Notices

My few minutes of glory in the Road Race Ralliart...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is the first Sportback ive seen on here actually it looks sweet tho man, good luck with the turbo!!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

That's really cool that you got to drive the RRM car... I'm jealous... I remeber when you first posted pics... I like your car... I think the rims were a very good choice... do you still ride on that bent rim?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:24 PM

Hah dude hell no. They actually replaced the bent wheel for me for free, I had to pay for a tire. The reason was because in the end, it turned out they sold me one wheel that was the wrong offset, and when we pulled the bent one off (fluke it was that one) THe offset stamped on it was wrong - and my tire had been totally chewed by the shock tower.

No, it's no longer FUBAR and I'm going to take some new pics today after I wash it.

Mad!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

That would look good if you didnt have those hideous 19 INCH CHROME RIMS. I think its absurd enough when people throw on 18"s, but you did 19"s!! Plus they are CHROME which I dont think blend well on a car other than a "luxury vehicle" Its cool that you are turboing it, but those rims gotta go. Chrome rims on cars like ours just dont blend if you ask me.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 05:30 PM

I have to say I disagree. A black wagon doesn't look good with Hyper Black or Gunmetal wheels, and the painted stock 16" ones look so cheap IMO it isn't funny. The HB or Gunmetal wheels look too cheap on the car. The 15" wheels on the stock OZ are even worse. Unless you are racing a lot and want serious light weight, which we all know we don't do in these little cars, righ? ;-)

Trust me when I say I looked at a LOT of different wheels before I settled on these. The only reason I'm considering moving down to 18" wheels is to go with some ultralights. Otherwise I like a wheel that fills the well. Too much sidewall and the roll and travel really gets to me, but you'd have to see how I drive to understand what I mean on that. :-)

Mad!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Hey! your car looks really good, I like it ! I'll like to see it on a sunny day and more pictures !. Congrats to you!
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks man. I took a ton of pics yesterday after I had it detailed. I'll be posting them on my website in the next day or so when I have some more time.

Laters

Mad!
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

i cant stand wagons in general but yours just looks effing pimp dude... im likin the rims too
Old Nov 13, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I like those Rims, they look really good on your car.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Car looks great!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:33 AM

The way you drive your transmission: "Like an auto..." Isn't that bad for it. I really don't know, I had someone tell me that once but they could have been blowin smoke up my butt. But I was forced to get an auto and it would make me feel better if I could drive it like that without worrying about destroying my tranny.
BTW: I love your car - the rims are too flashy for my tastes but differant strokes for differant folks
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I green with envy. Your Sportback looks Great. I thought the Evo 8 kit looks hot. And your getting the Turbo, Urgh! I'd kill to get the turbo!

Great, I just turned green. I look like the Hulk. I hope your happy. (LOL) Wait a minute you have the cool Sportback of course you're happy. I'm the one who has a stock one.

Anyway congrats, your Lancer sounds great. I wish I could see it and drool over it in person.

-Joe

What kit are you getting?

Last edited by Joe Cool; Nov 14, 2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add question
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone want a sportback? The 2004's are two for one here brand new!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Anyone want a sportback? The 2004's are two for one here brand new!
I'd be interested in that. I already have one. Does that mean the other one is free?!