Notices

New 2005 Lancer Ralliart!!! Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2005 Lancer Ralliart!!! Mod Suggestions

HEy everyone I am lookin forward to gettinga brand new 2005 Lancer ralliart and kinda my first time moding up my car so just need some helpful tips and suggestions.
I have about 1 grand to spend any suggestion on the best upgrades i can add for the best performance and also lookin forward to getting a body kit any suggestions or should i not get a lancer ralliart 2005
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

RRM piggyback(450)-SRI(~100)...then i would do either the downpipe or rims& springs.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

you'll be more than happy with the ralliart...trust me! as for the mods....better tires, rear sway bar and perches from rrm, CAI, exhaust. the SS clutch line from rrm is supposed to be a great mod too. mine is on the way. anyway, i think that's a pretty good start.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:04 PM

ALso Lookin for a Full custom body kit for the lancer ralliart
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

heres a better way to put it

performance and handling= www.roadracemotorsports.com
aero styling = www.body-kit.com
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
heres a better way to put it

performance and handling= www.roadracemotorsports.com
aero styling = www.body-kit.com
doesnt have the prices for the body kits have any idea how much a full body kit would cost
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Get some better tires, the sway bar from rrm, the lower tie bar from PDXralliart and youve got a GREAT handling vehicle. As far as performance mods I cant say because i only have a short ram intake. And as far as aero styling, I would just recommend waiting until a major manafacturer makes one, because if you look through the forums about accolade and fitment and customer suport, you will see what I mean. But definitely go with anything from www.roadracemotorsports.com
Old Nov 29, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

i would get new tires
Old Nov 29, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

get engine mods first, CAI,downpipe,ECU, and exhaust, then looks.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt get the piggyback. Im sure its great but if I were you Id rather have the 10 year warranty instead...
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by arm07
I wouldnt get the piggyback. Im sure its great but if I were you Id rather have the 10 year warranty instead...
That depends, someone has already made a piggyback with connectors so you can remove it when you go into the dealership. With modding a car you have to either go for it or stay stock almost everything you do will void something.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:42 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Full body kits are pretty expensive. Contact accolade for a price quote (I think it varies depending on where it's being shipped to). Then on top of that you need to pay for paint and installation (if you don't do either yourself).
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt get the piggyback.
I'd say if you're looking to mod your Ralliart but keep it naturally aspirated, the piggyback is the first performance mod you should get. From every single review of it and the other common mods listed on here, the piggybacks provide a real, easily noticable performance increase, while the CAI/SRI and axle-back exhaust are mostly just for sound. That's not to say that there's nothing wrong with buying a mod that only makes your car sound better, but don't buy one thinking you'll get much of a performance increase.

Im sure its great but if I were you Id rather have the 10 year warranty instead...
CAI's, SRI's, and the like will also void your powertrain warrenty. Unless you're dishonest and take them off just when you visit the dealer...but you wouldn't do that, now, would you?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

I asked my dealer and they told me CAIs, SRIs and other minor mods wont void the warranty as long as they do the installation.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

First off, welcome to the community!

The real first step to go through with the RA is getting new rubber. The stuff that the RA comes with is crapy at best, especially the Goodyear RSA. Now, since you didn't get the car yet, it's best for you if you just negociate a swap with the dealer. Of course I recommand getting Pirelli's PZero (since they put a grin on my face every time I take a corner with them)... but any high-performance tires would do the trick.

Trust me, once you get good rubber under that baby, you're driving pleasure level will increase exponentially! Oh, and did I mention the Goodyear RSA is a crappy tire?

Once again, welcome to tha club man!

-

Quick Reply: New 2005 Lancer Ralliart!!! Mod Suggestions