its SLOW.Get something better.Anyways... Good luck,and the damage isnt as much as you think.This is coming from experience.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in Canada. So the bumper and hood come from Mitsubishi unpainted? I do know the paint on the bumper is most of the cost. It is really time intensive to paint a car bumper so that it looks like the rest of the body. The bumper/hood is no big deal, but the hidden parts? I just want those to be like they were when the car was new.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Paint all depends on the shop you take it to.The Bumper and Hood will come unpainted and the bumper will need to have ( if it survived) the lip kit thingy(little ledge on bottom) added back on.It shouldnt take more than 2-3 weeks from the time it hits the shop till the time you get it back.My parts came in in a week and the paint is only a few hours.Hidden parts arent expensive at all.Bolts i think are like $5-10 .I cant tell ya the exact cost of the Strip under the bumper because I didnt damage mine.If the Radiator isnt messed up then you probably have no more than 3k total.Mine was 4k and that included hood,bumper,fender and headlight.
Heres the link to my damage..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=101099
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IllicitRalliart
Paint all depends on the shop you take it to.The Bumper and Hood will come unpainted and the bumper will need to have ( if it survived) the lip kit thingy(little ledge on bottom) added back on.It shouldnt take more than 2-3 weeks from the time it hits the shop till the time you get it back.My parts came in in a week and the paint is only a few hours.Hidden parts arent expensive at all.Bolts i think are like $5-10 .I cant tell ya the exact cost of the Strip under the bumper because I didnt damage mine.If the Radiator isnt messed up then you probably have no more than 3k total.Mine was 4k and that included hood,bumper,fender and headlight.
Heres the link to my damage..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=101099

I'm pretty sure the ledge part is ok. Staring at it, it really wasn't bad, for how hard I hit him and for how far the bumper went in, it really wasn't bad.
The radiator is fine, in fact I really can't tell if the beam behind the bumper was bent, I can see part of it and it is straight. I don't know, I guess I will find out tomorrow. I just can't see how the bumper pushed in SO far without that beam bending.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

If you didn't bend the support beam you have the "energy absorbing material" (AKA styrofoam) to thank.