Notices

So your sitting at MMNA headquaters in the boardroom...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully they dont send over a coupe or 3 door. They have 18"s as options on eclipse GT's but look at the price of a new GT, its nearly 30 grand. Even with the base 17 inchers the price is still insane. My thoughts would be they would want to keep the evo better than the RA in almost every way, and putting 17 inchers as STANDARD on a RA MIGHT no be in their best interest. But they COULD make them an option. But yeah 17"s would certainly be sweet, but in reality, i dont THINK it would happen.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
Even with the base 17 inchers the price is still insane.
Huh? An Eclipse GS with 17's and a 5 speed starts at 19,400 compared to 19,000 for a 5spd RA. The cost of alloys and tires today pretty much make sthe cost difference between 16's and 17's neglibile. I was just using 18's as an example that they will/can put bigger wheels and tires on a car that doesn't have to be an Evo. I realize the best performance will probably come from a 17" tire and that 18 is more for style, but they could certainly afford to put 17's on an RA this time around.

Last edited by GPTourer; Dec 13, 2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with you, but I think if that were to happen, they would make 17" an option, not standard. Trust me, id much rather prefer them to be standard, but im trying to think from a developer's POV.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay. Maybe Ralliart will offer both 17, and 18" upgrades. Hell, I saw 20's on Scion tC's that looked normal. Those cars' wheelwells are huge.

AWD is currently only available in Japan on Lancers with the smallest engine (1.5L n/a) and CVT trans.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

There have been talks here in canada that Mitsubishi is bringing an AWD Lancer RA Turbo to Canada Jan 2007. It will be priced just under the price of a WRX. It's suppose to have the styling of an Evo X, which is suppose to come to Canada the following year of Jan 2008. Now I got all this info from someone who works at one of the Mitsu dealers here. Him and other employees have gone to Mitsu conferences where they talked about future models. They also say that this RA Turbo will have more power then WRX. Now personaly I think this is possible considering there is no EVO in Canada yet but there is a WRX here and a WRX STI. I belive Mitsubishi wants to be able to take away some of this market from Subaru. By the way I do see many WRX's driving around.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love a turbo. Maybe if it was an option or a factory kit. Some performance options would be nice. Better shocks leap to mind.

The styling is do for an update but I don't see the point of going to nuts or going for a coupe. They already offer the Eclipse.

I bought my RA cause I need a family car but didn't want something borring to drive. It's nice the lancers have some space. A lot of cars have no trunk or space in them.

-Joe

P.S. Bring back the Sportback Wagon!!!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

*turbo yes
*navi system no
*lsd yes
*leather as a option
*better seats
*no more than 22k
*maybe AWD as an option
*what do you guys think of a 6 speed
*better tail lights(smoked or black)

PS: maybe that should make a all out AWD turbo ralliart with lsd, 17 inch wheels, leather bucket racing seats, 6 speed tranny, and call it the lancer ralliart MR hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

i say they go the same route as they did with the 1st and 2nd gen eclipses, have the es(eclipse gs), ra fwd turbo(gst), and the evo(gsx). since basically the lancer is now their new tuner car, why not keep that same pattern going. does anyone else thinks this makes sense i would go with lsd stanard and a tighter suspension thats it . the interior and exterior is good enough. if you start wanting all the little things plus turbo, thats whats going to push the price over the edge, i would much rather go with a turbo ra than an ra with alot of useless gadgets i probably wouldnt use, make it fast and simple, that will keep it around 22k$

oh and another thing, NO ALTEZZAS PLEASE
Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

PS: maybe that should make a all out AWD turbo ralliart with lsd, 17 inch wheels, leather bucket racing seats, 6 speed tranny, and call it the lancer ralliart MR hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah[/QUOTE]

i like that idea
Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

it should be turbo , with lsd , under $22k , better interiors and maybe 6 speed. I don't care that much for wheels , but the RA definetly needs an overhaul. Examples like the TC SC and the new civic SI are reasons for changes in the RA.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deathsythe12
it should be turbo , with lsd , under $22k , better interiors and maybe 6 speed. I don't care that much for wheels , but the RA definetly needs an overhaul. Examples like the TC SC and the new civic SI are reasons for changes in the RA.
As far as what you think should be on the new RA's and keeping it under 22K

You can wish in one hand.....
and sh*t in the other.....
and see which one fills up first.

Because if they did make the RA like that and keep it under 22 grand, they would have to severly deplete the quality on other parts. Then itd be like an SRT-4, only a tad more expensive.

But Mitsu DEFINTELY needs to beefen up their choice of add on accessories. Look at a scion's accessories, they have everything from superchargers to AEM intakes to aluminum pedals to "performance" mufflers. We have door sills and muffler tips.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

For all of you who want to compete with the base WRX I just don't feel that the RA is the car for the job. If you wan't a cheep EVO get the RS modle. It's only a couple grand more then the WRX and you get way more performence. We sould be looking to kick some NEON SRT-4, Chevy Cobalt, or Spec-v butt. Not WRX
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Im not a fan of the srt-4 but yesterday at the drag strip i saw about 3 srt-4 beat evos and sti like they were nothing (without nitrous). These cars perform well and with the right tuning the can kick awd a**. I for one won't be talking that much smack about them. Hey , BLK maybe not 22k but it really needs to be affordable.

Last edited by deathsythe12; Dec 13, 2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

LSD standerd and a turbo bolt on upgrade (like the Scion tC has with the SC) and we would be set.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:52 AM

srt-4s with slicks may beat an evo at the track, but srt-4s on the street will get owned by a evo/sti in a 1320 race.

Quick Reply: So your sitting at MMNA headquaters in the boardroom...