Notices

my 04 ralliart vs 00 civic si

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeh i wouldnt wory to much if that guys car is stock..ive beaten a few SI's that have intakes, exhausts and headers..just launch right and shift good thats all.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, the ralliart WILL beat the civic unless you screw up. You should get some practicing in before you race him.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ProjectR#69
You will beat him, the Ralliart has more torque!! I have raced a couple Si's and I have beaten them a few car lengths.
Ralliart is also heavier.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiroboi
Yeah, the ralliart WILL beat the civic unless you screw up. You should get some practicing in before you race him.
dont count on it, i had a si before i got my evo and the are quick and light and i beat a ton of cars that believed I never should have had a chance.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

-

Yeah, I almost got beaten by a VW Golf ( ) the other day (oh, uh... on the track of course)... just because of that "grinding" from 1st to 2nd when you shift too high on the rev band (6000 RPM). I got really pissed by that...

3 synchros on 2nd gear, hun? Imagine if there were only two...

-
Old Oct 3, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah... I have that same problem... that's what I would be careful of... if you are gonna beat an SI you better use all of your car... so be careful on that 1st to 2nd shift...
Old Oct 3, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

i've raced many SI's "at the track" lol but we always pull on them. dont get me wrong i love SI's and i woulda got one over my ralliart but our car is faster. our top end kills them. u could have a horrible start and still catch em right around the end of 3rd gear shifting into 4th.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

i raced my friend's si(skunk cams, header,exhaust, intake, hondata etc), with my other friend's RA which was stockand killed him top end.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

I would tend to think that any modded Civic would still lack in the torque department too... the first 2000 RPMs will hurt them a bit. Plus, our first gear feels even shorter than the Honda/Acura's but our 2nd gear makes the best out of the better torque. From 2500 to 4500 the Honda engines are great... but we have great HP in that zone too, expecially from 3500 up. Passed 6000 the 2.4l power tends to fade fast while most Hondas/Acuras will continue pulling strong all the way to at least 6500. So it's all down to gearing once again... and what kills them is that 4th and especially 5th are short and the car pulls very nicely between 60 and 90 Mph.

I should know, I traded an Integra in for the RA... There's no going back for me.

-
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nastyevo8
dont count on it, i had a si before i got my evo and the are quick and light and i beat a ton of cars that believed I never should have had a chance.

I'm not saying the SIs are slow but there are wayyy too many documented cases on here of Ralliarts beating civics. Its USUALLY the case but it dosen't mean that if he screws up and the civic has a better driver that it coudln't win. Its a drivers race but the ralliart has the advantage here.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

-

True that... and I've never missed a shift with the Integra, compared to the RA with which that infamous 1st to 2nd shift is often making me mad. If it wasn't for that specific problem, I wouldn't even think twice before challenging any Civic and/or base RSX. must admit that this RSX type-S I still find quite intimidating... maybe it's all in my head though, but I fear my driver's ability will not help make my RA faster than that car...

-
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

I tend to shift early in first, the higher you go, the riskier it is. Its so embarassing when I grind second, especially if i'm trying to hotshot it around an old couple in a buick.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

... yeah, imagine the face I must have made when I grinded 2nd beside that old Golf when the idiot driving it was already thinking he actually had a chance! I was like WTF! Would you @#*$#... [frantically looking to get the 2nd gear in while the revs come down, old beaten Golf gaining 3 cars lenghts, gear finally goes in]... already?!? Would you please act like a real car and catch that sad excuse for a beater now?! Zooom!!!

-
Old Oct 3, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea you should beat the si... butwe need to get ahold of rob at RRM at get him to make something to fix that 1st-2nd gear problem ASAP
Old Oct 3, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

-

That engine dampner one of the vendors is (very slowly) working on could cure it... I might get it when it's out (if the price is right).

-

Quick Reply: my 04 ralliart vs 00 civic si