Notices

why did you buy a Ralli art?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why did you buy a Ralli art?

I was just wondering what influenced most people to buying a RAlli Art?
For me I read a canadian newspaper that came in some parts at work and the test article for the ralli art was in there. That guys test, sold me from there. it took me about two months to get one but I did.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 2000 Eclipse GT that had over 60k miles. I was out of warranty, had to get it smogged, registration was due, my tires were bald, I had already grenaded my tranny at 45k, and my rear suspension was starting to squeal from the rain, and I got hit by a Civic about 6 months before..

So I would've had to put a lot of money into the car in the near future. This was a "smart" decision for me. Insurance ended up being ~$200 cheaper, I can fill up with regular instead of premium, and I get ~5mpg more.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

I was stuck between a Spec-V and this. I initially was going to buy the specv but found out that they only came in manual. (I have 28 pins in my knee, so manual is definitely out of the question) Then I was looking at the sentra se-r, it was alright but the steering wheel had so many gadgets on it that it drove my crazy. Plus it was just too bland looking. I just happened to be walking by an evo when i saw the RA. I took it for a test drive, (and lets just say that the salesman and I REALLY tested it hehe) and found out it had a sunroof and infinity sound system and was relatively quick AND it had a nice little body kit on it, from there on I was sold.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i went from driving a '94 dodge spirit (the biggest pos there is) and i went to the dealerhsip and test drove a RA and as you can imagine the jump from a spirit to a RA is quite large....ive never been happyer with a car than my RA-
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Had a ****ty old Chevy (worse than any Spirit, trust me) and drove my sister's RSX. Obviously I loved it. We drove a few cars. I liked how tight and well made the RA felt. It was the last one at the dealer and someone put money down for it, but their financing fell through, so we got it.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

i had an 04 silverado and it was sucking gas like crazy...I was gonna get a used LS but as soon as I laid eyes on the RA (never heard of it till I went looking, mitsu didnt do a good job advertising at ALL!) it was love at first sight. I know its not the fastest or the sweetest looking car but it had what I wanted and that was it, I was gonna buy a scion tc but toyota didnt make it big enough for a 6'2" person, not enough leg room at all. I never even thought about the wrx, guess I should've at least test drove it, but oh well, Im happy!!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbradj
i had an 04 silverado and it was sucking gas like crazy...I was gonna get a used LS but as soon as I laid eyes on the RA (never heard of it till I went looking, mitsu didnt do a good job advertising at ALL!) it was love at first sight. I know its not the fastest or the sweetest looking car but it had what I wanted and that was it, I was gonna buy a scion tc but toyota didnt make it big enough for a 6'2" person, not enough leg room at all. I never even thought about the wrx, guess I should've at least test drove it, but oh well, Im happy!!
I didn't know either. I went there looking at eclipses, but didn't want to spend the top $ for a V6 and the 4 cylinders were too slow. Plus, I don't like the front end of them. He showed us an OZ, too slow. Showed us the RA, I liked it.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:53 AM

last year i started out the year with my 97 civic i had for the last 2 years before automatic non vtec was slow as ****.... so i wanted something faster and in may i got the itch and decided to get a new car... originally went for a celica gts but it costed an arm and a leg.... then they showed me a brand new car they had barely got delivered the corolla xrs and with all the options it actually was still about 3 almost 4 grand cheaper then the celica gts without all the options.... (was the first person in phx,az to have the car btw) and probably was the first to crash it to..... in july so i saved up again wanted an evo but i couldn't see paying more to have a car then what the car costs me itself which was my case with the evo with insurance and all..... So i test drove the RA and wah la.... I bought one (longer gears in the xrs, but my god whole lots more of head jerking torque in the RA which i loved) then a week and a half later some BI decided to run a red light and T-boned me.... totaled out.... save up again and couple months later in janurary of this year i bought my 05 RA... so i loved it enough to buy 2 i guess you can say
Old Apr 14, 2005, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

I had a 97 sentra (ga16de with auto tranny ) the tranny was starting to go out, the suspension all the way around need to be redone, ball joints, shock struts, you name it. It had about 150k and needed a lot of works so I decided to get a new car, I was actually looking at the scion tC, they are cool with a ton of features standard, plus we bought my wife an xB last August and had a really good buying experience. Before I was going to buy we found out she was pregnant and we needed four doors but I still wanted something with a little performance. I looked at the Spec V, ralliart and the corolla xrs and really liked the ralliart, plus it was a left over 04 so I got almost 5k off the price. I have not regretted buying the car yet, it is a blast to drive.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

I had a 93 Blazer & it was a pos... It was a money pit...
I had seen my buddies Lancer (omarboy25) you can see his post about the numbers he reached (308whp) and I fell in love w/ the Lancer and what they're capable of, even if it isn't an EVO
From researching it I noticed the newest model in the line-up the Ralliart... Took a look at it, drove it... BOUGHT IT...!!!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:51 AM

I was in the market for a wagon and the RA Sportback was the car that fit my budget. I looked at the Mazda 3 sport and Jetta wagon but I found that the Mitsu dealers gave me the best deal. It's also nice to know that I'm one of the only person in Vancouver with a Black RA Sportback.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

cuz I couldn't afford the WRX STi. I MEAN... because Mitsubishi rules baby!

Seriously, I like everything about the car... just wish it had a 6-speed. The warranty was a good selling point also... even though it seems like I'm doing everything in power to void it.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:39 PM

I had a 2000 prelude and it needed alot of work. I bought it used and someone before me beat the crap out of it or didn't maintain it. Carfax told me nothing either when I bought it. Soooo it needed a new tranny and some engine work cause it was burning oil too.

Now I have an RA and am very happy with it. It wanted an evo but doesn't everyone want an evo? It was in my price range, it looks good,warranty is great, free "semi scheduled" maintenance, good engine, nice stereo, and a mod friendly dealer. Could I go wrong? naahh
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I had an 02 ES. Absolutely loved the car... was browsing around online and saw reviews from the car show where mitsu debuted the prototype for the RA. It was love at first sight. I ordered one and had the keys to the first one one my area 4 hours after they got it off the truck... there was a delay cause I had to get off work first.

Its the fastest FWD N/A 4 cylinder built...gotta love it!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

A family friend sold their Nissan dealership and opened a Mitsu, so I went for a look. Couldn't afford an Evo and didn't want an OZ. Test drove an RA right off the truck and fell in love with the motor.

Quick Reply: why did you buy a Ralli art?