Notices

CarbonTrix logo contest

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More color options and a couple of b/w schemes for stickers, etc:

As you can see, there are an infinite amount of color options available...which could also come in handy for stickers and/or personal color schemes.

Last edited by Ichiban; Oct 22, 2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

love it ichiban.....very 4th grade science class...
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1ChikDrivesStik
For the reason that he said "street garfiti artist" he gets bagged on. Im not expecting anything but toy material. Most people who do write graffiti, do not refer to themselves as "Street..artists", let alone graffiti artists...I know what im talking about, and Im not that fond of mear...he never really got up (had a rep on any street). Try real writers such as totem, dream (rip), Can2, sigh, ayer (rip), rei 21 and twister..who not only rock walls but also freights..

You should check out www.12ozprophet.com
Almost anyone into hip hop or graffiti knows about their forums..
Sorry off topic. And no disrespect meant drift...
My boyfriend is one of those kids in the art schools you speak of..
hmmmmm......

what crew you from ?....what you write... AWR MSK!
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
That last one is teh hotness. Perfect for the net, and very easy to make into a vinyl sticker (sans the graphic behind the X maybe) Awesome design.
thanks man....also the last one can drop the shadow ....it is all vector based so it can be cut in vinyl....geez you would think i do this for a living...

AND ... if you pick my logo ill throw in 1000 full color business cards for free!...
Old Dec 9, 2004, 04:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that's nice, but from marketing point of view as well as brand identification in import market, that's not going to fly.

Good idea, like the second one, but it's got to be a lot more clearer.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 04:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
thanks man....also the last one can drop the shadow ....it is all vector based so it can be cut in vinyl....geez you would think i do this for a living...

AND ... if you pick my logo ill throw in 1000 full color business cards for free!...
man, I can't offer you 1000 full color business cards for free! doh!

I could offer you my friendship to Road Race E and a comment about the RRE Galant VR4 -white that victor (drives evo 7 now) owns.

It's very fast and unique. I like it.

yeh, I didn't sleep last night, I was up all night doing Audi TT photoshop thing. I think I have an Insomnia.

Last edited by plokivos; Dec 9, 2004 at 04:45 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate chemistry but keep it up.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
i like that too
Yeah....that one is in my top 3.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
that's nice, but from marketing point of view as well as brand identification in import market, that's not going to fly.

Good idea, like the second one, but it's got to be a lot more clearer.
Don't take this as me being defensive, but show me a good example of a logo in the import market (or even the auto market in general) that goes by the premise, as I described, of association and recognition.

That's just my point...a logo should have associative qualities that trigger a response and/or memory that relate it to a product. Since this is all they do (C/F parts) that focus/design can be more targeted.

Where do we see that in the import market? Let's see...HKS? NO. GReddy? NO. Perrin? NO. Cusco? NO. Helix? NO. I can rattle off a whole list, but you get the point. The import market is full of logos that are just stylized names that have been pounded into our heads.

The best one I can think of, off the top of my head, that uses this design theory, is Brembo.

the 'b' is actually an integral part of the brake rotor looking logo. As well, the letters are slotted.

I appreciate constructive criticism, but don't blindly say it won't fly. You may have a different way of designing, but that shouldn't discount the fact that my design theory is solid.

Trust me, "imports" is one of the least creative markets when it comes to clever logo design.

I agree that it could be clearer, however. This was just an initial design...and some process information.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

I'd have to agree with the design therory however as student of marketing myself, the key to marketing any product is the consumer. You can have the best marketing and best logo with tons of money into the R&D and the product will still flop. RRM has a great product that is already selling well, just the Carbon Trix logo is a little weak. The product is already good. No matter what you change the logo to, the product market for it is so specific and the product so desireable to that market, that you could have no logo at all and it would still sell.

I agree with you about the import market having overall horrible marketing but its only come into fashion in the last 5 years and even still people are nervous about it being a 'fad' similar to the Uber Eco cars like Metro and Excel and Festiva of the early to mid 90's

Although from a geek standpoint, I think the molecular look is very well thought out and pretty damn cool.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ichiban
Don't take this as me being defensive, but show me a good example of a logo in the import market (or even the auto market in general) that goes by the premise, as I described, of association and recognition.

That's just my point...a logo should have associative qualities that trigger a response and/or memory that relate it to a product. Since this is all they do (C/F parts) that focus/design can be more targeted.

Where do we see that in the import market? Let's see...HKS? NO. GReddy? NO. Perrin? NO. Cusco? NO. Helix? NO. I can rattle off a whole list, but you get the point. The import market is full of logos that are just stylized names that have been pounded into our heads.

The best one I can think of, off the top of my head, that uses this design theory, is Brembo.

the 'b' is actually an integral part of the brake rotor looking logo. As well, the letters are slotted.

I appreciate constructive criticism, but don't blindly say it won't fly. You may have a different way of designing, but that shouldn't discount the fact that my design theory is solid.

Trust me, "imports" is one of the least creative markets when it comes to clever logo design.

I agree that it could be clearer, however. This was just an initial design...and some process information.

Relax yourself David Ogilvy, you are right about "recgonition", but your looking at it from a small point of view. Alot of the logos in the auto market are horrible, that doesn't mean that they all are. The best example is Hummer. Look at the logo are there "associative qualities" or is it simply a "sytlized name"? 90% of automotive is simply wordmarks and the reason being is that a wordmark is more regonizable (easier) than an enitre logo. Back to Hummer, there is no logo, just a word mark. Look at the product... LARGE and TOUGH. Look at the logo, thats what it depcits, and thats what the target prospect sees. Take a look around alot of the automotive logos are the same momo and injen are great examples of creative wordmarks that entice a feeling or thought (typically without you realizing it).

No one is saying your wrong, but before you attempt to educate the forum realize what your discussing. Plokivos is right, but hes right for a different reason. Take a look at your logo (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM) Your logo is very well thought out, and somewhat clever, but decrese it in size. Put it on a business card, what happens? Attempt to cut it with a plotter and make vinyl stickers, what happens? It doesn't reproduce at all. What's the point of a logo if it can't be used in every application? On a side note, while your logo is clever, it is weak. Think of carbon fiber, its strong. Your logo consists of all thin lines, what does that tell your prospect? 4 colours? Is RRM insanely rich? Think long term if everything they have to produce must be 4 colours what's the point? There advertising costs would go through the roof, just because of two added colours. Also the colours are weak there is no strength behind them. Colours entice feelings (Purple is royalty, burgandy is rich, etc.). Grab a colour chart from your local bookstore. They should have one that shows colours (Pantone and their CMYK makeup) and the feelings behind them. Look at the market your attemping to push this logo to. It's not going to register to them. Unforunately, our market has become more of a fashion show than anything else. Look at the people driving around town, there are more "ricers" in our market than there are actual "racers". This logo has to appeal to both. Thats the ****ty nature of business. While "racers" will do their research and only care about the product, "ricers" aren't the same. It's got to look cool.

Again this is not me cutting you down, just don't get so defensive. You obviosuly know something about advertising and branding. I'm sure that a little more work and brainstorming and your next logo would be bulletproof.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

WOW, what was once a friendly contest has now turned into a fierce competition.

Last edited by plastikpyro; Dec 9, 2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

David Ogilvy...LOL...that's cute.

1. I wasn't getting defensive. In fact, I specifically stated that.

2. I never said anyone was wrong. I also specifically stated that different people accomplish designs in different ways. I give that credit and expect the same. The reason for my follow up post wasn't to "educate" the forum as much as it was to further explain/reinforce my reasoning behind the scheme. That's all.

After all, this is a forum....and it was meant to open up a discussion; the point of it was to solicite replies.

3. 1 color vinyl could easily be produced...and for a minimal investment. If fact, I've had 4 color windshield banners (approx. 42" x 8") created for $20/each + $50 - 1 time setup.

4. The idea behind the thin lines is the elegance of it. Just as carbon fiber is thin strands woven to create a stronger whole, so is the logo and it's intended perception. Yes, it is not complete. That's why I stated that this was an initial design. It can use some polishing.

5. I agree with you about the fashion show thing, sadly. The intent of showing multiple colors was to get some ideas going, though. A study, if you will.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think this is a bad discussion at all.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:30 AM

Ichiban with the name regognition is what I was going for in all my logos adding a carbon fiber look. I like what you were doing with the idea as carbon as the element. But with your comparisons... brake company logo lookn like brakes, and tire company logo lookin like tires. Why not do carbon fiber lookin logo for a carbon fiber company.

EDIT
4. The idea behind the thin lines is the elegance of it. Just as carbon fiber is thin strands woven to create a stronger whole, so is the logo and it's intended perception. Yes, it is not complete. That's why I stated that this was an initial design. It can use some polishing.
if thats the case thicken out the connecting lines and turn them into carbon fiber. just an idea

Last edited by B|ing; Dec 9, 2004 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: CarbonTrix logo contest