Notices

HID's... Any Ralliart Owners Got Em'?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2004, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HID's... Any Ralliart Owners Got Em'?

Lately, ive been seriously considering getting HIDS. I personally like the way they look and always wanted to get them. I even consider getting them on my old lancer but i swapped to a ralliart and well, i dont think anybody makes a kit for our car. Ever since i saw rigos HIDS (lookslikeanevo) and kareems (kareem@accolade) in person, ive been getting some thoughts about a purchase. It sucks when the jdm lancer cedia es gets HIDS stock

Anyways, i stumbled across this site and I was wondering if any lancer owners have dealt wit them.

http://www.xenondepot.com/index.php

i dont want bulbs, because after what people say (breaking after 6months to a year) its a waste of money. I rather just but a kit and install it. So has anybody had experince with these people? Do certain kits fit certain vehicles? Do the o2-o3 lancer HID kits fit the ralliart?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

I hope to have a response from a Japan dealership as the Japan RA's come factory HID's, so I'm waiting to see what I can do. When I find out I will post all the info.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

If the only reason you are staying away from the bulbs is because people say that they blow in a year, just buy the ones with life time gaurantees. I have had a few sets from ebay for diffrent cars, and when ever they died (usually around 2 years usage) the company had no problems sending me a new set. I just emailed them, sent the old ones, and got my new ones in about a week or two. I just kept my stock ones for that delay.
MUCH cheaper then full HID.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

I had a set of them on my civic, I couldnt see for crap in the rain and fog. I got it off ebay for like 250 bucks. Ive had my MTEC blue bulbs in since early april that I got off ebay and they are great. In my Tahoe ive had mtec blue bulbs in it for over 3 years and they still have yet to go out, so as far as bulb life MTEC has been the best so far.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
I had a set of them on my civic, I couldnt see for crap in the rain and fog. I got it off ebay for like 250 bucks. Ive had my MTEC blue bulbs in since early april that I got off ebay and they are great. In my Tahoe ive had mtec blue bulbs in it for over 3 years and they still have yet to go out, so as far as bulb life MTEC has been the best so far.
is that soooooo
i toooo have a set DIRECTLY from xenondepot not from EBAY
and i see perfectly fine in the rain and fog...so i dont know what you talking bout
Old Nov 28, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

i would like a review of one of these kits if anyone has one or gets one.........i would like to put them in my high beams in my evo.......picks would be great
Old Nov 28, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
i would like a review of one of these kits if anyone has one or gets one.........i would like to put them in my high beams in my evo.......picks would be great
theres no point in having HID for hi beam.

anyway arithmetic, xenondepot have great service. price is very fair
shipping is fast and you can ask Kareem all about that.
dont purchase HID off ebay, you dont really know what youre getting
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by azyan
is that soooooo
i toooo have a set DIRECTLY from xenondepot not from EBAY
and i see perfectly fine in the rain and fog...so i dont know what you talking bout

they were a no name brand and I figured all HID's were the same, so yes DO NOT GET EBAY CHEAPOS

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Nov 28, 2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by azyan
theres no point in having HID for hi beam.

anyway arithmetic, xenondepot have great service. price is very fair
shipping is fast and you can ask Kareem all about that.
dont purchase HID off ebay, you dont really know what youre getting
why is there no point for hi beam?.......i drive alot of back roads there are alot of deer i would like to see further down the road.......i have piaa's in for my hi beams but HIDs i could see alot more
Old Nov 28, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for any users?
Old Nov 28, 2004, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

my MTEC bulb messed up right before i went to the SD meet for SCLC, so lame, i mean.....i barely got them for 3 months, and it's gone.....i was thinking to get HID's also. just an info, there are HID's that mainly made from 3 countries. starting from the cheapest, China, Korea, then Japan. if u ever get the HID's, at least get the one from Korea. cuz the China one sucks like crap. (tho i am chinese, but **** it, quality counts)
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this topic is just answer the question the guy's askin about any one having HIDs. (=.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Just to clairify, there is HID and then there are Xenon Bulbs that are often refered to as HID on EBay. Any bulb you can just pop into you car is not HID. HID requires a special adapter that converts crappy car 12V into the 1000+V that HID's need. There is no such thing as a HID bulb that we can just pop into our cars. You have to have the adapter. That is why the kits are $200< and the blubs can be found for <$20.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

arith: joe(drummerjun) got his HID's from xenondepot.com great prodcut i saw it my self....i would suggest ordering from them. my HID's were definately one of my best mods i love it and having black housing sucks with regular bulbs. i see everything with my HIDs in rain and fog.

and for people using just bulbs i suggest getting new harnesses as they will melt with just bulb replacements
heres the link : http://store.racinglab.com/heavdutwirha4.html
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ So should I just buy the harness and the bulb or just buy the HID kit?

Quick Reply: HID's... Any Ralliart Owners Got Em'?