Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012 | 06:42 AM

im sorry. the muffler tip is 3.5. the inlet is 2.5
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 9, 2012 | 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
dude, with exhaust like that you will lose power...
You are 100% RIGHT. he will lose a ton of power. Stay at 2.25 inch max, N/A or Turboed.

ROAD/RACE
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 10:55 AM

so no high flow cat then?
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

i don't think it will be beneficial for a naturally aspirated engine...
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 01:03 PM

thank you. but id like to get more power. already looking into a cai. anything else beneficial?
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

the best intake mod you can do is RalliartN's intake mod, with like a K&N filter in the stock air box...the cost is minimal, and the plastic won't absorb heat like aluminum piping will...

as far as exhaust, go 2.25" max, and a free flowing muffler. Next i would go with a urethane engine roll stopper, and a tune. Bolt on mods will not give you huge gains, tuning will allow you to take better advantage of bolt on mods, but for dollar:horsepower ratio for bolt on mods is the shyts...in my opinion if you want any noticeable power gains you'd be better off boosting it, but that's also expensive, and a whole other can of worms...

It's a fairly powerful little car anyways, i recommend engine mounts, shift bushings, and coil springs, and sway bar...make the car drive and handle better, then worry about what route you want to take for power.
Old Mar 9, 2012 | 02:26 PM

thanks for the advice. im just starting to upgrade from stock parts and i really had no idea what to do.
Old Apr 3, 2012 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

i need o2 sensors by saturday so i cant have them shipped. do the es model's or oz model's have the same o2?
Old Apr 5, 2012 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
the best intake mod you can do is RalliartN's intake mod, with like a K&N filter in the stock air box...the cost is minimal, and the plastic won't absorb heat like aluminum piping will...

as far as exhaust, go 2.25" max, and a free flowing muffler. Next i would go with a urethane engine roll stopper, and a tune. Bolt on mods will not give you huge gains, tuning will allow you to take better advantage of bolt on mods, but for dollar:horsepower ratio for bolt on mods is the shyts...in my opinion if you want any noticeable power gains you'd be better off boosting it, but that's also expensive, and a whole other can of worms...

It's a fairly powerful little car anyways, i recommend engine mounts, shift bushings, and coil springs, and sway bar...make the car drive and handle better, then worry about what route you want to take for power.
so i'm thinking all i need is the k&n air filter for a starter intake mod? that's pretty neat
Old Apr 5, 2012 | 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

with the air box drawing air from down low, and also drawing air from more than just the stock locationg you'll pick up more dirtn so you'd be replacing your filter more oftem, but K&N's can be cleaned. They say they flow better than stock, but then which manufacturer are they referring to, when they make that claim.
Old Apr 10, 2012 | 04:55 AM

I used this but I think there should be something in here telling all noobs like myself that there are better ways to get parts that are cheaper and maybe a little list of things that are good deals or something you know? just a thought.. I know that I did check this thread out first and then went and bought a few things that I wish I would of looked around more for.
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

OZ Rally Wing/Spoiler on RA?

I've read and searched and red and searched some more and I haven't seen any ?'s or comments addressing whether or not a stock/OEM OZ rally rear spoiler will fit on an RA. I'm talking about the one with the pillar underneath the third brake light.

Also, I was wondering if the harness for the brake light is compatible with the one on the RA or would I have to splice and dice?
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 11:19 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

It will fit, but I'm not 100% about the light connection. I would think it would plug and play though. Do a search on the oz spoiler maybe you will find a picture of the plug to compare

Or ask Cranswick to check it out , he has an OZ and a Ralliart
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
It will fit, but I'm not 100% about the light connection. I would think it would plug and play though. Do a search on the oz spoiler maybe you will find a picture of the plug to compare

Or ask Cranswick to check it out , he has an OZ and a Ralliart
negative, my 03 is an ES wingless, soon to have OZ body kit, the wife didn't want the wing, but you are correct the dimensions will fit, but i can't confirm the electrical connection...

Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread