Wheel & tire pkg's
19.74%
All of the above!
53.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

SPEC RA-400 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005 | 01:50 PM

Yes lada used to compete in wrc but I think they pulled out around 2k or maybe even before.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

Yeah, I think I like the idea of a turbo Lada better than a Neon then...

Damn, I can be so mean sometimes... and no remorse even!

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Hey, meanwhile Kevin is getting his numbers in! You guys voted like crazy!

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

well what i would to do is build a kit that doesn't need to be produced by Mitsu but somehow be authorised by Ralliart inc. to put geather a Kit that would give a Ralliart or OZ some originality. What mean by that is to have limitted production kit built in 1 year such as,example i would put togeather some kit's and they would be all numberd and documented, so in turn you would recieve say? the following

(this is only idea for now)

Ralliart 2004

-Turbo Kit
-Wheels & tires, limmited edition
-Front door graphics & dash emblem with a special number stampped on it like #001 for that modle year for a total of 200 kit's.
-slight body apperence kit.
-Certificate of authenticity by Ralliart Inc.

and so on, the possiblity's are endless really, i would like to still make it affordable.
i still have some homework to do yet.........but thanks to all of you for the ideas.

Keep'em comming!
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

OK, this seems to be getting alittle out of hand. The Ralliart IS the special edition. Remember that. It will prob never happen for Mitsu to make a special edition for their special edition. Esspecially if it puts it anywhere near the glits and glamour of the Evo. I think an aftermarket company making a kit is great... hell, I'd prob be right there in line for one, but dont expect Mitsu to have anything to do with it, other then maybe Canadian dealers who are Evoless.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wrecked
The Ralliart IS the special edition.

So where does that place the EVO then??? It's a specially limited special edition of the Lancer???

The RalliArt is to the EVO what the ES is to the RalliArt... and if there has been a special edition of the EVO, why can't there be a special edition of the RA???

And I once again urge you to let the EVO aside for a minute... and go back to a little calculus.

EVO = 271HP = 4x4 = 32K$US (right?)

RA = 162HP = 2x4 = 18K$US (top)

RA special edition = ~200HP = 2x4 = 22K$US

Now, do you see the place in the market that a special edition RA would occupy? So yeah, it would sell like hot cakes up here... but it would also sell like crazy down in the States, I don't even have a doubt about it. Once again, if they can sell a Neon with a turbo, then surely they can sell a good car with the same HP for the same price.

-
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ModernRacer

Ralliart 2004

-Turbo Kit
-Wheels & tires, limmited edition
-Front door graphics & dash emblem with a special number stampped on it like #001 for that modle year for a total of 200 kit's.
-slight body apperence kit.
-Certificate of authenticity by Ralliart Inc.
Keep'em comming!
I dont think they would make it a turbo, that would put it side by side with the evo, if mitsu ever did a special editon Ra they would put it close to the evo but not turbo. And I think if they were they would do something like mazda does, and the end of the models life make a special edition like protege mazdaspeed and miata mazdaspeed.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
So where does that place the EVO then??? It's a specially limited special edition of the Lancer???

The RalliArt is to the EVO what the ES is to the RalliArt... and if there has been a special edition of the EVO, why can't there be a special edition of the RA???

And I once again urge you to let the EVO aside for a minute... and go back to a little calculus.

EVO = 271HP = 4x4 = 32K$US (right?)

RA = 162HP = 2x4 = 18K$US (top)

RA special edition = ~200HP = 2x4 = 22K$US

Now, do you see the place in the market that a special edition RA would occupy? So yeah, it would sell like hot cakes up here... but it would also sell like crazy down in the States, I don't even have a doubt about it. Once again, if they can sell a Neon with a turbo, then surely they can sell a good car with the same HP for the same price.

-
Personally, I dont even put the Evo and RA in the same catagory. The Evo, to me, has no little brother like the ES has a big brother. They are to diffrent. Ya, they share a few minor things, but its the big stuff that puts it in a league of its own; Turbo, AWD, body, brakes and wheels... that kind of stuff. I think making an option to get a car that is becoming competition with there own flag ship Evo, would not happen. Its just not good business sense.
Just my thoughts.
Old Jul 12, 2005 | 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

just wondering, what's does FQ stand for?
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

-

F*cking Quick... or so the legend says.

-
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rocketman
...a special edition like protege mazdaspeed and miata mazdaspeed.
...which are turbo cars, right?

-
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
...which are turbo cars, right?

-
You got me there,.. but they are also smaller engines I think 1.6l or a 2l
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

-

Anyway, turbo or not, my point was that you can easily position a special edition RA in between the standard RA and the EVO... I mean, the RA won't hurt EVO sales anyway, it's never gonna be in the same category. A special edition would make the enthusiast go crazy though... and the journalists would stick to it like flies to you know what. And as you may know, that's how you build a reputation...

It's a shame that Mitsubishi themselves would never consider such a concept though... they wanna cut expenses, not add more. And whereas independant vendors might take 6 months to design and test a performance setup, manufacturers will take at least a year... considering the fact that it has to be perfect as far as reliability and safety goes.

-
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

2005 MAZDASPEED MX-5 Miata Features
Engine 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve inline-4
IHI turbocharger with 8.5 psi maximum boost

MAZDASPEED Protegé Specifications
Engine 2003 2003.5
Type 2.0L DOHC Turbo (170 hp and 160 lb. ft torque)

MAZDASPEED Protegé Pricing
Model Year TRANSMISSION MRSP
MAZDASPEED 2003 5 Speed Manual $26,995
MAZDASPEED 2003.5 5 Speed Manual $27,595

2003 Protegé Pricing
BODY STYLE TRIM TRANSMISSION MRSP
4 Door Sedan SE 5 Speed Manual $15 795
4 Door Sedan LX 5 Speed Manual $16,750
4 Door Sedan ES 5 Speed Manual $18,995

Just for refrence point, and 8k difference

Last edited by rocketman; Jul 13, 2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2005 | 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

-

Yeah, I think it's a bit extreme... but they also have no car in that range over these models. So they went a bit further with the modding.

But it's a good reference though. That means that if they put around 4-5psi to the RA and went easy on the rest of the mods, the package could be kept under 5K$CAN / 4K$US...

I honestly think I'd have gone for such a package too if it had been offered... I mean, 27K instead of 22K to drive a 200HP car instead? I'd sacrifice on many other things to be able to get that...

-

Last edited by WoRkZ; Jul 13, 2005 at 09:28 PM.