Notices

CAI brand difference rant.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I prefer only high quality pieces, but to each their own...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:00 AM

did anyone stop to think that where the companies are located plays a factor in dynoing, because it does. different altitudes, temps.. did they have the fan in front of the car, your going to get the same power from all, just buy what you think looks the best!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Here is an E-bay special. I got it for @$50 shipped. I tossed the filter (even though it was cotton gauze) and put a K&N on it. No fitment issues at all. It bolted right up with no problems. Total invested was @$80.

This is my wife's 02 OZ.

Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
That's pretty funny actually. I'm going to retract my statement about AEM being rice. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't one of the first to pick up their CAI when it came out. They did pioneer the CAI, and that is the reason I'm pulling back on my statement. I still prefer injen though. just an opinion though, we'll end it at that. Either way, when RRM drops the turbo, the CAI's are done.
cool bro. well said. and yeah, if i had a ralliart and the flow for an rrm turbo, i'd be right there with you... we'd be like, injen? aem? WHO THE HELL CARES!

/tires squeeling
/exhaust roaring
/blow-off valve... PPPPSSSSSHHHHHHTTTTTT!

Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
Who are these pu$$ies anyway?
no freaking clue man. just a pic i've seen floating around on the net come up in MANY rice coversations. makes me laugh everytime i see it. i've been dying to use it in a conversation, and just had to through it in there.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chiefs1919
did anyone stop to think that where the companies are located plays a factor in dynoing, because it does. different altitudes, temps.. did they have the fan in front of the car, your going to get the same power from all, just buy what you think looks the best!!!!
yep. thought about it. wrote about it in the first post. can't say i agree with going based solely on looks though. not with an intake anyhow. its a functional part, so function first, looks second. if it was a bodykit, it would probably be the other way around.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

I cant believe that I just read this whole thread. What a waste. And for the record...I MADE my own CAI...because the only one out was the 2 piece from RRM and I didnt have $220 for it. So I went to a shop and made a little pipe...bought a filter and BAMMM! Intake! It works and sounds great. I will be going to a Dyno Day on Nov. 7 so I will give better details later.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 05:55 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by purecoda
no freaking clue man. just a pic i've seen floating around on the net come up in MANY rice coversations. makes me laugh everytime i see it. i've been dying to use it in a conversation, and just had to through it in there.
Icy Hot Stuntaz - white boy rap group from down south, trying to be serious, but ended up just getting laughed off the internet, deservingly so. Last I heard, through fark.com or some similar site, the guy on the right with no shirt was trying to be a solo rapper.

Yeah, they sound as bad as they look. Here ya go, enjoy laughing your *** off:
http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop/audio/

Old Oct 26, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsumichael7
I cant believe that I just read this whole thread. What a waste. And for the record...I MADE my own CAI...because the only one out was the 2 piece from RRM and I didnt have $220 for it. So I went to a shop and made a little pipe...bought a filter and BAMMM! Intake! It works and sounds great. I will be going to a Dyno Day on Nov. 7 so I will give better details later.
wish i could give you those 5 minutes of your life back... wait a minute. no, i don't.

seriously though, props for making your own cai. what was the final price damage? and definitely post the dyno once you get that done.