Notices

Competitor Cars

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Is the low end Eclipse in our range?

good catch yes it is its pretty dam slow, but the eclipse ralliart is sick!!
Old May 10, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeKondilis
good catch yes it is its pretty dam slow, but the eclipse ralliart is sick!!
Too bad it's not in production. Are they planning on producing them? I would be kind of dumb to make 2 AWD turbo vehicles.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tuffguy
We're underrated. We put down as much power as a Spec-V.

article

Ralliart - 157hp, 155lb-ft
Spec-V - 151hp, 159lb-ft
that article makes the ralliart look like crap.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinO
Too bad it's not in production. Are they planning on producing them? I would be kind of dumb to make 2 AWD turbo vehicles.

I thought the new Eclipses already had the MIVEC engines? Turbo or not I thought they were MIVEC.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Someone listed a Caliber 2.4L.... On Motorweek a few days ago they were testing one, and well...

"
if unremarkable, 0 to 60 times of 9.3 seconds. The quarter mile is also a leisurely 17.2 seconds at 83 miles-per-hour. The engine is slow-revving and a bit noisy when pushed. Add in our R/T's 3,308 pound curb weight, and it all feels a bit sluggish.
"

I don't think you'll have to be worrying about them.

As for the guy talking about 1.8L VW's and Audi's...oh yeah, I had an A4 1.8L try to to think he was all the other day and walked away from him. For the sake of truth, I was my XR, but the RA is just as fast as the XR is (both stock) if not a tad faster.

But since someone mentioned the SVT Focus, what about Mustangs, not the new gt's, but the v6's...where do they sit in comparo?
Old May 10, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

D@** I didn't expect that many replies, however, yes it is very informative. I was wondering more along the lines of cornering and the amount of G forces also able to be handle'ed by the car before I put it down, I know that I myself am pretty manuverable and i just recently bought the car, and i have a long way to go with it as I have already put 1500 miles on it in 2 weeks, just playing around with it. I love the cornering aspects of it, i feel no bad understeer, even when pushing it. How do ya'll relate? because even though the world still has straight roads, there are just as many curves, so i know that you guys out there have to have a favorite corner or wavey road to take your cars on, so what could out handle on top of the RA?

thanks again for all the replies, i didnt know i would start a popular type thread lol
Old May 10, 2006, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atmsanchez
that article makes the ralliart look like crap.
Due to our crappy tires/rims. Spec-V has 17x7s with decent rubber, RA has 16x6s with crappy rubber.
Exit any corner under power and you produce enough tire smoke to get a job on a Hollywood sound stage. In fact, burnouts are a Lancer strongpoint. Good power, low gears and crappy tires combine to make editor Oldham smile all the way home.

The Lancer also spins both tires out of the hole as grip is severely limited by the cheap rubber.
Old May 10, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

How about the Dodge Status? Can we throw that one in there too?

Just so everyone knows, I'm not trying to start arguments or anything here. I'm actually asking these question for my own knowledge.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Is the low end Eclipse in our range?
Without a doubt, stock vs. stock a ralliart would murder an eclipse GS, dig or roll... they are a joke too. Eclipse GS has the same motor as us, but weights 3274lbs. The ralliart could run circles around that ugly *** pig.
Originally Posted by mivec602
i have yet to find a sentra spec v that could pull on me... however i have had mixed experiences with the tc and gts celica......
tC's are quite easy, never lost to one yet. The celi gts has crazy speed from a roll (similar to a type-s), def stay away from them on the highway.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahnospell44
I love the cornering aspects of it, i feel no bad understeer, even when pushing it.
If you dont feel understeer when you push it, you are not pushing hard enough. Get the RRM rear swaybar and perches and some better tires. You will notice the difference.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
If you dont feel understeer when you push it, you are not pushing hard enough. Get the RRM rear swaybar and perches and some better tires. You will notice the difference.

agreed. I've got the RRM rear strut tower brace, and although its REALLY helped, I still get a fair deal of understeer. It may be overkill, but the plan at this point is to upgrade the rear sway bar with the RRM one. Even running both of these things I just dont believe it's possible to tighten too much with just these two upgrades, but yes, throwing this car around corners aggressively still gives me more understeer than I'd like. I also have replaced my tires with some kuhmo ecsta asx's, which I've been very pleased with for the money.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Khobin~
But since someone mentioned the SVT Focus, what about Mustangs, not the new gt's, but the v6's...where do they sit in comparo?

I'm not 100% sure on my info here, but I think ford actually did a decent job of making their v6 models somewhat appealing this year. Their v6 model very close to being only half a second slower than their old mustang GT. Now, whether or not this car is desireable is another conversation altogether, but despite their WEAK @ss exhaust note (stock), they aren't sluggish cars. If my info is wrong, forgive the stupidity.
Old May 11, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I'm not 100% sure on my info here, but I think ford actually did a decent job of making their v6 models somewhat appealing this year. Their v6 model very close to being only half a second slower than their old mustang GT. Now, whether or not this car is desireable is another conversation altogether, but despite their WEAK @ss exhaust note (stock), they aren't sluggish cars. If my info is wrong, forgive the stupidity.
THe new '05 and newer v6's are over 200hp, I believe around 240, so even those are probably out of reach, but I was trying to refer to the previous body styles, the none gt's.
Old May 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
that is so true lol
Old May 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Khobin~
THe new '05 and newer v6's are over 200hp, I believe around 240, so even those are probably out of reach, but I was trying to refer to the previous body styles, the none gt's.
A guy at my work is running the v6 and he says it only has 210hp. I've ridden in it and it felt like my RA would beat it. I think it would be a pretty fun race though.