Old Aug 3, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
about 275
Old Aug 3, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

-

Well then, the EVO wheel would be a better buy until somewhere around 350-375$ IMO (not even considering the insurance and legal issues).

-
Old Aug 3, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

You guys worry too much IMHO. First of all, the legality issue shouldnt be a big factor. Because 9.99 times out of 10 IF you get pulled over the cop wont give two sh*ts about your steering wheel. (But there is always a chance) About the only time you would have to worry about the legality is when you take it in for inspection, first of all you are an idiot thinking you can pass a LEGAL inspection (not a side job ) with an aftermarket steering wheel. Unless you get some inbred who doesnt know a steering wheel from a car seat. Steering wheels can be changed out with a little bit of time. The only true thing to worry about is very serious front end collisions. But even then, if we get into a front end collision in our cars, we're pretty much worm food as it is.

Oh and I forgot to mention another thing that may be worth thinking about, and thats IF you ever got into a wreck and your skull is shattered in a hundred little pieces by your SW and your insurance company finds out that you had an aftermarket steering wheel in your car, good luck trying to get them to cover you. (Unless you're dead)

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Aug 3, 2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
You guys worry too much IMHO. First of all, the legality issue shouldnt be a big factor. Because 9.99 times out of 10 IF you get pulled over the cop wont give two sh*ts about your steering wheel. (But there is always a chance) About the only time you would have to worry about the legality is when you take it in for inspection, first of all you are an idiot thinking you can pass a LEGAL inspection (not a side job ) with an aftermarket steering wheel. Unless you get some inbred who doesnt know a steering wheel from a car seat. Steering wheels can be changed out with a little bit of time. The only true thing to worry about is very serious front end collisions. But even then, if we get into a front end collision in our cars, we're pretty much worm food as it is.

Oh and I forgot to mention another thing that may be worth thinking about, and thats IF you ever got into a wreck and your skull is shattered in a hundred little pieces by your SW and your insurance company finds out that you had an aftermarket steering wheel in your car, good luck trying to get them to cover you. (Unless you're dead)
That was the MAIN point I was getting at. Insurance companies are so retarded these days and you can't do anything about it.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

Same here... but that's why they made BLKRalliArt04 a moderator and not us. He uses gore to get his point across better than anyone. I can almost smell burnt flesh...

-
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

its all about the $$$ for the insurance, if they can get out of paying they're gonna do it... i could only see this happening if you file a claim for head injuries but wtf do i know.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

I cant get my damn steering wheel off!!! the side allen bolt that holds it in wont budge!!! anybody know how to bust that nut? and what size allen their useing and how they have the strenght to do it???????
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

-

1- WD40

If it doesn't work...

2- Screw removal bit (bites into the screw)

Still doesn't work?

- Drill the crap out of the screw (but be careful not to drill the threads)

You'll have to find a replacement screw of course...

-
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04Art
I cant get my damn steering wheel off!!! the side allen bolt that holds it in wont budge!!! anybody know how to bust that nut? and what size allen their useing and how they have the strenght to do it???????
go to the store and get the right size allen to use w/ a ratchet, use the big one to give you some torque... should come off like butter.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

I GOT IT OFF!! thanks to the hook up at firestone. AND HOLY ****!! the evo 8 wheel is soo ****ing nice and clean!!!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Pics???

-
Old Aug 4, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

the evo wheel is now on my wish list!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

i got lucky, i got myne from a guy here on evo M for 150 plus shipping, and it came with airbag!!!! f u ck ebay and selling them for 500+$ evo m is my hero!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:00 PM

**** the air bag get 4pts and you do not want to touch that thing in an accident...it burns, instant sunburn, but hey some aloe vera and vuahlah instant tan. i just leave the light on in mine doesnt bother me any nor any passengers
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04

take the wheel and say whats a steering wheel...and whats this airbag you speak of?...sounds fun...i can play on ur airbag this saturday...im off of work

Quick Reply: After market steering wheel/SRS light