All of the above!
53.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

SPEC RA-400 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005 | 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Well, you know how people are... we like our bling too. Only you are impervious to the dark side man...
Yeah, and they'd probably charge more for the "Stealth" version of the package, which comes without vinyl graphics, 18" wheels, and a cf splitter.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

200 hp , 200 of torque for less than 1000 k .... with the lsd .... lsd alone is like 800 .... man it takes money to make hp ..... even more money when you're N/A ... people want power that comes in a kit ? .... just shop with RRM .... downpipe , exhaust , piggyback , intake manifold , cai ...... just put all these in instead..... u guys want to be unique , but with a kit , even limited edition or what not , u are not unique ...... make your own set up with all that is out there and then you will be unique...... anyways thats my opinion

Last edited by waxwozax; Jul 12, 2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't go this route, but if my car was stock I would have considered this. If you get a deal with Mitsu dealers, you could probably sit these in a showroom to help sell some cars
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to see something to that affect from a mitsu dealer. They could have performance parts you could buy so you wouldn't have to worry about your warranty getting voided. They should do something like Scion does where you can get an AEM intake from the dealer. If you want you can wrap it in to financing.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Smaller turbo 4-cyl than the evo, with about 220hp.. and a really beefy rally spec suspension with skid plates and all. That would be sweet. Make the thing almost so its off road ready. I haven't seen many cars at all yet from the factory that are off road ready.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by javastan
I would like to see something to that affect from a mitsu dealer. They could have performance parts you could buy so you wouldn't have to worry about your warranty getting voided. They should do something like Scion does where you can get an AEM intake from the dealer. If you want you can wrap it in to financing.
One of my brothers just bought a Suzuki Swift+ (hey, you can only buy what you can afford)... and he made the dealer order aftermarket parts and put them on his loan. It's usually not that hard to deal the parts into the deal...

But yeah, ModernRacer, you should put a kit together and then strike a deal with a local dealer. If it sells okay and customers are satisfied, you'll have a strong reference when you want to approach other dealers.

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
Smaller turbo 4-cyl than the evo, with about 220hp.. and a really beefy rally spec suspension with skid plates and all. That would be sweet. Make the thing almost so its off road ready. I haven't seen many cars at all yet from the factory that are off road ready.
A skid plate is a good idea. The turbo is another matter entirely... it's not that easy to put a reliable turbo kit together. A Toronto company tried their hand at it and their reputation is less than stellar right now...

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

A skid plate is a good idea. The turbo is another matter entirely... it's not that easy to put a reliable turbo kit together. A Toronto company tried their hand at it and their reputation is less than stellar right now...

-
Yea, I know what you mean with the reliability issue. I'm just talkin a little stronger engine made from mitsu, with a small turbo. Nothing generating excessive power so its unreliable. You might have to bump it down to around 200hp or 190.. Make it almost like a mini evo. That would be awesome.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

-

Yeah, as I said earlier, if I could get an affordable kit and gain bout 25HP I'd be happy. The important factor is the price. At the end of the day, I always consider the price versus the HP gain. I mean, if the kit came with N/A goodies that have the same effect I wouldn't care. I don't put too much premium on the pssssht sound...

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

def power.

Maybe 180-190hp and similar torque. I didn't vote for tires... but thats my next one.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

I voted for all of the above because I would definitely want the power as well as the unique look that a special edition Ralliart should have. I know that would get really pricey but the engine and wheels/tires would probably be the top priority for me if the price got really rediculous.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I dont think it would ever happen to the ralliart, money wise a dealer could make a "special custom edition" add intake, some cheep graphic on the side and a couple extras and add on a $2k price tag, so getting it done for 1000-1500 would never happen, And I have a feeling if they did they would make it comparible hp/tq to the evo. evo still has awd and turbo. I would spect the extra price would be around $5-8k(CDN)
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

-

I personnally think a special edition selling for an additionnal 4K$CAN (roughly 3K$US) would be a big hit. If it gives the RA 80 more HP and still keep it way under the EVO pricing (a car we don't even get over here anyway).

For 5K, they could offer a full package including aero mods, 80-90 +HP power mods (turbo, SC, whatever), a bit stiffer suspension and really thight wheels and tires. A Special edition RA would still woop most of the competition's collectives as$es for the price. I mean, it would be in the turbo Neon's price range (oops, SRT-4, sorry about that ) but be a real car instead.

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

-

I personnally think a special edition selling for an additionnal 4K$CAN (roughly 3K$US) would be a big hit. If it gives the RA 80 more HP and still keep it way under the EVO pricing (a car we don't even get over here anyway).

For 5K, they could offer a full package including aero mods, 80-90 +HP power mods (turbo, SC, whatever), a bit stiffer suspension and really thight wheels and tires. A Special edition RA would still woop most of the competition's collectives as$es for the price. I mean, it would be in the turbo Neon's price range (oops, SRT-4, sorry about that ) but be a real car instead.

-

HAHAH the ultamite come back to any srt-4 driver, .. "It's still a neon"
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

-

Yeah... I still can't get exited about that turbo Neon much more than if they hooked up a turbo to a Lada...

BTW: Lada did compete in the WRC at a time, didn't they?

-