Notices

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011 | 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

It is freight prices, not us. We see none of the $190. Please do not displace blame for shipper prices on us. I swear we see none of that money. We call to make sure you are OK with it though because we would not surprise someone with that. That is proper service. Shipping costs for a bumper has nothing to do with service.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 30, 2011 | 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK
I think that exhaust is gonna kill low to midrange power. You need to undo that or do something to compensate for that exhaust. That is something that needs addressing.

ROAD/RACE
What would you suggest to do to compensate for the magnaflow?

I'm about to install the Magnaflow 14829, but just the muffler and tip and leaving stock pipe. That's fine right?

I"m a big newbie in modding cars. :3
Old Jun 30, 2011 | 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaoscage
All four fit just fine
good because i want to buy the ralliart leather seats off ebay i heard they were good quality and their cheap now ill need the evo 9 rear leather seats pimpin.
Old Jun 30, 2011 | 04:14 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by deathsythe99
good because i want to buy the ralliart leather seats off ebay i heard they were good quality and their cheap now ill need the evo 9 rear leather seats pimpin.
sounds like a good plan BUT they were talking about the door panels , the rear seats don't bolt up or seat 100% ..... they will "fit" but not be perfect , kaocage can elaborate
Old Jun 30, 2011 | 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markmetivier14
I recently bought an evo 9 front bumper. I paid a total of right around 350 or so which was like 270 for the bumper and like 80 for shipping. I was fine with that price then they call me yesterday and said that shipping would now be 190 for apparently no reason. I cant say thats good customer service.
For piece of mind get the dimensions LxHxW and the weight call a few shipping companies and see what they say. You should find they are all somewhat close but there maybe one company that will be cheaper than the rest. We let our customers arrange their own shipping if they want that option if not we have about 3-4 shipping companies we deal with. Some are better than others when it comes to domestic shipping and others better international.....just call around but get the dimensions and weight.
Old Jul 4, 2011 | 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

resonators

i had a question on resonators whats the diffrence if its a 12" or 17" deeper tone maybe?
i was looking at getting a hushpower 2 resonator seince im getting custom piping done seince its cheaper than buying anywhere else im still debating on 3" or 2.5". i dont want to loose power because of loss of back pressure i also want it too sound good i just bought the obx headers and i need new piping because previous owner decided to weld everything on so rather just get everything new.
Old Jul 4, 2011 | 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markmetivier14
I have a 2004 ralliart and i put in a short ram intake and a magnaflow muffler with bigger piping and cut out the resonator. What would be the next upgrade to get for better performance, specifically more power?
wont it make it sound like crap if you cut out the resonator? like raspy?
also hows that kill mid range power?
Old Jul 5, 2011 | 06:46 PM

Someone mentioned that the 06 RA gearbox if from an Evo Viii? Obviously evo viii is AWD. So is it a same gearbox except they changed it to FWD?
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99
i had a question on resonators whats the diffrence if its a 12" or 17" deeper tone maybe?
i was looking at getting a hushpower 2 resonator seince im getting custom piping done seince its cheaper than buying anywhere else im still debating on 3" or 2.5". i dont want to loose power because of loss of back pressure i also want it too sound good i just bought the obx headers and i need new piping because previous owner decided to weld everything on so rather just get everything new.
I have done that same thing i have obx headers with custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. i did go catless and it was raspy as hell!!!!! i was another civic so i went back to the shop and put in a 21 inch resonator and it worked amazing i vids on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3uZ8tKLXo thats one i have several more but i love the sound of my exhaust now its crazy loud but i love it!
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 10:21 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

^^^^^

That sounds alot like mine, lol.... I have the ss headers, rrm downpipe, no cat, 22" magnaflow resonator , with rrm's magnaflow axleback.....loud , hell yeaahh , I have to keep it under 3k rpms so I don't get to much negative attention, or set off every car alarm within 1000 ft
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanceresx9
I have done that same thing i have obx headers with custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. i did go catless and it was raspy as hell!!!!! i was another civic so i went back to the shop and put in a 21 inch resonator and it worked amazing i vids on youtube thats one i have several more but i love the sound of my exhaust now its crazy loud but i love it!
ok but on the vid that sounds a little raspy is it not? so how if you cut the resonator out will it kill power? i have the obx muffler on it now and its deep i plan on getting the hushpower ll resonator 17" from summit racing. i already have a vibrant hi-flow cat and that alone made it sound way better than it did.
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
sounds like a good plan BUT they were talking about the door panels , the rear seats don't bolt up or seat 100% ..... they will "fit" but not be perfect , kaocage can elaborate
The rear door panels are a perfect fit, same door panels in evos/lancer all the way around. Rear seats and passenger seat do not fit in the 06 Ralliart, I had to do some modding to get them to fit. Front seats are worth it, but to be honest ralliart rear seats are way more comfortable than evo rear seats.
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaoscage
The rear door panels are a perfect fit, same door panels in evos/lancer all the way around. Rear seats and passenger seat do not fit in the 06 Ralliart, I had to do some modding to get them to fit. Front seats are worth it, but to be honest ralliart rear seats are way more comfortable than evo rear seats.
yea but it wont look as good as the 9 seats i told you guys that i wanted the ebay leather ralliart seats right?
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys if i buy a 3-bar map sensor will i benifit from it at all its off an evo.
Old Jul 6, 2011 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Not at all, 3-BAR MAP, means it can measure up to 3-BAR of pressure, roughly 30psi. Not sure if it measures between 0 and 30psi (0-3 BAR), or if it measures 14.7 (standard atmosphere at sea level) to 30psi (1-3 BAR), but i'm pretty sure it is useless unless you are boosted, and the ECU is modified to know WTF to do with the signal. Not sure how Hackish incorporates it into the tune, but it's useless for non-turbo applications.

JDM Evo, and USDM Evo X use a 3-BAR MAP

Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread