Notices

question about ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO MR
hey thanks everyone who respoded to the thread... still not quite sure what we are going to do but this has helped us some... thanks again... oh yeah and does anyone have any kind of insurance quotes they could throw out there at all? also is there any recalls that are known about the 05 ra? yeah the reason it is so cheap is because it will be under a restored title but it's from a reliable place that my wife's family has bought cars from for years and so we aren't too worried about the work.... so if you have any other comments please let me know! thanks
25 years old living in maryland and have an accident and 2 speeding tickets paying 160 GEICO

Last edited by ralli_cros; Oct 25, 2005 at 04:17 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I pay less insurance-wise for my Ralli than I do on my wife's OZ Rally, probably thanks to ABS and side airbags.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 04:04 PM

side impact answer

I owned a '03 Lancer ES (same framework pretty much) that was in a side impact. My then-wife was driving and three passengers were riding in the car when a SUV ran a red light and hit them on the driver's side. My wife and shotgun passenger escaped with minor brusses. The rear passengers were hospitalized overnight and released the next day. Nothing perminant.
I also owned a '05 Ralliart that went airborne, rolled, and went into a concrete ditch about 5' deep (my fault this time). I'm not gonna tell everyone how I did it (if you wanna hear the story PM me) but both me and my passanger (who wasn't wearing a seatbelt) got away with almost no problems (his leg hurt for a couple days, no hospitalization). Look at the pictures of the aftermath below.
My overall analysis: This car is a life saver!!! BTW, neither car had side airbags and the front airbags didn't deploy (the weren't supposed to in those situations)
Attached Thumbnails question about ralliart-black-ralliart-wreck-back-.jpg   question about ralliart-black-ralliart-wreck-front-.jpg  

Last edited by Sexy Dex; Oct 29, 2005 at 04:44 AM.