Notices

Ticketed For Tint

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog I understand you on that one..Im not so much trying to win this case, but prepare me for the future..Cause in the next few days im gonna change my tint and im debating what would be my best bet. I want to be as dark as possible, but legal. Maybe even a slight shade darker then legal. That way cops wont really be able to notice..When I got my tint, I didnt really realize how dark it was gonna be..My friend has like 5% and never gets in any problem..It is a Saleen, so maybe cops dont even bother..PA laws on tint are so vague, so its hard to decide what my best bet would be..70% is just out of the question..But I assume 30% maybe 25% is a safe zone.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

$105 for tints? .. i thought it was just like 45
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

You should be fine with 25-30%. Ohio's limit is 50% all around. I went with 32% because 50% is a waste of money. I figured 32% isn't too dark to attract attention. I'm actually wishing I had gone a little darker, maybe 25%. I think that is probably the darkest you'd want to go to keep from being harrassed. But that's just my opinion. I'll be in Philly next month. I hope they don't mess with me.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by imajinmyfx
$105 for tints? .. i thought it was just like 45
HA!!! Maybe if you buy the tint at Walmart and put in on yourself.

I paid $200 for mine and they wanted another $25 for the windshield strip (which I didn't get). They are a little high, but they do an excellent job and they have every type of tint you can imagine. They lowest I could find around here was $125 I think. But they only had one type of tint and it wasn't what I wanted. Plus they weren't a very reputable establishment.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
HA!!! Maybe if you buy the tint at Walmart and put in on yourself.

I paid $200 for mine and they wanted another $25 for the windshield strip (which I didn't get). They are a little high, but they do an excellent job and they have every type of tint you can imagine. They lowest I could find around here was $125 I think. But they only had one type of tint and it wasn't what I wanted. Plus they weren't a very reputable establishment.

obviously..... i paid 200 for my tints... i was talking about 105 for the ticket...
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

My bad.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

go to the eye doctor and tell him ur eye hurts like a ***** when the sun shines at you. Get a doctor's note and when u get pulled over, shove the note up the cop's @$$
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TRDHarrier
go to the eye doctor and tell him ur eye hurts like a ***** when the sun shines at you. Get a doctor's note and when u get pulled over, shove the note up the cop's @$$
I've heard you can do that. I was thinking about doing that since I already wear glasses.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
This is probably the biggest reason why it will be very hard winning this war in court. We always look at the situation from our point of view saying, "Why is this cop F'in with me, I'm not hurting anyone with my tint." We rarely look at it from there side. Every time they pull someone over they never know what may happen. They could lose their life. Not being able to see anything going on in a car must really make them nervous. My hat goes off to every cop out there, cuz you guys are doing something that most people wont and can't do.

I tell you what JP. If that cop plays the "Can't see what's going on" card you might as well hang it up, cuz you are going to lose. Don't take me as being an ***, I'm just tryin to be real.
I was waiting for somebody to realize that it's not always about them vs. cops or about cops f**king them up the ***

the laws are made to be interperted.. if the judge thinks that the cop's safety is in question, your so called "rights" (which isn't, it's a privledge to drive on the road, it's your right only to own the car) will not win over his right to life

-joe
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartJP
Dog I understand you on that one..Im not so much trying to win this case, but prepare me for the future..Cause in the next few days im gonna change my tint and im debating what would be my best bet. I want to be as dark as possible, but legal. Maybe even a slight shade darker then legal. That way cops wont really be able to notice..When I got my tint, I didnt really realize how dark it was gonna be..My friend has like 5% and never gets in any problem..It is a Saleen, so maybe cops dont even bother..PA laws on tint are so vague, so its hard to decide what my best bet would be..70% is just out of the question..But I assume 30% maybe 25% is a safe zone.
why do people still do that? "get a shade darker than legal"

do you always just break the law a little bit? just stay legal and be done with it

it's people that think this way that ruin the scene for EVERYBODY.. making all young import drivers look like "rebels" "troublemakers"

-joe
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TRDHarrier
then the next thing you know, the cop will run with your story and claim that you can't operate the vehicle safely since you can't tint your windshield and you will be a hazard on the road.. if he wants to mess with you, he will recommend to the court to take your licence away..

it's a very big game of chicken if you ask me

-joe
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Why do we get it a shade darker then legal? Cause if you do some research on the tint laws, atleast in PA, you'll see how vague they are. Im not even sure what the hell the tint law is, nobody has come forth with some reliable information. I take it that the law is 25-30%. 70% doesnt sound right..
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartJP
Why do we get it a shade darker then legal? Cause if you do some research on the tint laws, atleast in PA, you'll see how vague they are. Im not even sure what the hell the tint law is, nobody has come forth with some reliable information. I take it that the law is 25-30%. 70% doesnt sound right..
Plus legal tint isn't anything. I got more of a tint from frosted glass on cold mornings then what the tint shop was offering as legal tint.

Fox
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

YEah but there are loopholes in the whole situation.If he didnt use a meter to determine that they were 16%,and if JP can prove in court that you can see through the tints.. even when the cop has to shine that bright a$$ light on you at night.. Then he can easily win.the Judge would be able to look at the car and tell.I had to go to court to prove I got my car inspected and the judge had to go out and look at the car and see that it was done.They like physical proof.You might have to kiss their a** a lil bit but if you tell him you have the car with you and the tints are not as dark as said and he can still see in... Then you should be ok.
Just make sure that the next tints you get you can see thru.. Ask if they have a sample.. If they do and its on a glass.. Hold it up to the light.If its a sample the is a small peice,Hold it flush against your window and try to look in.If you cant see in,They are too dark.As long as that bright a** light that the cops have can shine thru enough for them to see,Your ok.

Also,I wasnt knockin on cops.Just sometimes they try to bend the law in thier favor.I have had it happen,as I am sure everyone has had that one PITA cop who tried to stick them on anything they could get.There are cops like that and unfoirtunately those cops outnumber the Good cops who actually are doing thier job and are generally nice about things like Tint.My friends uncle is a DE state Trooper and he said generally he let the little things pass because he knows that right behing the little fish is that major speeder or the Drunk driver who could kill someone.I see how Tint could be a problem to an extent.Now if you live in an area that is known for Drugs and Crime.. AKA"High Crime Area".. Then I can see exactly where the cops would harrass people with tints.However you look at it,Its like any other Moving Violation..your word against the cops.However if that officer doesnt have substatial evidence to prove he is in fear of his life,and you can prove you werent guilty,Then the whole thing will be dropped.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

murders and cop killings happen not just in high crime areas.. it's a big misconception that really bugs me

if you go out and tint your window, and you are unclear on the law, instead of ignoring it and then ***** about it when you get caught, why don't you actually go and do something about it

either get them to clarify it or don't do the tint.. it's very simple

if enough people complain about the vagueness, they will have to fix the law

a cop only has two hands, and the time spent shining that big azz (your words) light into your car could mean that he has less time to react if you were some gang banger

-joe