Notices

Charity Event June 3rd -- Winged Warrior

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Charity Event June 3rd -- Winged Warrior

Some of you may notice my signature that says "Winged Warrior 2006" and wonder what the heck is that? It is a Well, here is an explanation taken from the dedicated website http://www.wingedwarrior.net

The Winged Warrior Performance Challenge was initiated by Dr Kevin Butterfield in 2002 as a small toy donation charity for the patients at a local children's hospital. Over the years this small charity has grown into an automotive performance shootout, car show, and spectator event for the greater benefit of these same children.
We will expand this year to include a number of events rarely available to automotive enthusiasts testing all aspects of automotive performance. Have you ever wanted to know what your car can truly pull on the skidpad or slalom without consulting the back of a magazine? If so, this is the event for you.
Of course, we can't have a "challenge" without some good competition, and the Winged Warrior Performance Challenge will provide just that. Competitors will be divided into 60 cars for "Team USA", and 60 cars competing for "Team Import". When the smoke clears at the end of the day, we'll hand out a number of sponsored individual awards and trophies, and decide who the overall team winner is. If that's not enough, we will then take the fastest 10 cars and pit them against each other under the lights for the grand finale (event to be revealed race-day). The winner of that will be crowned "WINGED WARRIOR GRAND CHAMPION 2006". Be there for the action on Saturday, June 3rd 2006!

Otter, myself and one other Ralliart took part in this last year as an Autocross only, and it was a blast. There are several added events this year. The only cost is a donation to Riley Hospital.
So if you are going to be in the area around June 3rd.......go to this event! We have people traveling from as far as Oregon to come to this.
AMS and Buschur will be there (Evo tuner shops), Danny Popp and Jon Krowlewicz of One Lap of America fame will be there too.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:58 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I heard my name.... ¬.¬

Just to add in my 2¢, if you are within a day's drive of Indianapolis, this event is worth going to. Some of the baddest imports and domestics in the Midwest (country?) will be there. We're talking blown/turbo'd Corvettes, Vipers, Evos, Supras, etc all going *****-out on numerous speed and agility tests. Last year we even had a Skyline there (check E2L's video).

When teams are chosen, they pick an healthy mix of "deep-pocket" racers, as well as stock and lightly modded cars. This is an event intended for everyone, as well as for Riley's Children's Hospital.

I'd really like to see a better Lancer and Ralliart turnout this year. E2L, Z_Lancerman, Shado, and myself will be there. The third Ralliart that was there last year had one of the best times of the day on the autoX course. 4 racing slicks helped, which aren't allowed this year, but it goes to show that a Ralliart with a great driver and good tires can hang with the big dogs no problem.

Plus, if you come, you get to meet a real live EvoM moderator.

Last edited by otter; Mar 14, 2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otter
I heard my name.... ¬.¬

Just to add in my 2¢, if you are within a day's drive of Indianapolis, this event is worth going to. Some of the baddest imports and domestics in the Midwest (country?) will be there. We're talking blown/turbo'd Corvettes, Vipers, Evos, Supras, etc all going *****-out on numerous speed and agility tests. Last year we even had a Skyline there (check E2L's video).

When teams are chosen, they pick an healthy mix of "deep-pocket" racers, as well as stock and lightly modded cars. This is an event intended for everyone, as well as for Riley's Children's Hospital.

I'd really like to see a better Lancer and Ralliart turnout this year. E2L, Z_Lancerman, Shado, and myself will be there. The third Ralliart that was there last year had one of the best times of the day on the autoX course. 4 racing slicks helped, which aren't allowed this year, but it goes to show that a Ralliart with a great driver and good tires can hang with the big dogs no problem.

Plus, if you come, you get to meet a real live EvoM moderator.
Yeah....I was kind of confused about how that guy got in there with slicks...but oh well.
Otter is right....this event is worth at least a days drive. ***cough****Myskewicz****
And there is that point about meeting a real live EvoM moderator!!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to be there, 06 Ralliart 5-speed stock, I will register as soon as the forms are available.

Mike