Notices

2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats personal preference then. I would much rather have a car that was nearly nothing(comparing JDM to USDM RA, USDM is pretty much nothing) to start off with and build it into something. Sure, you'll get more out of an OEM turbo made car, and yes there are many things that can be done, but personally, turning a not so much N/A car into a race worthy car much satisfies me more. I wouldnt consider that struggling either, I mean if you want to run with the top of the line, the turbo RA obviously helps and is way closer to the big boy Evo's and Sti's etc, but once again like I said, you cant compare it with the N/A FWD. No doubt its behind, no doubt that lots more work need to be done to come close to the JDM Turbo RA.

All in all, yes the JDM RA seems like a blast, I dont question that. yes, the JDM is waay better than the USDM RA. You cannot possibly compare them which is my point all along. The only common trait they have is that they are both Lancer Ralliarts, different engine, displacement, all that stuff... we share the same shell, and thats all.

btw that was a good go Arithmetic
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys have the better vehicle. The JDM version is neither turbo, nor AWD and it's N/A engine makes *the same* power as the 4G69. But I think the 4G69 has more modding potential.

Last edited by GPTourer; Apr 17, 2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PR_Mivec
the engine tranny combo cost )here in pr) arround 6k new... anyone smells a swap?
Then your in the price range of Evo RS or Slightly used Evo 8 with less power. Why waste the $$$?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was speaking sacartic

why would i want an evo...? lol
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by GPTourer
You guys have the better vehicle. The JDM version is neither turbo, nor AWD and it's N/A engine makes *the same* power as the 4G69.
Of all people, you gp? You a very informative guy when it come to cars, but anyways... your right and your wrong. First off, yes... (my mistake) I just check the JDM ralliart is not AWD, it is FWD. I got the "ralliart" and "mx-touring" model mix up. The "MX-Touring" model come in FWD or AWD and is a 1.5L SOHC.

But... The JDM Lancer Ralliart is 4G93 GDI 1800 DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler turbo engine.

There is a member here name pikachu that has a jdm ralliart (he is from singapore) and with a few bolt on he is now at 215HP.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

uh....not to sound like an ***, but we have the EVO IX in the states, even though it's not as nice as the JDM EVO IX (sayc, JDM rear IX bumper), it's much better than the standard JDM Lancer.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

before you start anything, Lancer Evo IX, I'm guessing what you mean is that the JDM Evo IX doesnt differ from the USDM Evo IX as much as the JDM Ralliart does to the USDM Ralliart?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Just be glad you have Mitsubishi in America.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Just a quick thought for those discussing there preferences. Seriously, what is TUNING if you start with somthing that is alread boosted and turbo friendly. Not baggin on the evo guys im talking FWD RAs here nothing more. Seriously you take all the fun out off turning your RA into a but kicking car when you buy somthing turboed ect. WHERE is the PRIDE in saying I BUILT THAT!!!!! Just a question you got to ask yourself. Just my .02
Old Apr 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

All I can say is; RRM Turbo + RRM LSD + USDM RA = kick @$$. If I only had the cash...... maybe someday.

Oh yah, and those JDM seats too.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wrecked
All I can say is; RRM Turbo + RRM LSD + USDM RA = kick @$$. If I only had the cash...... maybe someday.

Oh yah, and those JDM seats too.
I'm doing it in 10 months or less, but I am going exhaust and a bunch of other things... I'll have to post dyno and track results.

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

This is my personal opinion, and I have nothing against my own car, but Mitsubishi engineers aren't Audi engineers. If my car had a 1.8L boosted engine, I would have thought twice about buying it. A boosted car is going to have more potential, but do you seriously have faith a teeny tiny engine is going to give you the kind of reliability you'd see out of the 2.4L if you strapped even a handlful of mods on it if you paid $18k new? Our cars aren't TTs. I think we got the better engine.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

2.4 Liter non-high-compression engine making 162hp/tq at the flywheel N/A... If it were higher compression it'd make more power but for the compression ratio it's at now it is quite powerful. It's got just about the perfect compression ratio for big boost as well which is where I'm headed.

It's always more fun when you have to do it on your own!

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:57 AM

nice pics thanks for the share...good convo too...do your own work from bottom up in the end pay offs and makes u sleep better at night lmao
Old Apr 18, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Of all people, you gp? You a very informative guy when it come to cars, but anyways... your right and your wrong. First off, yes... (my mistake) I just check the JDM ralliart is not AWD, it is FWD. I got the "ralliart" and "mx-touring" model mix up. The "MX-Touring" model come in FWD or AWD and is a 1.5L SOHC.

But... The JDM Lancer Ralliart is 4G93 GDI 1800 DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler turbo engine.

There is a member here name pikachu that has a jdm ralliart (he is from singapore) and with a few bolt on he is now at 215HP.
That is seriously hot... not knowing the full car details but the potentual to really make that thing hum is going be very cool.... only downside is the semi auto/manual box... the other club that I am heavily involved with have some fairly heavy connections and support from Mitsubishi Australia and when we approached them with some ideas as to new car designs we put forward that we would love to see the return of the GSR which is a 4g93T DOHC and in either a FWD or AWD and priced within the WRX ranging to close the gap between our Lancers which are priced between $20k and the EVO at $60k - we were told by Mitsubishi Australia that they would take our request seriously and asked if we could put forward more details etc... so it would be very interesting to see if this is the results from our enquiries...

Now seeing as it is already in right hand drive I wonder how long it will be before we see it down this way - I might have to give RPW a call to stop working on my car

Quick Reply: 2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart