Notices

knocking noise on the drivers side after accident

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
knocking noise on the drivers side after accident

well .. an old lady backed into my car about a month ago and it is still in the shop .. its a huge ****ing nightmare, but anyways, the car was still drivable after i got into the accident and ive noticed a knocking noise on my driverside wheel after i go over a speedbump, back out of my driveway, or just drive over any small bump, road imperfection ... i got a chance to drive her the other day for a quick second and still noticed the same problem..i was just curious as to what the problem could be, and if it would still be covered under warranty even after the accident
Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was any of the frontend suspension damaged? I have a knock too, but it is after lowering with progress springs. I am having the dealer look at it on Tuesday. I suspect the drivers side strut is broken internally, because I have checked everything else under there. I will update you as to what they find... could it be that we have the same prob?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

tie rod and steering rack went on my car. They replaced the inner and outter tie rod, then decided to get rid of the whole steering rack... I had a clunker like no other
Old Jul 17, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

im not sure of there was any damage to the suspension itself, i know part of the fender bent all the way in and actually touched part of the spring, every time i made a right turn i would hear it, but now since the fender is fixed, i still get the knock, so i suspect that there might be some suspension damage
Old Jul 17, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same problem and I haven't changed anything about the car. I have not figured this problem out either. I hope one of you guys can figure this out cause I need the help too. I have took mine to the dealer and they could not find anything.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

have them check out the tie rods or steering rack.. that's what was causing me my problems...
-Lee
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

My right side front strut blew, it was leaking everywhere. This seemed to happen after I lowered it, but they still covered it under warranty because they said that the amount of lowering still kept the strut in its normal working peramitters. The service fella also said that they had seen a few strut problems as of late. That is what I am hoping is causing the clunk I have.