Notices

Differences between Ralliart and regular lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences between Ralliart and regular lancer

hey Guys... I just picked up a 2004 Lancer Ralliart at auction without knowing too much about it.

What body style is it considered to be into?
What years are part of the bodystyle [2000-2005?]?
Are there any other cars sharing the Lancer platform?

Also what is the main differences between a regular Lancer and Lancer Ralliart?

From what i could tell, a Ralliart has rear discs, 16" wheels, different spoiler, gauges and brushed aluminum trim inside, oh yah and different motor with Mivec :-)
is there anything different with the suspension?
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04-05 body style
4g69 engine. only lancer with it. 2.4L mivec.
larger engine, VVT, better clutch, slightly stiffer chassis than regular lancer. rides lower?

what did u pick it up for?
The following users liked this post:
Shane Gilbert (Apr 10, 2023)
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:51 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
More aggressive suspension (lower than base lancer, plus better struts). Ground effects kit (front and rear lip, plus sideskirts). Evo's short shifter, spoiler, UK Evo VII seats, "sport" exhaust, front strut bar, smoked headlights, altezza style tails, foglights
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by blk-majik
04-05 body style
4g69 engine. only lancer with it. 2.4L mivec.
larger engine, VVT, better clutch, slightly stiffer chassis than regular lancer. rides lower?

what did u pick it up for?
Hey. by 04-05 bodystyle you mean the car was completely redesigned for 2004? And so the 2004 models will not share most of their parts with any other Lancers before 2004 correct?

Also, any idea on how long Mitsu. is going to produce these cars (with this bodystyle)?

Reason I ask these questions...is because I bought the '04 wrecked (its not fixable, full rollover) and Im kinda guaging on who will be able to use which parts off it.

Oh..just in case your wondering how the Lancer body holds up in a high speed rollover..i'd say pretty good.. here you go:

Last edited by maxt; Jan 17, 2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: im a dumbass
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:06 PM
EvoM Administrator

Ahh, you're the one parting it out in the F/S forum, right?

The 04 is completely new, very little will transfer over to the 02-03 models. Interior seats will (fronts, and these are pretty desirable). Engine/tranny can be swapped with older models. No body parts will transfer (obviously not an issue with you) except spoiler, nor will headlights/tail lights. Springs might transfer to an OZ, but not entirely sure about that.

This body style should stick around for at least a few years, as it was just launched for the '05 year over in Asia.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:11 PM
EvoM Administrator

Oh, and supposedly the redesigned Neons (whenever they come out) are supposed to use this Lancer platform, though not 100% sure if this is true.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:18 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by otter
Oh, and supposedly the redesigned Neons (whenever they come out) are supposed to use this Lancer platform, though not 100% sure if this is true.
Interesting - at least Dodge is smart enough to be borrowing from the Mitsubishi parts bin and not the other way around
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

-white face guages
-wheels not only larger, but 5 lug instead of 4
-Ralliart sticker on rear
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

i have an es... and if i can find a car and the price is right i might just try to get a ra... the tan inerior and the 2.0 engine... im dyin here... im used to mid to top of the line products... dont get me wrong.. my car is fast.. but just not the best.. it sucks
Old Jan 18, 2005, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by otter
AHHHHHHH, now a comment my dealership owner made starts to make sense. He said that Chrysler had bought the rights to the Sportback and that it would be produced under the Chrysler banner. So maybe that is true.
Clark
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Diamler-Chrysler/Dodge has borrowed from Mitsubishi for many years. The whole Eagle lineup was straight Mitsu cars with new badging. Now that the Eagle name has been put to rest, Diamler has been using Mitsu cars with a little more "Stealth" (AKA 3000GT). Most of the mid-sized Chrysler/ Dodge cars are Mitsubishis with a little body redesign. Take a look at a Stratus next to an Eclipse sometime.... What I find funny is that you can sit in one of these cars and if you look close enough, you will see little Tri-Diamonds stamped on parts all over the place. One place to look is the Government warning tag on the seatbelt. There it is, plain as day. BTW, my wife now drives a 2004 Stratus, and she was telling me how she would "Never Drive An Import." (Her father works for Chrysler, so she will only drive Chrysler products.) When I found out about the Dodge/Mitsu switch, I just had to rub it in her face.
Ok, I think I have rambled on enough, I will shut up now...
L8R, Jay
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

How much for the mangled windshield wiper?
That looks decent for a high speed rollover......any idea how fast?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Shado
BTW, my wife now drives a 2004 Stratus, and she was telling me how she would "Never Drive An Import." (Her father works for Chrysler, so she will only drive Chrysler products.) When I found out about the Dodge/Mitsu switch, I just had to rub it in her face.
Ok, I think I have rambled on enough, I will shut up now...
L8R, Jay
that is funny!! I love her rationale for never driving an import, cause her dad works there... with multinationals, even driving a chevy or a ford means your most likely driving a car made in Canada or Mexico anyways.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha---my dad worked for Chrysler too (38 years!). And my last 2 cars have been Mitsu's!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Dad still works for Chrysler. Two of my last four cars have been Mitsus. The other two were an Eagle and a Plymouth.

Quick Reply: Differences between Ralliart and regular lancer