Notices

04-05 stock header and downpipe

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005 | 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

i want a after-market header now.
Old May 13, 2005 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

It doesn't look like anyone's jumping to make them...
It's not like the 02-03 Lancer's because there's no cat in our header...
So therefore it's not like an a/m header will help with serious power gains...
Old May 13, 2005 | 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

If you make the diamater of the 4 header pipes by a certain amount bigger, you can actually gain from it... a noticeable gain at that.
Old May 13, 2005 | 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I bet that the 2006 4cyl Eclipse will have the same header as the 05 Ralliart...it make sense to have the same "upgrade" header in both cars. By the way at local Speed shop in Puerto Rico the guys working there told me that DC Sports is working on a 4to1 header for the Ralliart engine and that more parts are coming for our cars because the same engine will be used for new 06 Eclipse.
Old May 14, 2005 | 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ThyPunko_PR
I bet that the 2006 4cyl Eclipse will have the same header as the 05 Ralliart...it make sense to have the same "upgrade" header in both cars. By the way at local Speed shop in Puerto Rico the guys working there told me that DC Sports is working on a 4to1 header for the Ralliart engine and that more parts are coming for our cars because the same engine will be used for new 06 Eclipse.
Hell, I wouldn't bank on it. That engine goes into the base Eclipse. You're looking at the same level of tuning interest that you'd see in a V6 'Stang or Camaro, both of which are primarily girl cars (new model Mustang exemption applies). The 4 banger Eclipse is not going to be a popular tuner car, mainly because it's a fatty (~3200lbs for the base model). The only way us Ralliart owners are going to get more parts for our cars is if it's popularity increases; it just saddens me that the Ralliart is one of the best budget Sport Compacts out there and nobody outside of this board seems to know about it.
The following users liked this post:
GoldenlemonRA (Aug 25, 2023)
Old May 14, 2005 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kericr
Hell, I wouldn't bank on it. That engine goes into the base Eclipse. You're looking at the same level of tuning interest that you'd see in a V6 'Stang or Camaro, both of which are primarily girl cars (new model Mustang exemption applies). The 4 banger Eclipse is not going to be a popular tuner car, mainly because it's a fatty (~3200lbs for the base model). The only way us Ralliart owners are going to get more parts for our cars is if it's popularity increases; it just saddens me that the Ralliart is one of the best budget Sport Compacts out there and nobody outside of this board seems to know about it.
Which is both good and bad... bad for support and "respect,"... good because nobody knows what our cars can do, and they think that it's just a regular lancer with a body kit.
Old May 14, 2005 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

and u guys find out about this now lol.... but seriously, try car-parts.com or part outs from wrecked ra's there may be deals here yet
Old May 14, 2005 | 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

so your pretty much saying that the 05 header is different than 04 so why not apply 05 header on 04 with RRM downpipe, that will work right? i never new myself that they were different but will we really gain anything cause they are the same numbers 04 and 05 so will there be a point in doing this? i was thinking about getting a custom header cause i know it can be improved.
Old May 14, 2005 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kericr
so ur saying that the 420a or 4g63t are to the v6 eclipses as the v6 stang is the gt? lol, i disagree. you can make much more power out of the 4cyl 2g and 1g eclipse engines than you can out of ANY of the 6cyl eclipse engines. the difference is that the eclipse engine bay is too small to fit the 6cyl and a turbo. you can SC it, but you lose much gain. with the 420a or 4g63t, you can use a very large turbo to get better performance for less.

however, you are right. the new eclipse will be pretty fat, but no worse than the 350z or 'skyline' g35, and they ahve great tunner support. people who wanted to buy a tunner car didnt buy a civic because its a good tuner car. they bought it because they see them modded all the time. same with the eclipse and the 3gs even sell well today to the nieve.

but, this turbo4 vs sc6 might not be the case with the 4g eclipse. I do doubt that you will be able to turbo the v6 3.8L MIVEC in the eclipse bay without very extreme bay modification, but SC technology has gone a long way.

regardless, you will see at least 3x as many 4cyl eclipses on the road as you will 6cyl eclipses in 2006. tahts why i dont think we have much to worry about aftermarket support. they want to sell lots of products, not a few quality products

Last edited by blk-majik; May 14, 2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old May 14, 2005 | 03:54 PM

Question

Originally Posted by reimundo
i have a 04 R/A and my friend has a 05 R/A. I looked at this header and he has a bigger header and a differnt shape. just think about it this way, if you have a 04 add a finger on one of the tubes of the header thats how big it is! now the down -pipe is a singal pipe and very big, not like are 2-1 on the 04's .
So nobody w/ an 05 RA has tried out the RRM DP. Because if this is true it would not fit right. I want to know because a friend of mine has an 05 RA and we were thinking of ordering the DP, but now i guess we will have to check if its possible idunno...
Old May 15, 2005 | 03:58 AM

Correct, I already tried to buy one, but where my header connects to my downpipe is different then the 04's you guys got 3 bolts, 05's got 2 springloaded bolts... I still haven't crawled under to see if the DP itself is different, i've had a both an 04 and an 05 but to be honest I didn't pay real close attention to either header on both, So I don't know if there is a difference, i'm off of work on the 18th if none has done so by then, I'll take off the heat shield and see if I can't get some pics of it all for you guys.
Old May 18, 2005 | 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

none of you guys know what the heck you are talking about...
i have a 2005 ralliart and the rrm fits perfectly and HAS 3 bolts not 2 w/ springs....

check you vin numbers as to were you car was built..
a completely made japan ra HAS the 4-2-1 3 bolt header (the best flow)
the US made lancer has the restrictive header (two bolt pattern)

and how do i know this

I SEARCH!

Last edited by PR_Mivec; May 18, 2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old May 18, 2005 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ENY2002
So nobody w/ an 05 RA has tried out the RRM DP. Because if this is true it would not fit right. I want to know because a friend of mine has an 05 RA and we were thinking of ordering the DP, but now i guess we will have to check if its possible idunno...

i have it and it fits perfectly
Old May 18, 2005 | 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PR_Mivec
and how do i know this

I SEARCH!
Where?
Originally Posted by PR_Mivec
check you vin numbers as to were you car was built..
a completely made japan ra HAS the 4-2-1 3 bolt header (the best flow)
the US made lancer has the restrictive header (two bolt pattern)
How can you tell from the VIN number?
Old May 18, 2005 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/pdf/05VINs.pdf for 2005 models

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/pdf/04VINs.pdf for 2004 models

and a neighbor is the master tech of a local mitsu dealer

Quick Reply: 04-05 stock header and downpipe