Notices

My few minutes of glory in the Road Race Ralliart...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My few minutes of glory in the Road Race Ralliart...

Yo eh!

So I'm down from Canada kickin it with some family in Torrance, and working on a ton of mods for my 2004 Ralliart Sportback. RRM is closeby, and I've been there a few times - today was a bit different.

Now consider, the canadian spec on the sportback is a bit more power than the US model because of lighter emission controls. The benefit I've seen is obvious, even when you compare what used to be my stock RA SB against a Ralliart 5 speed sedan.

So while I'm waiting for a frigton of new parts to be installed, they throw me the keys to the Silver shop ralliart. Needless to say, now that they are running a 7 pound boost, this car is sick.

A buddy of mine drives a canadian SRT-4, it's fast, but in all seriousness this turbo RA would smoke it, hardcore. I have to say, there is no question the turbo for the RA from RRM is a monster.

So now...I am putting some dough down and trying to be the first turbo wagon. Anyone want to take on that run with me that has a sportback too?

My ride: tway.way-web.com/lancer.html <-- BEFORE the new mods. More pics to come soon! (...and new body kit..Accolade kit is not cutting it anymore, but you can see an old post of mine if you want to know all about that BS)

Mad!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Needs more chrome
Old Nov 10, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

I LOVE waggons
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Why the luxury wheels?

Love the wagon though.......
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:31 PM

Talking

I went with 19" chrome because I love the "on-rails" feeling of very little sidewall roll, and honestly, the straight black car looks silly and cheap with any other wheels. The stock wheels were too small for me and had FAR too much sidewall roll, even with 50 series Toyo Proxes on em.

I've updated my ride page to show all my new mods now. Have a peek. I'll be changing the exterior soon, but it's a last item. I'd like to leave the wagon as a sleeper for now.

Hey, question, where do guys with lancers/decent cars hang out or gather in the Torrance/Long Beach area in CA? I just moved here and I'm looking to check out some nice rides.

Mad!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

I think he was talking about RRMs turbo Lancer. Guess you liked it huh?
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

I really don't like wagons in particular. But I have to say, yours looks really good!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wagons arent my fav, but yours def turned my head! nice job
Old Nov 10, 2005, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guess you liked our car though huh?

ROAD/RACE
Old Nov 10, 2005, 09:52 PM

Ya mon. I'm definately going to dump a turbo in my ride when I recoup from today's wallet mashing session..oh wait, I have to come back tomorrow for more parts...crap! Haha.

So yeah, see you tomorrow and the new brakes are seriously phat. Took about 100 miles to burn them in and now they stop like the fookin roadrunner!

Mad!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:08 AM

Luv the pics.

Is that a CF hood? Where did you get it?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

I gotta admit, that is a nice Sportback.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

I have one thing to say about you getting to drive RRM's ralliart. You are one lucky bastard. Nice sportback by the way. I looked at those but I wanted a five speed, that was one thing I was not going to comprimise on.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Same here... I would have loved the extra space, but can't stand auto trannies. But the car looks good man!

-
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:05 AM

Talking

Hey all. Yep that RRMTurbo is just killer. That will be my next addition with no questions asked.

I went with the auto for two reasons:

1. I had (left) knee surgery the DAY I bought this car. I sold my 1987 325is for this thing. (It was HEAVILY modified and a manual tranny)
2. I needed the space - I'm a computer consultant and I carry around tons of gear usually. Let me say that 3 24" High Def Screens don't fit in a sedan with other stuff :-)

The auto tranny isn't so bad if you learn how to shift it manually, and in reality, over 65mph the auto will rock the socks on a normal MT, the reason is the torque converter - run the auto to max RPM in 3rd gear, then slap it into 4th (D hehe) and let the torque converter take over, the car pulls hard enough to surprise most people, and it takes me right to the rev limiter before it feels even a hit of losing power. I am sure you know how fast that is. I've tested this against MT Ralliarts and in the top end they can't keep up. The bottom end is where they get me - and why I am modding the wagon...

Back to RRM today for more parts!

Mad!