Notices

2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
You guys have the better vehicle. The JDM version is neither turbo, nor AWD and it's N/A engine makes *the same* power as the 4G69. But I think the 4G69 has more modding potential.
the JDM ralliart lancer is a powered by a 4G93 block with a TD04 turbine.......;D
Old Apr 18, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Of all people, you gp? You a very informative guy when it come to cars, but anyways... your right and your wrong. First off, yes... (my mistake) I just check the JDM ralliart is not AWD, it is FWD. I got the "ralliart" and "mx-touring" model mix up. The "MX-Touring" model come in FWD or AWD and is a 1.5L SOHC.

But... The JDM Lancer Ralliart is 4G93 GDI 1800 DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler turbo engine.

There is a member here name pikachu that has a jdm ralliart (he is from singapore) and with a few bolt on he is now at 215HP.
*wave*...hehehee you called?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

hi everyone....looks like quite a discussion here.....

Regarding the interior, to be honest it looks nice, but you guys are not missing much. No doubt the seats are Recaros, the bolstering is kinda bad and that is why my seats are changed. The only thing nice about the interior is the CF panels, and thats about it.

Regarding the engine, yes its nice to have a factory turbo charged engine because the initial power gain can be easy by slapping on an open pod, boost controller, exhaust...after that it qets complicated. At the end it is a 1.8L block and a semi-auto...It would be nice to have a manual but that can be arrange by a gearbox swap with the previous CK4 1.8T GSR.....but than again it cost money....

While there are more things to do for an FIed 2.4 block but at the end, its still a displacement game plus the fact that you guys get a manual tranny.......Personally I think between the USDM and the JDM model its more or less equal depending on what one is looking at.....
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ Thank for chiming in, I was hoping you see this thread, since we have less than 3 members here with the JDM lancer ralliart and you post the most out of the bunch. Personally with all the options of tranny swap (manual) and upgrades for power, I rather go with a JDM ralliart than a USDM ralliart. Plus, that interior is to die for when sitting in our car.

Think you can post up clearer pics of your interior?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

welcome to safety testing, and people not wanting to pay money for all the amneties
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Of all people, you gp? You a very informative guy when it come to cars, but anyways... your right and your wrong. First off, yes... (my mistake) I just check the JDM ralliart is not AWD, it is FWD. I got the "ralliart" and "mx-touring" model mix up. The "MX-Touring" model come in FWD or AWD and is a 1.5L SOHC. But... The JDM Lancer Ralliart is 4G93 GDI 1800 DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler turbo engine.

There is a member here name pikachu that has a jdm ralliart (he is from singapore) and with a few bolt on he is now at 215HP.
Thanks. And thank you for the clarification. I knew it was a 4G93 DOHC GDI - but I didn't see anything about the turbo on the site, I can't read Japanese.

Still, I think the 4G69 is a better engine, for us. I don't know how tunable GDI engines are, or even if they would work on our gas. Having a 4G6X engine means having it being a relative of the 4G63 which American tuners know very well. And since it is FWD, I still think the American RA is the better car for this market. The seats do look sharp in that car though.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
welcome to safety testing, and people not wanting to pay money for all the amneties
I was going to say that in my previous post, ha ha ha... American standars are way different then other countries.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

its the same thing as the 2005 jdm ralliart, which i posted last yr https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=121992
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Thank for chiming in, I was hoping you see this thread, since we have less than 3 members here with the JDM lancer ralliart and you post the most out of the bunch. Personally with all the options of tranny swap (manual) and upgrades for power, I rather go with a JDM ralliart than a USDM ralliart. Plus, that interior is to die for when sitting in our car.

Think you can post up clearer pics of your interior?
There are two others and they dont post much?....Its getting kinda lonely like this....hehehehehee

Tranny swap with the CK4 GSR is gonna be an expensive exercise because there were not many producted, and was taken off production once the EVO4 came on. I have found the box and it cost something like USD7000 estimate for a close ratio 5 speed with LSD and lighten flywheel......linkages included...but thats alot of money to spend....heheheheeee

Interior is nice to look at....but on long journey.....it really sucks....I am not very tall at 5ft 8in backaches and slipping butts......heheheheee

I just gotten my digital camera back from the service centre....I take better pics and post it back......
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Thanks. And thank you for the clarification. I knew it was a 4G93 DOHC GDI - but I didn't see anything about the turbo on the site, I can't read Japanese.

Still, I think the 4G69 is a better engine, for us. I don't know how tunable GDI engines are, or even if they would work on our gas. Having a 4G6X engine means having it being a relative of the 4G63 which American tuners know very well. And since it is FWD, I still think the American RA is the better car for this market. The seats do look sharp in that car though.
The 4G93T GDi engine gives a balance between power and fuel economy. Even with the stuff that I have dumped in, its still getting between 1litre to 9km to 10km, city driving and about 1litre to 11km to 12km on long distance highway driving.

Its not very easy to tune a GDi engine.....If a standalone goes in, the GDi function has to be disabled.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:04 PM

I want in dash GPS Standard :S
Old Apr 19, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

What does the GDi stand for?

Mike
Old Apr 19, 2006, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think it means gasoline direct injected
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is correct. It puts the fuel injector down in the cylinder, and brings diesel like qualities to a gas engine.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Of all things, I don't mind the differences. THere's reasons for them all. But something like HID headlights should AT LEAST be an option in the US if not standard.

Quick Reply: 2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart