Notices

SAFC on Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAFC on Lancer Ralliart

I was just wondering if anyone has attempted or suceeded in installing an SAFC controller in their Ralliart?? I was also curious if the wiring harness for the Evo would work with our cars? I am talking about the harness you can just plug into the SAFC unit to the ECU rather than splicing into the wiring.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

harness wont work im trying to install the afc not sure if itl like the current feeds instead of voltage but well see
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

I only have 1 question, what's SAFC????
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedygarcia
I only have 1 question, what's SAFC????
Super Air Fuel Controller

Basically it allows you to modify the air/fuel ratio.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

And does that thing works??? who's the seller and what's the price??

Thanks for the answer.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

widebody, let me know when you get it going. I am curious if will work with our cars. I also think it is a lot cheaper than the RRM piggyback.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

the reason why im using is cause u can change values with out laptop carrying around so its super more easyer to use, ive used emangage systems as well but prefer the apexi ease of use and its always there to change values when u want to. all u need is the apexi safc and a wideband o2 sensor and ur good to go well dataalogging one so u know where to add and take away fuel of course

thanks
Tory
Old Jan 4, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Just for the record here guys....for anyone **cough** ProjectR#69 **cough** that is looking at the SAFC ONLY because its cheaper then the RRM Piggy back then let me just advise you of ONE small thing.

YOU CAN SERIOUSLY SCREW YOUR CAR W/ THESE!! If you know what your doin' your fine...but these need to be tuned by people w/ LOTS of exp. Trial and error may seem like a good idea but you never know what can happen in the mean time.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

i tune vafc and safc , if you are in toronto i can help

-joe
Old Jan 5, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

REALLY?? I didnt' know that Joe....Got any deals on the SAFC then? That was my only REAL hang up.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

You cant tell me that nobody on this forum would want to save a few bucks!! That is not the only reason why would want the SAFC. Like what Widebody was saying you can adjust the values yourself without a laptop. With the RRM piggyback the values are already set. Lets say I go turbo, with the SAFC I can adjust the values for the particular application. I am sure with the RRM piggyback you can remove it and send it to RRM to have it reprogramed, but it seems to much of a hassle. I am not knocking the RRM piggyback, I will probably end up buying it. RRM has great products. I also like Apexi products (Vtec control and various mufflers) All in all if some writes up an install on the SAFC I would like to wait it out.
I know that you have to know what you are doing when you mess around with the values. The first person to sucessfully install the SAFC and fine tunes it, I am sure will let us all in on the settings to achieve optimal gains.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

projectR, you can retune the RRM piggy back yourself, just buy the software for $45 and you can change it all you want..

honestly if you compare the specs, the RRM piggy back is got a lot more potential than the safc / vafc .. in terms of the # of data points, and the fact that it can replace your MAF if you got the programming right, and they use that same piggy back in other turbo applications..

if i was to sink the time / effort / money into getting a safc working, i would just get the RRM unit

personally i am torn between the RRM unit and the Greddy Emanage..

-joe
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Id pick the RRM: Piggyback over the SAFC just because it comes ready. Why spend time trying to figure out if it works or not.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Well for one it can help you learn about your car, and it will give you some experience in tuning (assuming you don't have this kind of experience). But to be perfectly honest, on a car like the RA, I'd go with RRM anyway.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

You guys have a lot of valid points about the RRM. I guess that I am afraid of something stupid breaking on this car. Before I had this car I had an SRT4, it was a piece of ****. Stupid things were breaking on the car. The A/C went out about 5 times, the passengerside axle was going out and just other stupid crap. Later I find out that some of the car is made in Mexico. So I trade it for the Ralli. Anyways, sorry to go off topic, but I will probably pick the RRM Piggyback up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: SAFC on Lancer Ralliart